Uwee hee hee hee! Welcome, editors, to the Dragon's Neck Colosseum! My name is Ultros the receptionist, and I'm taking bets as to who will win in a tussle between two characters from the Final Fantasy series! The winner gets, well, nothing. It's more of a poll, really. The Colosseum owner stuck me on this duty after Kefka was defeated, but I need the money! So what are you waiting for? Get voting! Remember, you can remain anonymous!
The DNC is run by committee. If you have any questions regarding DNC rules, please contact one of the following people: Deadlyslashsword, ScatheMote, and Jimcloud. TacticAngel will also help in areas of policy or if somehow all other members of the committee are unavailable. The committee members will take care of changing the fights, archiving older fights, and maintaining the nominations page. Please do not change the format of this page or change the fight without permission.
The Rules, Briefly
Functionally, this is a popularity contest. You may vote for your favorite or whom you think would win in an competition between the two combatants that week. Failure to comply with these rules will likely result in your vote being removed up to being banned from participating in future fights.
- You may vote only once.
- If you are a user, please include your vote in the user section. If you are not logged in when you vote as a user, your vote will be removed.
- If you are not a user, please include your vote in the anonymous section.
- To vote, type the following "#~~~~", afterward including any reasons for voting you may wish to include. You are required to leave this whether you are logged in or anonymous. If you do not sign and timestamp your vote, it will be removed.
- Add your votes to the bottom of the list. Please do not post anything obnoxious and/or extraordinarily lengthy or it will be removed.
- If you wish to comment on the fight, please leave your remarks in the peanut gallery. You are expected to conduct yourself with courtesy. Comments must relate to the fight at hand.
Any failure to adhere to these rules will result in your vote(s) being removed.
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing is a spinoff of the original Dragon's Neck Colosseum. It is a fight between the previous victor of Last Man Standing and victor of the previous DNC fight. It occurs every other week; in other terms, it happens when the normal DNC fights are not going on. It has the same rules as the normal fights, with a few exceptions:
- Ties will never be called. If the two opponents tie, the defending champion will be declared the victor.
- If a character wins 5 Last Man Standing fights in a row, he or she will be retired from LMS and two new battlers will vie for the coveted champion spot.
- Sometimes a previous Last Man Standing champion may be revived to fight against the current champion. This will happen if the previous DNC winner is incompatible with LMS (i.e. if the previous winner was a game mechanic, a summon, or an enemy) or for special celebrations.
Fight 199: Zell Dincht v. Amarant Coral
|This week, two of Final Fantasy's ever popular hand-to-hand fighters face off. However, their personalities could not be more different: one is fiery and energetic, the other quiet and moody. But which martial artist is superior?||VICTOR|
Votes for Zell
Votes for Amarant
FINAL FANTASY VI
DEFEAT - 32½ to 24½
FINAL FANTASY VII
VICTORY - 32½ to 24½
|Both of today's competitors served corrupt, power-hungry organizations and were eventually betrayed by them. Today, though, their similarities mean little as they face each other on the field of battle. Will the general of the Gestahlian Empire secure another win? Or will the puppy from SOLDIER dethrone the champion? Who will be the last man standing?|
Votes for Celes
Votes for Zack
Okay, we have a fight between Celes and Zack this week. Previously in the Dragon's Neck Colosseum we've had fights between Kefka and Sephiroth (Kefka won that one, if I recall correctly). And then later the musical themes did the fighting for the bad guys they represent: "Dancing Mad" vs. "One-Winged Angel" (fans liked "One-Winged Angel" better that time). There's been (listed in no particular order) Sabin vs. Tifa, Setzer vs. Cait Sith, Setzer vs. Tifa, and Magicite vs. Materia. In other words, a lot of VI vs. VII fights. Will the next one be Terra vs. Cloud? Setzer vs. Cid Highwind? Or is someone in the committee going to try and ban future VI vs. VII fights? Just curious. SelkieMaiden267 15:09, May 28, 2012 (UTC)
You can find older fights in the Archives for the Dragon's Neck Colosseum. All of these fights are closed, so don't bother voting. All new votes will be removed. Each archive contains 10 weeks of different fights.
|DRAGON'S NECK COLOSSEUM ARCHIVES|
I - II - III - IV - V - VI - VII - VIII - IX - X - XI - XII - XIII - XIV - XV - XVI - XVII - XVIII - XIX - XX - XXI - XXII - XXIII - XXIV - XXV - XXVI - XXVII - XXVIII - XXIX - XXX - XXXI - XXXII - XXXIII - XXXIV - XXXV - XXXVI - XXXVII - XXXVIII - XXXIX - XL
|April Fools - LMS Championship|