Final Fantasy Tribute ~ Thanks ~ is a tribute album released as part of the Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary campaign. Square Enix brought a group of artists to create an album with 25 songs, some of which are new, spanning of 2 discs. The album was released in December 5, 2012.
For the album cover, Square Enix asked pixel artist Kasuko Shibuya, who worked on the Famicom Final Fantasy games as a character and monster artist, to make sprites for notable characters from the series. Square Enix asked fans in Japan whom they would want to see as sprites, and the cover is based on these results. The sprite style seems to be based on the style of Final Fantasy IV: The After Years and Final Fantasy Dimensions.
The following characters are included on the album's cover:
- Warrior from Final Fantasy
- White Mage from Final Fantasy
- Black Mage from Final Fantasy
- Maria from Final Fantasy II
- Onion Knight from Final Fantasy III
- Kain Highwind from Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
- Cecil Harvey from Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
- Cid Pollendina from Final Fantasy IV: The After Years
- Gilgamesh from Final Fantasy V
- Bartz Klauser from Final Fantasy V
- Kefka Palazzo from Final Fantasy VI
- Terra Branford from Final Fantasy VI
- Cloud Strife from Final Fantasy VII
- Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VII
- Aerith Gainsborough from Final Fantasy VII
- Squall Leonhart from Final Fantasy VIII
- Laguna Loire from Final Fantasy VIII
- Zidane Tribal from Final Fantasy IX
- Eiko Carol from Final Fantasy IX
- Tidus from Final Fantasy X
- Seymour Guado from Final Fantasy X
- Shantotto from Final Fantasy XI
- Penelo from Final Fantasy XII
- Lightning from Final Fantasy XIII
Disc 1 (1:09:18)
- Opening Theme — 4:20
(オープニング・テーマ, Ōpuningu Tēma?)
- The opening theme, also known as "Prologue", a recurring musical piece from the series. It also includes snippets of the "Prelude", "Chocobo Theme" and the series "Victory Fanfare". It plays during the Staff Credits of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy Curtain Call.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra
- Battle Medley 2 (Fight On! ～ Blinded by Light ～ Assault) — 5:51
(バトルメドレー2（更に闘う者達～閃光～襲撃）, Batoru Medorē 2 (Sarani Tatakau Monotachi ～ Senkō ～ Shūgeki)?)
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu, Masashi Hamauzu (XIII) / Arranged by →Pia-no-jaC← and Nobuhiko Kashiwara
- Chocobo Theme — 3:58
(チョコボのテーマ, Chokobo no Tēma?)
- The recurring theme from the series.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by Takuji Namura
- Harvest ～ The Ancient Library ～ Town Theme — 7:11
(ハーヴェスト～古代図書館～街のテーマ, Hāvesuto ～ Kodai Toshokan ～ Machi no Tēma?)
- A medley of tracks from V.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by Yuki Noma and Drakship
- Mhaura ～ Selbina ～ Voyager — 5:46
- A medley of themes from several towns in XI.
- Composed by Naoshi Mizuta / Arranged by jizue
- A Fleeting Dream — 6:25
(いつか終わる夢, Itsuka Owaru Yume?)
- A track from Final Fantasy X
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by DAISHI DANCE
- Cornelia Castle ～ Something to Protect — 4:06
(コーネリア城～守るべきもの, Kōneria-Jō ～ Mamorubeki mono?)
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by ALLY BAND.
- The Crystal Tower ～ Forbidden Land — 5:09
(クリスタルタワー～禁断の地 エウレカ, Kurisutaru Tawā ～ Kindan no Ji Eureka?)
- A medley of tracks from Final Fantasy III.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by NOISIAVISION featuring REXER.
- FINAL FANTASY I～III Town Medley — 6:08
(FINAL FANTASY I～III 街メドレー, FINAL FANTASY I～III Machi Medorē?)
- A medley of town themes from the first three entries in the main series.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by Nabowa
- Nalbina Dungeons ～ Sorrow (Resistance Version) ～ Try to Grow Up... ～ On the Riverbank}} — 5:35
(ナルビナ城塞地下雑居坊～悲哀（解放軍バージョン）～本当に子どもなんだから．．．。～水のほとり, Narubina Jōsai Chika Zakkyo Bō ～ Hiai (Kaihō-gun Bājon) ～ Hontōni Kodomona Ndakara. . . . ～ Mizu no Hotori?)
- A medley of tracks from XII.
- Composed by Hitoshi Sakimoto / Arranged by SPANOVA
- Searching Friends — 5:32
(仲間を求めて, Nakama o Motomete?)
- A world map track from VI.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by So many tears
- Julia — 3:57
- The eponymous theme from VIII.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by Seraph
- Troian Beauty — 5:20
(トロイア国, Toroia Kuni?)
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by Schroeder-Headz
Disc 2 (1:08:32)
- Final Fantasy V Main Theme — 4:15
(ファイナルファンタジーV メインテーマ, Fainaru Fantajī V Mein Tēma?)
- The main theme from V.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by JABBERLOOP
- Clash on the Big Bridge — 3:44
(ビッグブリッヂの死闘, Biggu Buriddji no Shitō?)
- The theme for the battle with Gilgamesh which was introduced in V.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by Sekizima Takeo
- Battle Medley (Fight 2 ～ The Final Battle ～ Battle 1 ～ This is the Last Battle ～ The Decisive Battle) — 7:00
(バトルメドレー（バトル2～最後の闘い～バトル1～最後の死闘～決戦）, Batoru Medorē (Batoru 2 ～ Saigo no Tatakai ～ Batoru 1 ～ Saigo no Shitō ～ Kessen)?)
- A Medley of battle of final boss tracks from several entries of the series.
- Arranged by mudy on the Sakuban
- To Zanarkand — 4:39
(ザナルカンドにて, Zanarukando Nite?)
- The track for Zanarkand from X.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by AVTechNO!
- The Man with the Machine Gun ～ Let the Battles Begin! ～ Battle Theme — 6:08
(The Man with the Machine Gun～闘う者達～戦闘, The Man with the Machine Gun ～ Tatakau Monotachi ～ Sentō?)
- A medley of battle tracks from VIII and VII.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by Calla Soiled
- Opening Theme ～ Prelude ～ Main Theme ～ Town ～ Chaos' Temple ～ Matoya's Cave ～ Battle Scene ～ Victory ～ Ending Theme — 5:05
(オープニング・テーマ～プレリュード～メイン・テーマ～街～カオスの神殿～マトーヤの洞窟～戦闘シーン～勝利～エンディングテーマ, Ōpuningu Tēma ～ Pureryūdo ～ Mein Tēma ～ Machi ～ Kaosu no Shinden ～ Matōya no Dōkutsu ～ Sentō Shīn ～ Shōri ～ Endingu Tēma?)
- A medley of tracks from Final Fantasy, some of which has become recurring to the series.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by pesama
- Lifestream -Open Reel Ensemble Remix- — 5:32
(生命の流れ ‐Open Reel Ensemble Remix‐, Seimei no Nagare -Open Reel Ensemble Remix-?)
- A remix of the track from VII.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by Open Reel Ensemble
- Zidane's Theme ～ Garnet's Theme ～ Vivi's Theme ～ Eiko's Theme ～ Quina's Theme ～ Freya's Theme ～ Amarant's Theme ～ Steiner's Theme ～ Rose of May — 6:33
(ジタンのテーマ～ガーネットのテーマ～ビビのテーマ～エーコのテーマ～クイナのテーマ～フライヤのテーマ～サラマンダーのテーマ～スタイナーのテーマ～ローズ・オブ・メイ, Jitan no Tēma ～ Gānetto no Tēma ～ Bibi no Tēma ～ Ēko no Tēma ～ Kuina no Tēma ～ Furaiya no Tēma ～ Saramandā no Tēma ～ Sutainā no Tēma ～ Rōzu Obu Mei?)
- A medley of the themes from all playable characters and one guest character from IX.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by millstones
- Coin Song — 4:41
(運命のコイン, Unmei no Koin?)
- The track from VI.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by Kenmochi Hidefumi
- Rebel Army Theme ～ Red Wings ～ Chaos' Temple ～ Warriors of Dawn ～ Celes ～ Opening Theme — 9:40
(反乱軍のテーマ～赤い翼～カオスの神殿～暁の戦士～セリスのテーマ～オープニング・テーマ, Hanran-gun no Tēma ～ Akai Tsubasa ～ Kaosu no Shinden ～ Akatsuki no Senshi ～ Serisu no Tēma ～ ōpuningu Tēma?)
- A medley of military themed tracks from the series.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by YUKIYOSHI
- Melodies of Life — 5:58
- The vocal theme song from IX.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Lyrics by Ciomi / Arranged by DAISUKE ENDO.
- Performed by Aoi Teshima
- Prelude — 5:17
- The recurring theme from the series.
- Composed by Nobuo Uematsu / Arranged by Nobuhiko Kashiwara
A special bonus CD called "RARE SQ" was included with purchases of the album from Tower Records or Village Vanguard stores. It contains various arrangements from other SQ-related albums, as well as several new remixes of music from the Final Fantasy series, Brave Fencer Musashi, Einhänder, Live A Live, Secret of Mana, Soukaigi, and The World Ends with You.