Uwee hee hee hee! Welcome, editors, to the Dragon's Neck Colosseum! My name is Ultros the receptionist, and I'm taking bets as to who will win in a tussle between two characters from the Final Fantasy series! The winner gets, well, nothing. It's more of a poll, really. The Colosseum owner stuck me on this duty after Kefka was defeated, but I need the money! So what are you waiting for? Get voting! Remember, you can remain anonymous! If you have any requests for future fights, please feel free to leave a message here.
The DNC is run by committee. If you have any questions regarding DNC rules, please contact one of the following people: Deadlyslashsword, ScatheMote, and Jimcloud. TacticAngel will also help in areas of policy or if somehow all other members of the committee are unavailable. The committee members will take care of changing the fights, archiving older fights, and maintaining the nominations page. Please do not change the format of this page or change the fight without permission.
The Rules, Briefly
Functionally, this is a popularity contest. You may vote for your favorite or whom you think would win in an competition between the two combatants that week. Failure to comply with these rules will likely result in your vote being removed up to being banned from participating in future fights.
- You may vote only once.
- If you are a user, please include your vote in the user section. If you are not logged in when you vote as a user, your vote will be removed.
- If you are not a user, please include your vote in the anonymous section.
- To vote, type the following "#~~~~", afterward including any reasons for voting you may wish to include. You are required to leave this whether you are logged in or anonymous. If you do not sign and timestamp your vote, it will be removed.
- Add your votes to the bottom of the list. Please do not post anything obnoxious and/or extraordinarily lengthy or it will be removed.
- If you wish to comment on the fight, please leave your remarks in the peanut gallery. You are expected to conduct yourself with courtesy. Comments must relate to the fight at hand.
Any failure to adhere to these rules will result in your vote(s) being removed. Ties may be called if the victor won by a margin of 10% or less.
Last Man Standing
Last Man Standing is a spinoff of the original Dragon's Neck Colosseum. It is a fight between the previous victor of Last Man Standing and victor of the previous DNC fight. It occurs every other week; in other terms, it happens when the normal DNC fights are not going on. It has the same rules as the normal fights, with a few exceptions:
- Ties will never be called and the 10% is disregarded. If the two opponents tie, the defending champion will be declared the victor.
- If a character wins 5 Last Man Standing fights in a row, he or she will be retired from LMS and two new battlers will vie for the coveted champion spot.
- Sometimes a previous Last Man Standing champion may be revived to fight against the current champion. This will happen if the previous DNC winner is incapable with LMS (i.e. if the previous winner was a game mechanic, a summon, or an enemy) or for special celebrations.
Fight 187: Ultima v. Meteor
|After Cecil's decisive victory over Sabin and being crowned the first champion of Last Man Standing, two of Final Fantasy's most famous spells face off. Will the great big sphere of energy top death from above? Or will it turn out that Ultima really isn't ultimate after all?||VICTOR|
Votes for Ultima
Votes for Meteor
Please note that the winner of this fight will not go on to LMS. Instead, two randomly chosen characters from this list were selected to fight off in the next LMS (those being Krile and Vossler; it will be an interesting fight to be sure). ScatheMote 23:02, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
@AquaRake: Kuja has. And then he used it to destroy existence itself.23:15, March 11, 2012 (UTC)
Ooops lol. You totally got me there, dunno how that managed to slip my mind so thoroughly. AquaRake 02:19, March 12, 2012 (UTC)
Fight 186: Last Man Standing Round 5: Cecil Harvey v. Sabin Rene Figaro
FINAL FANTASY IV
VICTORY - 27½ - 19
SABIN RENE FIGARO
FINAL FANTASY VI
DEFEAT - 27½ - 19
|After squeezing out a narrow win over his best friend Kain, Cecil enters his last brawl in Last Man Standing against the burly Sabin. Will the Paladin emerge victorious in his last week?|
Votes for Cecil
Votes for Sabin
Welcome to Round 5 of LMS! This will be Cecil's last week in LMS, as he has reached the five-fight limit. If Cecil wins this match, two new combatants will go head to head for the title of LMS champion next week, but if Sabin emerges victorious, he will fight again as LMS champion in two weeks' time. - +DeadlySlashSword+ 05:53, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
@King of Noobs: While I do not object to the conclusion drawn, I do object to the points coming to it. Were you reading a different script than me? The impression that I received is that Edgar was the honorable one for staying, sacrificing his own freedom and desires by becoming a king, so that his brother (Sabin) could go free and pursue his dreams like he always wanted. Jimcloud 20:09, March 4, 2012 (UTC)
With all the paragraph long votes for Sabin I almost feel bad about how superficial my vote for Cecil was. ALMOST. Can you blame me for thinking he looks really hot in Dissidia and making that my only reason for voting? --Marael 01:44, March 6, 2012 (UTC)
You can find older fights in the Archives for the Dragon's Neck Colosseum. All of these fights are closed, so don't bother voting. All new votes will be removed. Each archive contains 10 weeks of different fights.
|DRAGON'S NECK COLOSSEUM ARCHIVES|
I - II - III - IV - V - VI - VII - VIII - IX - X - XI - XII - XIII - XIV - XV - XVI - XVII - XVIII - XIX - XX - XXI - XXII - XXIII - XXIV - XXV - XXVI - XXVII - XXVIII - XXIX - XXX - XXXI - XXXII - XXXIII - XXXIV - XXXV - XXXVI - XXXVII - XXXVIII - XXXIX - XL
|April Fools - LMS Championship|