Uwee hee hee hee! Welcome, editors, to the Dragon's Neck Colosseum! My name is Ultros the receptionist, and I'm taking bets as to who will win in a tussle between two characters from the Final Fantasy series! The winner gets, well, nothing. It's more of a poll, really. The Colosseum owner stuck me on this duty after Kefka was defeated, but I need the money! So what are you waiting for? Get voting! Remember, you can remain anonymous!
The DNC is run by committee. If you have any questions regarding DNC rules, please contact one of the following people: ScatheMote, Jimcloud, and Some Color Mage. TacticAngel will also help in areas of policy or if somehow all other members of the committee are unavailable. The committee members will take care of changing the fights, archiving older fights, and maintaining the nominations page. Please do not change the format of this page or change the fight without permission.
The Rules, Briefly
Functionally, this is a popularity contest. You may vote for your favorite or whom you think would win in an competition between the two combatants that week. Fights are changed weekly, and are supposed to be updated on Monday, but fate often conspires to make us update on Tuesday, so keep that in mind if you don't see a new fight yet. Failure to comply with the following rules will likely result in your vote being removed, and repeated or particularly obnoxious rule violations may result in a ban from participating in future fights.
- You may vote only once.
- You may only vote on the most recent fight. Fights from previous weeks that have not yet been archived are closed to voting, although you may still comment on them if you wish.
- If you are a user, please include your vote in the user section. If you are not logged in when you vote as a user, your vote will be removed.
- If you are not a user, please include your vote in the anonymous section. Anonymous votes are only worth half as much as a registered user's vote.
- To vote, type the following "#~~~~", afterward including any reasons for voting you may wish to include. You are required to leave this whether you are logged in or anonymous. If you do not sign and timestamp your vote, it will be removed.
- Add your votes to the bottom of the list. Please do not post anything obnoxious and/or extraordinarily lengthy or it will be removed. Lengthy votes will be moved to the peanut gallery, whereas obnoxious votes can be removed if two thirds of the panel agree upon it.
- If you wish to comment on the fight, please leave your remarks in the peanut gallery. You are expected to conduct yourself with courtesy. Comments must relate to the fight at hand.
- Any failure to adhere to these rules will result in your vote(s) being removed.
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing is a spinoff of the original Dragon's Neck Colosseum. It is a fight between the previous victor of Last Man Standing and victor of the previous DNC fight. It occurs every other week; in other terms, it happens when the normal DNC fights are not going on. It has the same rules as the normal fights, with a few exceptions:
- If the two opponents tie, the both characters will be retired, and two new fighters will appear.
- If a character wins 5 Last Man Standing fights in a row, he or she will be retired from LMS and two new battlers will vie for the coveted champion spot.
- Sometimes a previous Last Man Standing champion may be revived to fight against the current champion. This will happen if the previous DNC winner is incompatible with LMS (i.e. if the previous winner was a game mechanic, a summon, or an enemy) or for special celebrations.
LAST MAN STANDING 100 TOURNAMENT PARTY ZONE
Hello and welcome to the Last Man Standing 100 Tournament Party Zone! In this event, we're putting the all-stars of LMS (and some other people that showed up drunk and were thrown into the arena just because) into one probably-not-final grand bout to see who the TRUE Last Man/Woman/Geological Feature Standing is!
The tournament will go on for 8 weeks, because I can't be bothered to put up more than two fights at once and I don't expect the other two to do more either. Conveniently, this also means this is an end of year celebration tournament! And we'll also do one fight from both halves of the bracket each week because why the hell not.
|Round of 16||Quarter Finals||Semi Finals||Third Place||Championship||CHAMPION|
|IN THE FABULOUUUUUS~ CORNER|
FINAL FANTASY IX
|IN THE YELLOW CORNER|
GARNET TIL ALEXANDROS XVII
FINAL FANTASY IX
Votes for Kuja
Votes for Garnet
220.127.116.11 01:03, November 5, 2015 (UTC)
Basch vs A Rock
|IN THE BROWN CORNER|
BASCH FON RONSENBURG
FINAL FANTASY XII
|IN THE GRANITE CORNER|
Votes for Basch
Votes against Rock
18.104.22.168 01:07, November 5, 2015 (UTC)
By the way, is it just me, or has the fight between Jihl and Drace not been formally decided? I know Drace clearly won, but girl needs the official credit she deserves.11:19, November 4, 2015 (UTC)
You can find older fights in the Archives for the Dragon's Neck Colosseum. All of these fights are closed, so don't bother voting. All new votes will be removed. Each archive contains 10 weeks of different fights.
|DRAGON'S NECK COLOSSEUM ARCHIVES|
I - II - III - IV - V - VI - VII - VIII - IX - X - XI - XII - XIII - XIV - XV - XVI - XVII - XVIII - XIX - XX - XXI - XXII - XXIII - XXIV - XXV - XXVI - XXVII - XXVIII - XXIX - XXX - XXXI - XXXII - XXXIII - XXXIV - XXXV - XXXVI - XXXVII - XXXVIII - XXXIX - XL
|April Fools - LMS Championship|