Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary Composers' Selection was a promotional compilation album of tracks from the Final Fantasy series, selected by composers who were in charge of the music. It was released only at a special event in Tokyo celebrating Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary.
- Nobuo Uematsu Selection "Zanarkand" (FINAL FANTASY X Original Soundtrack) — 3:06
(植松伸夫SELECTION「ザナルカンドにて」（FINAL FANTASY X Original Soundtrack）, [missing rōmaji]?)
- Junya Nakano Selection "Yuna's Decision" (FINAL FANTASY X HD Remaster Original Soundtrack) — 5:02
(仲野順也SELECTION「ユウナの決意」（FINAL FANTASY X HD Remaster Original Soundtrack）, [missing rōmaji]?)
- Naoshi Mizuta Selection "Troian Beauty" (FINAL FANTASY IV ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK REMASTER VERSION) — 1:56
(水田直志SELECTION「トロイア国」（FINAL FANTASY IV ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK REMASTER VERSION）, [missing rōmaji]?)
- Kumi Tanioka Selection "Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY IV" (FINAL FANTASY IV ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK REMASTER VERSION) — 2:57
(谷岡久美SELECTION「ファイナルファンタジーIVメインテーマ」（FINAL FANTASY IV ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK REMASTER VERSION）, [missing rōmaji]?)
- Hitoshi Sakimoto Selection "Opening Theme" (FINAL FANTASY Original Soundtrack) — 1:26
(崎元仁SELECTION「オープニング・テーマ」（FINAL FANTASY Original Soundtrack）, [missing rōmaji]?)
- Masashi Hamauzu Selection "Sulyya Springs" (FINAL FANTASY XIII Original Soundtrack) — 3:24
(浜渦正志SELECTION「スーリヤ湖」（FINAL FANTASY XIII Original Soundtrack）, [missing rōmaji]?)
- Masayoshi Soken Selection "Torn from the Heavens" (A REALM REBORN: FINAL FANTASY XIV Original Soundtrack) — 5:13
(祖堅正慶SELECTION「天より降りし力」（A REALM REBORN : FINAL FANTASY XIV Original Soundtrack）, [missing rōmaji]?)
- Yoko Shimomura Selection "APOCALYPSIS NOCTIS" (FINAL FANTASY XV Original Soundtrack) — 4:12
(下村陽子SELECTION「APOCALYPSIS NOCTIS」（FINAL FANTASY XV Original Soundtrack）, [missing rōmaji]?)
The booklet contained notes from the composers about their selections.
- 1. Nobuo Uematsu Selection
- Zanarkand (FINAL FANTASY X Original Soundtrack)
"It's been about 32 or 33 years since the first time I stopped by the Square Enix (formerly "Square") office in Hiyoshi, Yokoyama.
I started with only a little bit of training and hardly any knowledge, unsure if I'd be able to make it or not. Now I can say that the biggest contributor to my determination through those twenty-plus years of hands-on experience was the FINAL FANTASY series.
FINAL FANTASY has been like a personal mentor through my musical education."
- 2. Junya Nakano Selection
- Yuna's Decision (FINAL FANTASY X HD Remaster Original Soundtrack)
"I was involved in FINAL FANTASY titles like FFX and FFX HD. I experienced firsthand how this series managed to work miracles. That which should have been impossible given the time and technology constraints was realized far and beyond our highest hopes. Game developers use every bit of knowledge at their disposal to puzzle through just what it means to create, no matter how high the hurdle. FINAL FANTASY is what happens once they stretch beyond their perceived limitations.
I imagine that the series will continue to be loved with each new development.
Congratulations on your 30th anniversary, FINAL FANTASY.
- 3. Naoshi Mizuta Selection
- Troian Beauty (FINAL FANTASY IV ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK REMASTER VERSION)
"In terms of musicality, FINAL FANTASY titles are engrossing in every genre and style of song.
As an FF composer, you can push yourself to try new things; creating an original experience for both you and the player.
I hope that the series will continue to live up to its "fantastic" name in the future, as well."
- 4. Kumi Tanioka Selection
- Main Theme of FINAL FANTASY IV (FINAL FANTASY IV ORIGINAL SOUNDTRACK REMASTER VERSION)
"Congratulations to the FINAL FANTASY series for these last 30 years. I didn't play these games firsthand; instead I watched my younger brother play them. Now, however, I can listen to a tune on TV or at an event and immediately recognize it as an FF song. Since I didn't play the games myself, I only have a rough knowledge of the titles and storylines (sorry!). Nevertheless, songs from all the past games are always stuck in my head. They're amazing. Every time I remember what a wonderful opportunity I have been given, I get a jolt down my spine. For this release, I present you with the main theme from FFIV.
I managed to complete this game on my own and whenever I hear this song, I still feel tears well up in my eyes."
- 5. Hitoshi Sakimoto Selection
- Opening Theme (FINAL FANTASY Original Soundtrack)
"I've been playing FINAL FANTASY games since FFI, but to me, the series has always been about bringing new things to the table and surprising fans. Its spirit prioritizes the innovative and enjoyable aspects of gaming even more than its already exquisite attention to detail. None of the games have shaken the players' faith in the series. The face that the company can continue to produce hugely popular titles while maintaining its integrity is impressive.
The shared spirit among the creators continues to be passed on to each new game incarnation.
- 6. Masashi Hamauzu Selection
- Sulyya Springs (FINAL FANTASY XIII Original Soundtrack)
"Congratulations on the 30th anniversary of FINAL FANTASY. Looking back, I was involved in the series for about 2/3 of that time. From the choral arrangements in FFVII in 1997 to the musical composition of World of Final Fantasy last year, I've produced piano and orchestral arrangements for the series in one way or another. I know that it has played an important role in my development as a composer.
I look forward to seeing what will happen in the next 30 years.
Hopefully I will be involved with both fans and developers in the next generation, as well."
- 7. Masayoshi Soken Selection
- Torn from the Heavens (A REALM REBORN : FINAL FANTASY XIV Original Soundtrack)
"FINAL FANTASY XIV is a particularly unique game: even though it suffered a rocky launch, the creators picked themselves up and put everything they had into making a comeback. The resulting game is now loved by fans all across the globe. My unpolished music was created in part to to motivate the FFXIV team (myself included) and jump-start our engines to blast us out of our slump. It holds a lot of memories for me.
The FINAL FANTASY series brings together the best artistic talents and cutting-edge technology to entertain the masses. As a creator, you're always aware that what you're doing is pushing the envelope, be it artistic or technological. Musically, the soundtrack and orchestration often get an unfair share of the limelight regarding the sound aspects of games. However, there are many important parts to sound production, such as the physical sound engine and innumerable sound effects within it. Though it's hard to notice these small details, every single FINAL FANTASY team takes it upon themselves to provide their best work for the sake of the players. What comes of it is the simple pleasure of an individual fan's enjoyment. That's what has continued to power the series through the years."
- 8. Yoko Shimomura Selection
- APOCALYPSIS NOCTIS (FINAL FANTASY XV Original Soundtrack)
"In my opinion, FINAL FANTASY and DRAGON QUEST have always held the top spots for RPGs.
I cam to know the early FF games as a player, cursing my fate as I failed spectacularly against a Coeurl's "Blaster" attack and had to start over from the title screen. It riled me up and sucked me into the whole series.
Never in my wildest dreams did I think I'd find myself in charge of the music for that very same franchise. I couldn't be happier continuing to work on the titles I love."