Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Fangs of Promise page!
Fangs of Promise is a time-limited event where Fang from Final Fantasy XIII can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- Jecht: It's exhausting being around all these kids, treatin' me like an old man.
- Jecht: Maybe I can get some rest over— Huh?
(Jecht sees Fang against a Lightning Manikin)
- ???: You may look like her, but you're nothing like her.
(Fang defeats the Manikin)
- Jecht: Nice work! You one of Lightning's friends?
- ???: What's it to you? And how do you know Lightning?
- Jecht: Calm down, missy. I'm one of the good guys.
- Jecht: But if you wanna fight, you've got it.
- ???: Who are you calling "missy"? How do I know you're not one of them?
- ???: I don't know what to believe anymore.
- Jecht: Alright, since you're not gonna listen, we're solvin' this the old-fashioned way.
- ???: Not bad for an old man.
- Jecht: They do look like us on the outside, you're right about that.
- Ashe: There you are. Why did you go off on your own?
(The rest of the party arrives)
- Jecht: Ha! No reason. Hey, Snow, lemme ask you something.
- Snow: Yeah?
- Jecht: She one of yours? Seems to know Lightning.
- Snow: Wh-what are you doing here!?
- ???: Snow! No, you're one of them, too!
- Snow: Ahhh, slow down, Fang! Just listen! I can explain.
- Ashe: So they do know each other.
- Jecht: That's what I thought. This hot-headed little missy here wouldn't listen to a word I said.
- Fang: Stop calling me that!
- Ashe: Will she listen to what any of us have to say?
- King: What do we do?
- Snow: We're not fighting her. She's one of us.
- Snow: Fang, listen. Vanille and the others are over there too so why don't—
- Fang: Vanille!? Why didn't you tell me!? Where is she?
- Snow: Over there. And I would've told you sooner if you'd just listen...
(Fang runs off)
- Jecht: She's just riled up because she has no idea what's going on. Can't blame her.
- King: She seemed real concerned about Vanille.
- Ashe: Are they sisters?
- Snow: Kind of.
(Lightning approaches Fang)
- Lightning: Fang?
- Fang: Dammit! Another one!
- Fang: Or...are you really her?
- Lightning: It's me. Wanna find out?
- Fang: ...
- Fang: It really is you!
- Fang: You look exactly like one of those monsters. It wouldn't hurt to crack a smile, would it?
- Lightning: Same old Fang. I'm glad you're okay.
- Fang: You, too. I'm relieved to see someone I know.
- Fang: Speaking of, where's Vanille? Snow said she was here.
- Lightning: She is.
- Vanille: Fang!
(Vanille runs up to Fang while the rest of the party arrives)
- Fang: Vanille!
- Steiner: You must be very close friends.
- Aerith: I've never seen Vanille look so at ease.
- Fang: You have no idea how worried I was.
- Vanille: I was worried, too! I'm so glad you're okay!
- Fang: Sorry it took me so long.
(The party sees a Vanille Manikin)
- Steiner: Another manikin!
- Aerith: What a way to ruin the reunion.
- Fang: Is that what you call those things? Those poor imitations of us.
- Fang: That looks nothing like you, Vanille.
- Fang: Just like old times. Ready?
- Vanille: Yeah!
- Fang: Huh? Time to move on?
- Serah: Fang! Where've you been!? You're bleeding!
- Fang: Don't worry. Blood's not mine.
- Wakka: You were fighting all by yourself!? That's dangerous!
- Fang: What are you talking about? We all do our part, right?
- Vaan: Yeah, but we don't do it alone.
- Fang: I'm alright. I just needed to move around a bit.
- Serah: Let us know next time, okay? We worry when people go off on their own.
- Fang: You two really are nothing alike.
- Serah: Who?
- Fang: You and Lightning. Are you sure you're related?
- Fang: You worry about everything all the time.
- Vaan: Isn't that a good thing? Can you imagine having another Lightning?
- Fang: Fortunately, there's only one.
- Serah: I'm serious, Fang. I was really worried.
- Sabin: Serah was worried about your safety. You wanted to get some exercise.
- Sabin: Next time let me come along. I could use some training practice.
- Fang: Training practice?
- Vaan: Oh man, Sabin and Fang-style training? Count me in!
- Fang: There's no training or practice of any kind! Haven't you heard a word I said?
- Serah: Haha, maybe I'll join too!
- Fang: ...I prefer being on my own, but I can't stop you from coming along.
- Serah: Fang, I know you want to protect Vanille.
- Serah: I want to become stronger, so I can protect Lightning too.
- Serah: We have the same goal, right?
- Serah: And not just Lightning. I want to protect everyone, and that includes you.
- Fang: That's your business, not mine.
- Serah: Stop being so difficult! Don't go off alone! Always stick with the group!
- Serah: Got it!?
- Fang: Got it.
- Fang: I take back what I said earlier. You're more like your sister than I thought.
- Fang: I always knew you were stubborn, but I think it's gotten worse since you've been here.
- Serah: Has it?
- Serah: That means I've changed throughout my journey. This would never have happened back home.
- Fang: Alright. You wore me down. I'll try not to wander off alone.
- Sabin: Good! Whether it's training or the real deal, everything is better if we do it together!
Fangs of Promise Pt. 1Edit
Fangs of Promise Pt. 2Edit
Fangs of Promise Pt. 3Edit
Fangs of Promise Pt. 4Edit
Fangs of Promise Pt. 5Edit
Fangs of Promise Co-opEdit
Fangs of Promise EXEdit
- This is the first character event to feature different boosted characters between Japan and Global versions. The Japanese event featured Tidus with the release of his EX weapon in the event draw. Due to Tidus's EX being released earlier than scheduled, the Global event substituted him with Zell and his EX weapon. Tidus remained a boosted character for the Lost Chapter's Global release.
- Due in part to display bugs in the Android release, this event was extended a full two weeks in Global.