Final Fantasy Type-0: Original Soundtrack is the soundtrack album for Final Fantasy Type-0. It was released on October 26, 2011.
For the game's HD release, the Final Fantasy Type-0 HD Original Soundtrack was released on March 25, 2015. The HD version soundtrack is on blu-ray format.
The official English names come from the Japanese iTunes.
Disc one (56:54)
- Tempus Bellum — 1:52
(開闢の刻, Kaibyaku no Koku?, lit. The Time of Creation)
- We Have Arrived — 4:31
(我ら来たれり, Warera Kitareri?)
- Guided Conclusion — 1:06
(導かれる結論, Michibikareru Ketsuron?)
- Three Hours That Changed the World — 4:04
(運命の三時間, Unmei no Sanjikan?, lit. Three Hours of Fate)
- Wings of Fire — 3:17
(炎の翼, Honō no Tsubasa?)
- Horror of the Abyss — 2:55
(深淵の恐怖, Shin'en no Kyōfu?)
- Plays as the Overworld theme for Lorican territory and during encounters with grotesque creatures like Freaks and Dracobaltians.
- Divine Fire — 2:08
- Arrangement of "We Have Arrived". Plays during the sequence in The Battle of Judecca mission where the party encounters Sanzashi and his Flyvern.
- Arms of Steel — 3:57
(鋼の腕, Hagane no Kaina?)
- Plays as the Overworld theme for Militesi territory.
- War: Warrior Worth a Thousand — 2:39
(戦－一騎当千, Ikusa - Ikkitōsen?)
- Battle theme for standard random encounters.
- Servant of the Crystal — 2:31
(クリスタルの使徒, Kurisutaru no Shito?)
- Choosing How to Die — 3:39
(死に方の選び方, Shinikata no Erabikata?)
- An arrangement of "The Quiet Bloodbath". Plays after defeating Qun'mi in The Akademeia Liberation and a slower version with vocals is the background theme for Akademeia in Chapter 8.
- Arecia Al-Rashia — 3:27
(アレシア・アルラシア, Areshia Arurashia?)
- Crystal Guide Us — 3:04
(クリスタルの加護, Kurisutaru no Kago?, lit. Divine Protection of the Crystal)
- Time of Tranquility — 3:06
(静謐な時間, Seihitsu na Jikan?, lit. Peaceful Times)
- The background theme for towns and Akademeia midway through the game. Also plays during Kurasame's introductory cutscene. Only the first half of the theme is heard in-game.
- Moglin — 2:04
- Erased Memories — 2:41
(消えた記憶, Kieta Kioku?, lit. Vanishing Memories)
- A Day Like Any Other — 2:48
(とある日の日常, Toaru Hi no Nichijō?, lit. That Day's Everyday)
- Plays during scenes of day-to-day nature: class lectures, encounters with Kazusa, and encounters with various characters from Akademeia.
- Machina Kunagiri — 2:48
(マキナ・クナギリ, Makina Kunagiri?)
- War: Unseen Peace — 4:17
(戦－目に見えぬ平和, Ikusa - Me ni Mienu Heiwa?)
- Battle theme for an invasive nature: plays during mission battles and random encounters with imperial troopers.
Disc two (1:04:21)
- Show of Power — 3:11
(示される力, Shimesareru Chikara?)
- Untainted Eyes — 3:35
(穢れなき瞳, Kegarenaki Hitomi?)
- Rem Tokimiya — 3:26
(レム・トキミヤ, Remu Tokimiya?)
- Rem Tokimiya's leitmotif and an arrangement of "Kind Tears".
- The Forlorn Heart — 2:31
(寂しき心, Sabishiki Kokoro?)
- Plays during scenes of a sorrowful nature: scenes in the cemetery or narration of the aftermath of a major battle.
- That Which Quivers — 3:30
(蠢くもの, Ugomeku Mono?, lit. Things that Squirm)
- Battle theme for encounters in dungeons.
- Raise the Vermilion Banner — 4:10
(朱雀の旗が立つとき, Suzaku no Hata ga Tatsu Toki?)
- Theme associated with missions. Plays during the preparations menu for missions and the Missions menu from the title screen.
- The Heart Boils — 2:46
(滾る心, Tagiru Kokoro?, lit. Seething Heart)
- Plays in Akademeia during Mission Day and as a possible battle theme for ambushed encounters.
- The Earth Under Our Feet — 2:00
(踏みしめる大地, Fumishimeru Daichi?, lit. Stepping Firmly on the Ground)
- The Overworld theme for Rubrum's territory and an arrangement of the Chocobo Theme.
- Chocobo! — 1:22
- Plays when riding a chocobo on the Overworld.
- War: Recapture — 3:57
(戦－奪還作戦, Ikusa - Dakkan Sakusen?, lit. War - Recapture Strategy)
- War: That Which Stands in the Way — 2:49
(戦－立ち塞がるもの, Ikusa - Tachifusagaru Mono?)
- White Thunder — 4:34
(白き雷, Shiroki Kaminari?)
- An arrangement of "Show of Power". Plays prior to the battle with Gabriel in Chapter 2.
- War: The White Weapon — 3:16
(戦－白の兵器, Ikusa - Shiro no Heiki?)
- Kind Tears — 3:43
(優しき涙, Yasashiki Namida?)
- War: Life of Darkness — 3:58
(戦－暗き生, Ikusa - Kuraki Sei?)
- War: That Which Lurks — 4:08
(戦－潜むもの, Ikusa - Hisomu Mono?)
- Battle theme of a stealthy nature: plays during random encounters and notably during Operation MA Demolition.
- War: Breaking Through — 4:36
(戦－突破, Ikusa - Toppa?)
- Battle theme for random encounters and missions against common enemy forces.
- War: Howl of the Dreadnought — 2:55
(戦－弩級の響き, Ikusa - Dokyū no Hibiki?, lit. War - Echo of the Dreadnoughts)
- The Vanishing Soul — 3:54
(消えゆく心, Kieyuku Kokoro?, lit. Fading Heart)
Disc three (1:07:49)
- The Azure Spirit — 3:11
(蒼き魂, Aoki Tamashī?, lit. Blue Soul)
- Theme associated with the Kingdom of Concordia. Plays as the Overworld theme for Concordian territory and during scenes that focus on its characters.
- Swaying Thoughts — 4:09
(揺蕩う想い, Tayutau Omoi?)
- Plays during scenes of a tense nature: Class Zero's detainment in Ingram, Machina's discussion with the Commandant about Izana's death, and Class Zero discussing the assassination of Queen Andoria.
- War: Pursuit — 3:54
(戦－追撃, Ikusa - Tsuigeki?)
- Human Strengths and Weaknesses — 3:38
(人の弱さと強さ, Hito no Yowasa to Tsuyosa?)
- Plays during the sequences at the Deserted House in Chapter 4 and the cinematic introduction of the mysterious White Tiger l'Cie in Chapter 6.
- Your History and Fate — 2:44
(自らの歴史と運命, Mizukara no Rekishi to Unmei?, lit. One's Own History and Fate)
- Plays during the cinematic introduction to The Battle of Judecca.
- Soar — 2:48
(空翔る, Sora Kakeru?, lit. To Fly in the Sky)
- War: The Quiet Bloodbath — 2:17
(戦－静かな激闘, Ikusa - Shizuka na Gekitō?)
- War: Depths of Naraku — 3:16
(戦－ナラクの底, Ikusa - Naraku no Soko?)
- Battle theme for combat simulations in the Arena and invasions of Concordian towns.
- Machina Kunagiri (Arrangement) — 2:32
(マキナ・クナギリ／Arrange Version, Makina Kunagiri/Arrange Version?)
- A piano and violin arrangement of "Machina Kunagiri". Plays during the flashback scene between Gilgamesh and Enkidu.
- Rem Tokimiya (Arrangement) — 2:44
(レム・トキミヤ／Arrange Version, Remu Tokimiya/Arrange Version?)
- A piano and violin arrangement of "Rem Tokimiya". Plays during the scene where Rem and Machina reminisce about their childhood.
- War: The Quiet Bloodbath (Long) — 3:56
(戦－静かな激闘／Long Version, Ikusa - Shizuka na Gekitō/Long Version?)
- A longer version of "War: The Quiet Bloodbath".
- Tempus Finis — 2:53
(フィニスの刻, Finisu no Koku?, lit. The Time of Finis)
- Machina and Rem — 5:08
(マキナとレム, Makina to Remu?)
- A medley of Machina and Rem's leitmotifs. Plays during the cutscene titled "Rem and Machina..."
- Tempus Ratio — 4:22
(裁きの刻, Sabaki no Koku?, lit. The Time of Judgement)
- Plays during the first half of the battle against the Rursan Arbiter.
- Vermilion Fire — 3:05
(朱雀の炎, Suzaku no Honō?, lit. Vermilion Bird's Fire)
- Type Zero — 7:55
(零式, Rei Shiki?)
- The ending theme. Plays during the ending credits.
- Silence — 0:15
(未定, [missing rōmaji]?)
- Empty track used to make the next two a surprise.
- Colorful - Falling in Love — 4:30
(カラフルフォーリンラブ, Karafuru Fōrin Rabu?)
- Plays during the cinematic of the alternate scenario, "In Another Spiral".
- Colorful - Falling in Love (Karaoke) — 4:30
(カラフルフォーリンラブ/カラオケ, Karafuru Fōrin Rabu/Karaoke?)
- Instrumental version of "Colorful - Falling in Love".
Disc four: Limited edition's DVD
- FINAL FANTASY Type-0 [Teaser Movie]
- FINAL FANTASY Type-0 [Trailer -Summer-]
- FINAL FANTASY Type-0 [Prologue]
- FINAL FANTASY Type-0 [Opening]
Music Composed, Arranged & Produced by Takeharu Ishimoto
Original Composition by Nobuo Uematsu (Disc 1 13, 15 / Disc 2 9)
Arranger: Rieko Mikoshiba (Disc 1 10, 18 / Disc 2 3, 4, 13, 18 / Disc 3 7, 9~11)
Arranger: Kentaro Sato (Ken-P) (Disc 1 1~3, 7 / Disc 3 12, 15, 16)
Lyrics: Team Zero
Latin Translation: Dr. Robert Zaslavsky
The limited edition version of the soundtrack comes with a DVD featuring a teaser movie, a game trailer, two cinematics from the game, and a booklet.
- FINAL FANTASY 零式 オリジナル・サウンドトラック (dead) (Accessed: March 13, 2016) at Square Enix
- VGMdb - Final Fantasy Type-0 Original Soundtrack
- VGMdb - Final Fantasy Type-0 Original Soundtrack (Limited Edition)