Final Fantasy Awakening (Chinese: 最终幻想 觉醒, Zuì Zhōng Huànxiǎng Juéxǐng) is a free-to-play online multi-player video game based on Final Fantasy Type-0, developed in place of the discontinued Final Fantasy Agito.
The game was originally titled Final Fantasy Type-0 Online (ファイナルファンタジー零式 ONLINE, Fainaru Fantajī Reishiki Onrain?), said to launch in spring 2016 in Japan for iOS and Android. It was considered for North America and Europe in 2015, but nothing has been announced.
The beta testing session was available for Chinese players in June 2016.
On October 21, 2016, the game was renamed Final Fantasy Awakening in China, where it was released. The game also shares the same name in Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau, albeit with a different logo. The same title remains in Indonesia, where the game was released in English & Indonesian, and Singapore/Malaysia regions, which have English & Chinese language options, with the same logo as Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau. The game was shut down on October 31, 2019; while the original version was closed on May 18, 2020, four years after its original launch. According to a statement from Effun Games, one of the overseas licensees, this is due to Square Enix withdrawing the licensing agreement.
From the start, the game has been developed to be a three party hack-and-slash MMO. Characters are acquired throughout the game. In later updates, the players are now acquire to use runes known as Destiny Rune to gain more combat power as runes will be gained at the Demon Crusade. Therefore, Players also gains small pets by acquiring pet shards via pet summon in order to obtained it. Both Moogle and Tonberry are the hardest to obtained due to their Mythic status.
Another new system is called the Vow System where players are required in below lvl 40, 999 intimacy points and players without a vow or reserve vow from others. Once both players' enter in the reserved vow status, this also requires their ceremony to complete their vows. Both players are also able to invite their friends or guildmates as well as asking the Moogle NPC to hold their ceremony. Moogle NPC also serves the player to do the Vow System.
In the next update, it now gains the Augite system where both Zhuyu and Caetuna are acquired their other forms of both Hercules and Ventuses respectively by gaining 30 Augite shards to unlock it. In order to gain the Augite shards they must participate at the Augite trial to gain one shard each or winning at Thrones of Paragon once.
Their last update is the Warlord System, where players are gonna participate this system depending on the player used the three characters in order to finish the entire difficulty. To finish this, they will acquire powerful Warlord items which was used to create powerful Warlord weapons. This system will be played only once and it takes time for the player to wait for weeks to be restored. If they used the Warlord weapons during the gameplay it is similar to the EX Assist in Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy but the weapon was used once. The Warlord weapon will be restored in the next stage.
Both male or female main characters can be selected as a dual swordsman, gunner, or mage. These characters can be upgraded by collecting astral stones after defeating bosses in each chapter including both elite and nightmare dungeons. The characters from Final Fantasy Type-0 can also be recruited. New characters, Ruka, Hayne and Captain Tenochi appear. Hero shards must be obtained in order to recruit or upgrade them. In the next update, Hercules, Brom, Kaya, Ventuses and both Yin and Yan appear as new characters by upgrading both Zhuyu, Nimbus, Qun'mi, Caetuna and Kazusa via 30 Augite shards in the Augite System.
- Eight (Indominable Gladiator)
- Cater (Brave Heart)
- Nine (Flame Rifle)
- Trey (Truth Hunter)
- Ruka (Shining Meteor)
- Ryid Uruk (Lorican Descendant)
- Mutsuki Chiharano (Boomer Baby)
- Hayne (Dawn Shield)
- Machina Kunagiri (Spiral Swords)
- Rem Tokimiya (Blades of Shadow)
- Kurasame Susaya (Reaper of the Boreal Blade)
- Ace (Zero Trump Card)
- Deuce (Voice of Healing)
- Cinque (Ice Guardian)
- Sice (Apostle of the Sickle)
- Seven (Thunder Chain)
- Jack (Fearless Mind)
- Queen (Light of Wisdom)
- King (Firebursts Two Guns)
- Qator Bashtar (Emperor-General)
- Claes Celestia Misca Sancest (Claes of Dawn)
- Captain Tenochi (Concordia General)
- Caetuna (Rubrum l'Cie)
- Zhuyu Voghfau Byot (Flames Envoy)
- Kazusa Futahito (Doctor Strange)
- Enkidu (Earth Guardian)
- Gilgamesh Ashur (King of Lorican) (His upgraded Ice Augite form requires in his 2-Star Mythic and 18 Powered Lorican shards in order to be obtained)
- Qun'mi Tru'e (Magitek Commander)
- Nimbus (Milites l'Cie)
- Andoria Kaya Tranka Fam Forturio (Queen Andoria) (Her upgraded Holy Augite form requires in her 2-Star Mythic and 18 Prophesied Power shards to be obtained)
- Hercules (Blade l'Cie) (requires Zhuyu in 3-Star Mythic and 30 Blade Augite shards to be obtained)
- Ventuses (Flames of Betrayal) (requires Caetuna in 3-Star Mythic and 30 Betrayal Augite shards to be obtained)
- Brom (Mecha l'Cie) (requires Nimbus in 3-Star Mythic and 30 Mecha Augite shards to be obtained)
- Kaya (Revenge Blade) (requires Qun'mi in 3-Star Mythic and 30 Revenge Augite shards to be obtained)
- Yin and Yan (Linked Puppet) (as Yin it requires Kazusa in 3-Star Mythic and 30 Puppet Augite shards to be obtained)
- Stars (End of Concordia) (requires Enkidu in 3-Star Mythic and 30 Stars Augite shards to be obtained)
Development preparations for Final Fantasy Type-0 Online began in November 2014.
The main characters are voiced in Japanese so they will be chosen in three different kinds of voices. The Japanese voice cast from Final Fantasy Type-0 is maintained.
- In the Philippines, both Android and iOS are strictly removed from both Google Play Store and the iTunes App Store due to unofficial recharge and refunds bought illegally by various players.
- The Pet System during its update is somewhat similar to the online game, Ragnarok Online.
- The Vow System during its update is the similar to both online games, Ragnarok Online and RAN Online unlike both online games, both male and females are acquired to wear a wedding attire during the wedding events.
- Their reasons of shutting down officially on October 31st is due to changes and adjustments and they were no longer continue to provide the game updates and maintenance service to the players.
- Official announcement trailer
- Official site for China version
- Official site for Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau version
- Official site for Indonesia version
- Official site for Singapore/Malaysia version
- iTunes App Store (China)
- iTunes App Store (Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau)
- Google Play (Taiwan/Hong Kong/Macau)
- iTunes App Store (Indonesia)
- Google Play (Indonesia)
- iTunes App Store (Singapore/Malaysia)
- Google Play (Singapore/Malaysia)
- Google Play (India/Australia/New Zealand)
- Hajime Tabata on Final Fantasy XV’s story, collaborations, and characters (Accessed: UnknownError: See this for how to archive.) at FinalFantasy.net