The Final Fantasy 20th Anniversary was a game project by Square Enix launched in May 2007. The games in this project are all different kinds of Final Fantasy games, from remakes to ambitious new projects, to commemorate twenty years of Final Fantasy.
Games[edit | edit source]
Several games have been released for the project:
- A PlayStation Portable port of Final Fantasy with enhanced graphics and music, the extra dungeons from Dawn of Souls (with remixed boss music from the games the bosses came from), and a new dungeon, the Labyrinth of Time.
- A PlayStation Portable port of Final Fantasy II with enhanced graphics and music, the Soul of Rebirth quest from Dawn of Souls, and the Arcane Labyrinth, a new set of three dungeons which, upon completion, allow access to the Arcane Sanctuary.
- A PlayStation Portable enhanced port of Final Fantasy Tactics, retitled Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions, with new voice-acted CG cutscenes, re-translated dialogue, additional missions and sidequests, a multiplayer mode, and new jobs and special units (Balthier and Luso Clemens).
- A Nintendo DS remake of Final Fantasy IV. Like the Final Fantasy III remake, it incorporates 3D graphics and new sections, and also features voice acting.
- The International Version of Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System, which features several gameplay changes and a new job system.
- Dissidia Final Fantasy, a new game for the PlayStation Portable, bringing characters from multiple Final Fantasy titles together, from the original Final Fantasy to Final Fantasy XII.