What about a fight between the Magus sisters (FFIV) and the 3 stoofs or however they are called from FFVI?
Weird summons fight!Edit
A fight between the 2 transexual summons of FFXII! Zalera and Mateus! Pablo618
- I reject my own battle because It's actually stupid Pablo618
- I reject your battle because it doesn't make any sense - USer:Henryacores
- I reject your battle because I don't see how Zalera and Mateus are transexual. --Mjka 01:03, 26 March 2008 (UTC)
- Because Revenant Wings calls them both girls. Oath to Order 01:44, 26 March 2008 (UTC)
I shouldn't have called them trnasexuals, it's only because they are half girl and half man
Well Mateus (in XII) is referred to as a guy fused with a ice deity thing. But in Tactics Advanve it's a girl and Revenant Wings they call it a girl as well. Zalera, in XII, is half merged with another deity lady but call him, Zalera, a guy. In Revenant Wings they call him a her. In XII, Shemhazai is clearly portrayed and called as a girl, but in Revenant Wings they call her a he. It's messed up.
Cid Battle (aka 8bit's revival of a Tactics fight)Edit
Alright, so down there a ways on the Ramza vs. Delita fight CSM suggested something with Orlandeau in it. I just remembered that during Magicite Madness T.G Cid lost to the bald guy from FFX, and there was quite a bit of ruckus about it. So here's the deal: bring Orlandeau back for a matchup against the winner of the Cid bracket (and Final Four member) Cidolfus Demen Busana (or whatever his name is). I think it would be interesting to see what could have happened.
- This would be an interesting choice to make. --BlueHighwind
And this page needs to be archived. At least archive some of the suggestions that have fallen flat. I'll do it if given permission.
You don't need permission, just do it.
Battle Royale of the Battle Systems: Turn-based vs. ATB vs. Real-timeEdit
Ever since the release of Final Fantasy XII, I've been comparing the various battle systems of the FF franchise in an attempt to decide which one I prefer the best. Then, I found this competiton and decided that the fans should decide. Basically, this is a battle of practicality. Which battle system is more functionally perfect? The turn-based system (FF1-3,10), the ATB (Active Time Battle) system (FF4-9) or the real-time system (FFXII). The fact that it's a three-way battle could offer a wide variety of responses. -crimsonshadow619
- This might actually be interesting. -- Un-own
- Seems intriguing. It's certainly different.
Final Fantasy VII: Creator vs Creation II, Professor Hojo vs SephirothEdit
I am the person who sugguested the Garland v Kuja fight, and hence doing so this fight came to mind too. Very similar to the other battle sugguestion, creator Professor hojo vs creation Sephiroth. Some will say this is one-sided, however, I see this battle being relatively fair, personally I like both Sephiroth & Hojo. Mainly for Hojo's character is complex and has lots of depth, but sephiroth can be quite annoying, don't get me wrong Hojo can be annoying too, but it adds to his character. And I mean come on there are alot of Hojo fans out there. In conclusion creator vs creation 2, IMO relatively fair, plus I have never seen hojo in any battle before. Coincedently I perfer Hojo over Sephiroth. (i.e. I perfer garland over kuja)
1 word - Horrible - User:Henryacores
- I Think this would be ok. I do not much like FF7, but out of those two characters Hojo is more funny.
Anti-Social Battle, Shadow VS SquallEdit
Mysterious ninja with a vicious man-eating dog vs the SeeD that doesn't give a fuck about anything. -FakeFreedom
- I think it would be good simply because the matchup is just so random. Shadow isn't much of a high-key FFVI hero (sorry Oath), so Squall just may have a chance. 8bit BlackMage 01:57, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
As much as I'd love to see Shadow slash Squall's throat, and as much as I'd like to read Squall fanboys' comments for personal amusement, this is too biased towards Shadow.Changed my vote to support, just because the fight itself is an interesting one.
- Must... refrain... from... murder... to late. Shadow is a Ninja. He has a reason to be that way. Oath to Order 00:39, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- I'm afraid this would be obscenely one-sided. -- ChiefKakashi 00:59, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- Kyoku Sefirosu-- I just don't see it as a good pair to be fighting, its so random. Besides, FFVI fanboys and FFVIII Fanboys would probably end up going to war.
- I agree with Oath to Order on this one. Seriously. Squall was only cool on KH. --Airemir 17:12, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
- Crazyswordsman: As much as I'd love to see Shadow slash Squall's throat, and as much as I'd like to read Squall fanboys' comments for personal amusement, this is too biased towards Shadow.
damn 3 rejects no support so far. I thought it was a good idea. Something somebody hasn't said yet, o well. -FakeFreedom
A Gaming-King Battle,Zack VS CloudEdit
Best friend fight each other to see who better Zack who die vs the guy who beat Sephiroth Cloud (but what would happen if Zack did not die would that mean that Zack would of beaten Sephiroth or die tring)
If you Support itEdit
- Gaming-King:I'am going to support this one because I just want to see who will win and I like seeing best friend fight each other
- Kyoku Sefirosu: I think this is pretty good, oh god here comes the anti-FFVII bashers. Even if its FFVII, its not one-sided and a good fight
- what zack vs cloud that will be a great match it not even a 1-sided
- this is why I'am support this match so let see we got cloud vs zack alright that be an ok match think about it, both are so close and are almost the same zack is meant to be storger then cloud because zack is a 1st class soldier but cloud beat a 1st class soldier sephiroth so will that mean cloud is storger then zack or not, by the way this is a good match, and no way near a one side match. thank you for your time
- A fight with Cloud vs Zack would be so cool. It would be interesting to see if their emotios would get in the way, and who would use the Buster Sword?!
- WOW CLOUD VS ZACK LOVE THE IDEA.P.S GAMING-KING IS GAY
- Cloud vs Zack for Aeris Gainsborough
- I would vote on Zack you nuthead >> - User:Henryacores
- This is going to happen, but I'm going to give you guys some time to play Crisis Core. --TacticAngel 00:12, 28 March 2008 (UTC)
If you Reject it Edit
- Crazyswordsman: Stupid idea. Especially considering the kind of vote I'm seeing in the support section. Someone kill Cloud once and for all.
- Those votes scream fanboy. Oath to Order 00:40, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- Wow.....5 anon votes....maybe you all should weigh in on the fights that actually have a chance. *cough* 8bit BlackMage 01:58, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- ChiefKakashi 02:00, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- Who would vote on zack.DON'T LIE TO YOURSELF,DAMMIT!Seifer Gunblade 02:06, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- What the shit? Who the hell is commenting on the supporting side? Do you people even know proper English? And I'm on this side precisely because I hate seeing best friends fight. Not fun, especially if you have to take sides. Things just get insane by then. --Airemir 17:16, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
- This is a pathetic idea. Simple as that. Both are crap characters, and it is obvious that Cloud would kill Zach, plus there will be so much, "Oh I love Cloud" votes. Corrino
Plz Comments on itEdit
This is one of the reasons why I'd like to see a Balthier-Cloud fight. I might change it to Balthier-Auron, although I don't know how that would make MMIL feel. She wants a fight just for her.
I can't believe that people actually want this one to happen. And these anonymous voters, where were they in the other discussions?
A Gaming-King Battle,Auron VS JechtEdit
old friends fight each other to see who stronger(Jecht not Sin)
- uh, you mean Jecht right? theres no such character as jet
- Pablo618: Because I want to vote for jetch (he's a really cool character)
- User:Henryacores: A nice idea, but one-sided as hell. No one here pays attention to Jecht.
- 8bit_BlackMage: Will anons kindly stop suggesting fights where Auron is pitted against a forgettable loser character. Thank you.
- Crazyswordsman: I don't see any real connection.
- If Auron could kick his back side in his aeon form as an unsent, then there's no way that this'll even be a good competition. --Airemir 17:19, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
A Gaming-King Battle,Boss Battle:Sephiroth VS Seymour GuadoEdit
Bosses what think they are gods,who is the better god.The god for FF7 Seohiroth vs the god for ff10 Seymour Guado both got beat by a person with blond they names both start with "S" and they turn in to a god looking thing. So who will win? ok then. what about a father and son battle
- Gaming-KingI support this one because I will love to see who will win and because its my one
- Who will win? Sephy. ChiefKakashi
- User:Henryacores:Could you even imagine a worse one-sided battle?
- Bob The Geomancer yes i could benjamin from mystic quest vs auron
- RabidBiscuit: I agree with these two totally. Seymour would be wasted.
- Superaeon: I think Seymour is a great villian, but even his undeadness and psychotic calm cant save him from the beating sephiroth would deliever. Maybe omnis form.... Curious...
- Pablo618: Seymour is a great psycho-undead villain but with all the FFVII fanboys we have over here and FFX haters (well not haters but not a favorite game) it would be definitively a one-sided fight
- Alcaeus: Hahahahahaha!
- Kyoku Sefirosu: One-sided for all the right reasons. As many Sephiroth haters as there are, they know he has a well earned reputation for being better
- Crazyswordsman: Even I would vote for Sephiroth in this fight.
- Who'd vote for the blue-elf? --Airemir 17:21, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
Battle of The Thieves: Locke vs ZidaneEdit
a battle between 2 thieves, let's see who is the better pickpocket
- Only if it's Locke vs. Zidane. Alcaeus
- Etch: my moneys on locke
- Rabid Biscuit: This would be interesting.
- I dig this. Locke FTW
- Crazyswordsman: You have CSM's rubber stamp.
- User:Henryacores: One-sided
- Is it just me, or is that whole "Trance" and monkey tail crap a ripoff of Dragon Ball Z? Oath to Order 22:58, 5 March 2008 (UTC)
@OtO: 1st - Trance sucks in FF9. Worst Limit Break system ever. Hell, even FF6 is better than it and I saw a desesperation move twice in two playthroughs! Anyways, Trance is there when you least want it to, and is much more annoying than something that rarely shows up.2nd - Zidane rocks much more than any character from DBZ. He's the best main character after Onion Knight.
Final Fantasy IX: Creator vs Creation, Garland vs KujaEdit
I was recently playing Final Fantasy 9, and this idea came too me. I believe it has not been done before, and will prove to be very interesting, as both are very different types of characters and villians. Sometimes it comes up that FF9 seems to be over looked, but look FF9 character Vivi won the Magicite Madness. So let us see who of the two villians comes out on top. p.s. Personally I perfer Garland over Kuja. Plus Garland I do not think has been in a battle before.
- User:Henryacores: I actually like this idea! o.O
- ChiefKakashi: This would be fun.
- Alcaeus: Because I like Kuja. :)
- 00:49, 4 March 2008 (UTC): What kakashi said
- Rabid Biscuit: I think Kuja would win hands-down, but I still like this idea.
- 19:00, 13 March 2008 (UTC): I perfer Garland over Kuja, Kuja is too feminine, were as garland is a more unique villian. IMO.
- Kuja makes babies cry. And Garland isn't so much as a villain as he is a antihero. Oath
Weapon & Final Boss BattleEdit
How about Buster Sword vs Gunblade? The battle is not one sided, I think they are some people who like the gunblade better than the sword. Other Idea is the Emperor Palamecia vs the Cloud of Darkness. Y'see, they are the less remembered final bosses in the Final Fantasy history...
i like the gunblade vs buster sword idea.I know Seifer Gunblade would support this too...Moogle king 21:12, 12 March 2008 (UTC)
Cloud of darkness vs. kefka final form? both are pretty much dietys in their own respective FF universes.
How character weapons like Balthier's gun vs Vincents Cerberus
Tidus VS AuronEdit
Here's an idea; Tidus vs. Auron!!!Roxas5000 05:04, 24 February 2008 (UTC)
- TacticAngel: Of the very few characters that can beat Auron here at the FFWiki, Tidus is not one.
- TSD: Read. The. Older. Threads.
- User:Henryacores: What for?
- 00:51, 4 March 2008 (UTC):stupid idea
- Etch: way too one-sided
- Crazyswordsman: The only reason I could ever see this happening is as a joke fight.
- (*tries hard not to snort, and fails*) Tidus? Versus Auron? Now that is just foolish. Auron wins, hands down. --Airemir 17:26, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
@Roxas: Here's and idea! ONE SIDED VOTE EVEN MORE ONE SIDED THAN FFVII VS FFVIII WITH ONLY BH VOTING. You were kidding right? Right?!?!...Shoots Roxas.
Yeah, I don't think there would be anything left of Tidus after that unfair match.
You know, putting this in a new category won't change the fact. And now I see that you WEREN'T kidding...I think I'm supposed to feel something, something akin to pity.
Auron cant be beat by a wimp like tidus. like the other guy says, like only THREE people have the slightest chance of winning MAYBE if they go toe to toe with auron. MAYBE.
No effing way! Read the above.
Edge vs Shadow Edit
nu mou v.s seeq Edit
two lesser known species from ivalice
- ChiefKakashi: Because I can. O_o
- BlueHighwind - they both are nothing but filthy animals
- User:Henryacores: Seeq suck hard as hell. Not worthy for the mighty Nu Mou. Could be done if it were Nu Mou vs Bangaa
- Oto: Rats vs. pigs. hmmm...
- This is just stupid. Nu Mou will win, obviously. --Airemir 17:29, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
Viera v.s Baanga Edit
i know the other one was stupid but hey i was trying stuff out
- james.himbo: Wayyy too one-sided
- Why would you vote for a lizard anyway? --Airemir 16:57, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
Tifa vs. Rydia Edit
BATTLE OF THE AIRSHIPS!!! Edit
has anyone thought of having an airship fight? c'mon i mean, wars up above! anyone can suggest any airship from any final fantasy game...the sky's the limit!!!
- Pablo618:Only if the lunar whale is one of them ^^
- The highwind. With Barret on the Deck shooting Ingus on the Invincible!
- User:Henryacores: Which ones? Never mind, this would still be stupid as hell.
- Order: <sarcasm>Yeah. I'd really like to see identical flying boats fight each other.</sarcasm>
well if were talking airships it should be the invincible vs the lunar whale, the two omega ships
Balthier's gun vs Vincent's Cerberus
- User:Oath to Order: Guns fighting each other. How exiting.
- Oh sure, let's watch the two inanimate objects shoot at each other. Pass the popcorn, would you Oath? Criminy. Where do they get these ideas from? --Airemir 17:32, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
I believe that this is do-able, provided that the Death Penalty has more information and Fomalhaut gets a picture.
Nobuo Uematsu VS Takeharu Ishimoto Edit
Musician battle anyone? though I can predict this may be one sided, I want a surprise. Who is better, the great and epic composer Uematsu or this new and modernized beautiful sound of Ishimoto
- ChiefKakashi: I thought at first this would be a good battle, but then I realized how far one-sided this would be.
- TSD:One-sided again...
- User:Henryacores: What TSD said
- User:Oath to Order: heh
- User:AlcaeusTheWizard: Nobuo Uematsu versus who?
- Crazyswordsman: ONE SIDED.
I put George Gershwin (best known for "Rhapsody in Blue"), John Williams (best known for composing all the music for Star Wars), and Nobuo Uematsu all in the same category.
I love rhapsody in blue. is truly a masterpiece
Moogle vs ChocoboEdit
Why not the good old fashioned battle between these to loved creatures, this battle may have been done before, however peoples' opinions change, personally I believe that this is one of those battles which could be done and done agian.
N/A: Done before.
- ChiefKakashi: I wouldn't be able to vote...
- Yes yes, let's watch two adorable creatures go all out trying to kill each other. NOT. --Airemir 17:35, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
...I hate both equally. Okay, hate is a strong word, but I really, really, really don't like them. They're annoying.
Twin Battle Two Edit
How about another twin battle? This time it would be Basch and Gabranth vs Edgar and Sabin. I know we've already done a twin thing but I think this would be an interesting fight.
- MK: Damn that actually doesn't sound too one sided.
- 8bit_BlackMage: I like this idea.
- Pablo618: Great idea!
- Ctaylor503: Somebody could write a fanfic for this fight
- Crazyswordsman: Conditionally though. We'd have to do a four way including Palom and Porom and Zorn and Thorn.
- Hey wow, I'd actually like to vote on that one. I'm all for it!--Airemir 16:50, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
City fight Edit
It would be interesting, provided the cities have built in rocket launchers or something. I also have no idea what games those two cities are from, and thus have no idea what they look like.
How about a Freelancer fight, between Bartz and Luneth or Firion and Vaan (both Firion and Vaan got set jobs at a later game.)?
- User:Oath to Order: Firion's a Fighter, Vaan's a Thief and Bartz and Luneth rely on multiple jobs and abilities.
- 8bit_BlackMage: Not only that, but the characters themselves son muy aburridos.
Sky Pirate Battle!Edit
How about a fight between two swashbucklers of the skies that not only crosses the gender line, but the race line AND ultimately the friendship line? Balthier vs. Fran. This one might be a good one and I'm sure it'll be a close one. Any takers?
- I think Balthier vs. Fran has been done, but then we could make it a classic fight. Then again, Balthier's one of my favorites, and Fran's...I better stop there.--ChiefKakashi
- Hahaha... Balthier's an asshole. Oath to Order 03:24, 29 February 2008 (UTC)
- One sided, because everyone here worships the guy, and Fran has slightly less backstroy or development.--Otherarrow 11:12, 29 February 2008 (UTC)
- Pablo618: IS absolutely one-sided
- The only reason I like Fran is because she has rabbit ears and tail. And Baltheir is way too suave for his own good. Fran is creepy, Balthier's a total jerk and egotistical son of a demented scientist, so I'm going for a negatory on this one. --Airemir 17:43, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
Battle of the Disliked HeroinesEdit
How about a match up between two female characters people love to complain about? That's right, I'm talking about Selphie from Final Fantasy VII and Penelo from Final Fantasy XII. It would be a "lesser of two evils" type deal, and I think it would be interesting to see who takes the cake. -- Blykus
- JARIITIX:Don't think "lesser of two evils" is the way to put it. I don't think this one will pass.}}
- Why would we vote for people we don't like?--ChiefKakashi
- Pablo618: I like penelo xD but the fight is boring
- Crazyswordsman: Even THIS is one sided...
- I have no idea who Selphie is, but Penelo will definitely be the one to win. --Airemir 16:39, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
Zeromus vs JenovaEdit
A revist of an old favorite
MK: both were mindcontrolling bastards
Kuja vs KefkaEdit
As recommended by Alceus. The clown versus the cross-dresser.
and I must express my apologies for being an asshole in the archives, sorry.--N/A
Don't worry about it. I shouldn't have called you that. --Alcaeus
Battle of the PrincessesEdit
A battle of the strong-willed princesses, Garnet vs Ashe. These gals aren't like Peach, they can take care of themselves, though a meat-shield is always nice to have. And, no, this is not about who's sexier. -- Alcaeus
- For that Zelda comment, I'm rejecting it. Oath to Order 00:56, 4 March 2008 (UTC)
Zelda can take care of herself. In Ocarina of Time, she becomes Shiek, pretty much the only person who fights Ganondorf for the seven years that Link is trapped in limbo. And in Wind Waker she's the leader of a band of pirates. And she doesn't have to cross-dress to get her crew's respect, unlike some. Its her arrows that help kill Ganon in the end. Even in Twilight Princess she keeps on fighting.Peach, on the other hand, can't do anything.
Okay, okay. Sheesh. I'll change it to Peach.
If we're worried about the "fairer" gender's polls devolving into a hot body contest, then why not have an official Hottest FF (Fe)male contest? Do it once a year, like GameFAQs' character tournaments, maybe. Ctaylor503 05:38, 5 March 2008 (UTC)
Or I can cut off the balls of every straight guy on this wiki.
Why are you so hateful? :(
All I can say is that I now understand why feminists hate men.
Wait....Ctaylor suggested a tourney and Alcaeus suggested masssacreing genetalia? I'm confused. Who hurt whose feelings now? And I don't think a hottest character contest would look good draped across the front page of the wiki a la MM -_-"
And Lenna and Faris?
What about Lenna and Faris?
They're princesses, duh.
But combined they have the personality of a mere peanut. Don't get me wrong, I love FF5, it's just the characters are boring. And Faris hates being a princess.
Alcaeus, you are the reason us feminists get such bad publicity. Thanks.
Balthier vs. AuronEdit
How 'bout it? Both have fanboys (and girls), especially Balthier, but I think there are enough people who like Auron and/or hate Balthier to make it even. I didn't look, has this been done before?
- Chief: Because I want to see it.
- Roman King
- SCM: It'll be hell to decide, but why not?
- WHOO-HOO! Balthier vs. Auron! OH YEAH! Ahem. I mean, sure, go ahead.--Airemir 16:47, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
How much longer till this fight becomes a reality? It'll be hell for me to pick one or the other if this is to be a future fight. How 'bout it, guys and gals?
Auron vs. CloudEdit
Roxas5000 01:22, 5 March 2008 (UTC) I'd like to know who'd win this fight.
Cloud's popularity has actually declined quite a bit over time, which will make this fight one-sided. Auron will definitely kick Cloud's emo ass. --Airemir 16:35, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
Basch vs. AuronEdit
I just wanna know who will win...
- ChiefKakashi 20:43, 8 March 2008 (UTC)
- Gee, this'll be a tough one. I want to see this one too. Just to see who'll win.--Airemir 16:37, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
SOLDIER three-way Edit
Ive been thinking... how awesome would it be to see Genesis, Angeal and Sephiroth battle it out? oh... sorry- seifer sephiroth!
- twitches* That just sounds so wrong. --Airemir 17:48, 22 March 2008 (UTC)
No, because we don't yet gay porn slash-pics into the DNC.
a couple of matches that be awesome Edit
tidus vs. squall
you want a fairer fight, go with Tidus vs. Squall..-- ChiefKakashi 20:40, 5 March 2008 (UTC)
- Now...Someone tell me which fight I'm supporting. -- ChiefKakashi 23:43, 5 March 2008 (UTC)
- TSD: This has been in my head for a while. I'll go with it. It sounds much fairer. >=D 05:31, 11 March 2008 (UTC)
- Crazyswordsman: I get to decide the lesser of two evils. Fun!
- A fair match.Seifer Gunblade 02:04, 13 March 2008 (UTC)
- Oath to Order 14:39, 18 March 2008 (UTC)
welltidus vs squall.its better.
Is there suppose to be more than one battle here?
Vivi vs Cloud Edit
This is not a sissy popularity contest.this is acutally fight.fight club style.
- Not exactly sure how it would work, but okay. -- ChiefKakashi 00:56, 6 March 2008 (UTC)
Wow. People actually have to make a decision, cause both Vivi AND Cloud are totally awesome.
- It's too overated that it's not even funny anymore.--N/A
Its a real fight...Fight club style.Btw.i made this one too.
List of picks Edit
I put the battles and want to see which ones your favorite.i got so many,its popping out of my head.Just discover this dnc...Moogle king 02:50, 6 March 2008 (UTC)
- Shadow against Balithier
- Lulu against Terra
heres the two of them,chief. well this is all for now.tell me if you like or dislike any of them.
I like both.
Pick one or two, then set them up for nomination.
well lets go with cecil:dark knight ff4 vs auron ff10 and the one will be beatrix ff9 vs Celes
I like both.
Dark Knight Cecil vs. AuronEdit
Battle of the Badasses.
- I like this fight. -- ChiefKakashi 00:36, 7 March 2008 (UTC)
- i like this one alot too.Moogle king 14:35, 7 March 2008 (UTC)
- Pablo618: I prefer Paladin Cecil