When the official Japanese website was launched, it featured the logos of the fourteen main titles as well as logos of Theatrhythm Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade, including some details about each game. Later, the website evolved into a blog which included messages from key members of Square Enix.
The North American website was also launched on 2012. It had a "Collection" section which included information and screenshots of the fourteen main titles as well as Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. It also had Twitter and Facebook feeds about news from several titles of the series.
- Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary: The Experience, an event that took place during the Penny Arcade Expo in Seattle on August 31st, 2012.
- Square Enix hosted an art gallery for Final Fantasy artwork in Shibuya to commemorate the series' 25th anniversary. The exhibit had development materials, artwork by Yoshitaka Amano, various objects on display and stage events. Some items were exclusive and had never been seen elsewhere. The exhibit was held on August 31, September 1, and September 2 of 2012. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII was announced during this event.
- Special Distant Worlds concerts commemorating the anniversary took place on November 2nd, 2012 at London, and on December 7th, 2012, at Chicago, featuring mainstream J-pop recording artist, Crystal Kay.
- Final Fantasy Superfan Contest
- The 25th Anniversary logo has been added to the Final Fantasy XI title screen, along with the Final Fantasy XI 10th Anniversary logo. 
- Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children aired on Japanese TV.
- Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Ultimate Box, a special ultimate box set collection containing every numbered main series Final Fantasy title, from the original Final Fantasy up to Final Fantasy XIII and a soundtrack spanning two discs or more. The collection includes 21 discs and a single UMD.
- Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy Dimensions
- Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade
- Final Fantasy VII PC re-release (according to Square Enix's press release).
- The PlayStation Portable port of the Nintendo DS version of Final Fantasy III.
- Original Final Fantasy was official localized to Thai by Atlus.
- Piano Opera Final Fantasy I/II/III
- Piano Opera Final Fantasy IV/V/VI
- Final Fantasy VII Chips, Final Fantasy VIII Chips, Final Fantasy IX Chips, Final Fantasy X Chips and Final Fantasy XI Chips
- Final Fantasy Tribute ~Thanks~
- Final Fantasy Orchestral Album
- Final Fantasy Vinyls
- Final Fantasy 25th Anniversary Square Enix Music Composers' Selection CD
- Final Fantasy XI Vana♪Con Anniversary 11.11.11 / Orchestra Concert DVD
- Diverse coffee tumblers, including one of the anniversary logo, and others from Theatrhythm Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy XIII-2.
- A set of Final Fantasy themed playing cards featuring 54 pieces of art from the Final Fantasy series. These are conventional playing cards, and are not related to the Final Fantasy Trading Card Game.
- Novels of the original Final Fantasy, Final Fantasy II and Final Fantasy III known as Final Fantasy: Memory of Heroes.
- Three volumes of Final Fantasy 25th Memorial Ultimania (later translated to English and published as Final Fantasy Ultimania Archive) covering the entire main series.
- Final Fantasy Trading Card Game 25th Anniversary Decks.
- Miscellaneous merchandise like T-shirts, bags and cups.
- The male cast plus Lightning appeared on a fashion photo shoot.