Uwee hee hee hee! Welcome, editors, to the Dragon's Neck Colosseum! My name is Ultros the receptionist, and I'm taking bets as to who will win in a tussle between two characters from the Final Fantasy series! The winner gets, well, nothing. It's more of a poll, really. The Colosseum owner stuck me on this duty after Kefka was defeated, but I need the money! So what are you waiting for? Get voting! Remember, you can remain anonymous!
The DNC is run by committee. If you have any questions regarding DNC rules, please contact one of the following people: Deadlyslashsword, ScatheMote, and Jimcloud. TacticAngel will also help in areas of policy or if somehow all other members of the committee are unavailable. The committee members will take care of changing the fights, archiving older fights, and maintaining the nominations page. Please do not change the format of this page or change the fight without permission.
The Rules, Briefly
Functionally, this is a popularity contest. You may vote for your favorite or whom you think would win in an competition between the two combatants that week. Failure to comply with these rules will likely result in your vote being removed up to being banned from participating in future fights.
- You may vote only once.
- If you are a user, please include your vote in the user section. If you are not logged in when you vote as a user, your vote will be removed.
- If you are not a user, please include your vote in the anonymous section.
- To vote, type the following "#~~~~", afterward including any reasons for voting you may wish to include. You are required to leave this whether you are logged in or anonymous. If you do not sign and timestamp your vote, it will be removed.
- Add your votes to the bottom of the list. Please do not post anything obnoxious and/or extraordinarily lengthy or it will be removed.
- If you wish to comment on the fight, please leave your remarks in the peanut gallery. You are expected to conduct yourself with courtesy. Comments must relate to the fight at hand.
Any failure to adhere to these rules will result in your vote(s) being removed.
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing is a spinoff of the original Dragon's Neck Colosseum. It is a fight between the previous victor of Last Man Standing and victor of the previous DNC fight. It occurs every other week; in other terms, it happens when the normal DNC fights are not going on. It has the same rules as the normal fights, with a few exceptions:
- Ties will never be called and the 10% is disregarded. If the two opponents tie, the defending champion will be declared the victor.
- If a character wins 5 Last Man Standing fights in a row, he or she will be retired from LMS and two new battlers will vie for the coveted champion spot.
- Sometimes a previous Last Man Standing champion may be revived to fight against the current champion. This will happen if the previous DNC winner is incapable with LMS (i.e. if the previous winner was a game mechanic, a summon, or an enemy) or for special celebrations.
Fight 193: Celes Chere v. Kain Highwind
|At first glance, it seems like these characters have nothing to do with each other. But when taking a closer look, one can see quite a few similarities. Both are prominent generals for the opposing side who eventually realize their faults and join the heroes. More importantly, they both have long silky blond hair. Whose hair is the silkiest? The fight is on!||VICTOR|
Votes for Celes
Votes for Kain
Both of these characters are part of my favorites list in the entire series. They both have almost tragic stories, and they are both affected deeply through the course of the games. Violagirl33 00:56, April 23, 2012 (UTC)
Fight 192: Last Man Standing Round 8: Krile Mayer Baldesion v. Seymour Guado
Our staff can't be arsed to code for Oasis, click here.
KRILE MAYER BALDESION
FINAL FANTASY V
VICTOR - 21 to 11½
FINAL FANTASY X
DEFEAT - 21 to 11½
|Krile faces her toughest test this week as she faces off against Seymour. In this cross-generational clash of good versus evil, who will emerge victorious? Who will be the last man standing?|
Votes for Krile
Votes for Seymour
As for voting against Krile because she's not a perky girl, all I'll say is: at least she didn't jump up and down while planning to blow up a train in a civilian-infested area, like one of them. :P Cat 18:06, April 15, 2012 (UTC)
I'm starting to get the sneaky suspicion that people would rather have the current champion of Last Man Standing to keep going than actually have a change-up before the required fifth win... King of Noobs 04:32, April 16, 2012 (UTC)
You can find older fights in the Archives for the Dragon's Neck Colosseum. All of these fights are closed, so don't bother voting. All new votes will be removed. Each archive contains 10 weeks of different fights.
|DRAGON'S NECK COLOSSEUM ARCHIVES|
I - II - III - IV - V - VI - VII - VIII - IX - X - XI - XII - XIII - XIV - XV - XVI - XVII - XVIII - XIX - XX - XXI - XXII - XXIII - XXIV - XXV - XXVI - XXVII - XXVIII - XXIX - XXX - XXXI - XXXII - XXXIII - XXXIV - XXXV - XXXVI - XXXVII - XXXVIII - XXXIX - XL
|April Fools - LMS Championship|