Episode Complete is a possible end result within each area of Final Fantasy X-2 in its fifth and final chapter. Getting an Episode Complete provides the most satisfactory outcome for an area. For example, in Besaid this result must be obtained for Wakka to name his and Lulu's baby. At Kilika, Dona and Barthello will reunite in Episode Complete, but otherwise, Barthello will be left pleading outside the door of Dona's home.
In certain areas, such as Luca, simply visiting the area and fully playing through the events in it within Chapter 5 is enough to obtain Episode Complete result. For most areas, however, certain events must be completed in previous chapters to achieve Episode Complete. If these events are missed, then the player can only achieve the less-satisfactory Episode Concluded result for the area.
Obtaining Episode Complete for all areas in a single playthrough awards the extremely powerful Mascot dressphere. Completing either the Den of Woe in Mushroom Rock Road, or the sequences involving O'aka in Macalania Woods, will result in an on-screen "Episode Complete" display, but these scenes are not required to obtain Mascot. Obtaining Episode Complete for an area may also sometimes yield a Garment Grid or other special item. The completion status for each area is shown on the map menu on the Celsius.
- 1 Requirements
- 2 Results
Requirements[edit | edit source]
The following sections list the minimum number of tasks the player must do to guarantee an Episode Complete in each area. This does not include missions that must be completed to progress the story.
All locations[edit | edit source]
- Chapter 3 - The player must visit every region in this chapter for Shinra to place his CommSpheres. For the CommSphere-related events to count, the player must view all of the scenes in full and not quit too early. To trigger a scene in a CommSphere, the player must connect to it and sometimes wait a while for the scene to start. If the player does everything correctly, every single location will be flagged as a Hotspot in the location selection menu in Chapter 5.
- Chapter 4 - After the Tobli Hunt mission, the player must view CommSphere scenes until Beclem mentions his departure.
- Chapter 5 - The player will find Beclem at the dock and get the War Buddy sphere to give to Wakka.
It is not necessary to visit Besaid in Chapter 2 or participate in the Gunner's Gauntlet to achieve Episode Complete.
- Chapter 4 - The player must view all possible CommSphere transmissions at Kilika Docks after the Tobli Hunt mission. The player will first see Dona talking alone, then put the sphere on a balloon. Eventually, Barthello will break the Sphere.
- Chapter 5 - The player must make their way through Kilika Woods and watch the scene on Pilgrimage Road.
Luca[edit | edit source]
- Chapter 5 – The player must watch the Blitzball cutscene and complete the "Follow that Moogle!" mission.
It is not necessary to complete the "real Commotion?" mission in Chapter 1, play Sphere Break in Chapter 3 or Blitzball in Chapter 5 for Episode Complete.
Despite there being no special prerequisites to obtain Episode Complete in this area, it still possible to get Episode Concluded for this section instead by blowing off "Follow that Moogle!" and agreeing to Rikku and Paine's request to return directly to the Celsius.
- Chapter 3 - The player must initiate the "Machina Mayhem!" mission, but it is not required to finish it.
- Chapter 4 – The player must complete the mission "Detective Rin", finding Calli, Rikku or the Chocobo Eater guilty.
- Chapter 5 – The player must visit the Highroad to discover the results of Rin's investigation.
While it is not necessary to complete the Mi'ihen Highroad mission in Chapter 2 in order to find the Chocobo Eater guilty, skipping this mission will mean Rikku and Calli cannot be found guilty. If either Prophet or Rin are found guilty, the player will only receive Episode Concluded.
- Chapter 5 - If the player gave the awesome sphere to the Youth League, they must win Youth League Battle Tournament for an Episode Complete. If the player gave the awesome sphere to New Yevon, they must view the scene with Yaibal for Episode Complete.
The player can also earn an extra Episode Complete by finding all ten Crimson Spheres and clearing the Den of Woe sidequest. This is not required to obtain Mascot.
- Chapter 1 - Get an interview with Gippal. Follow him to the bridge and get the letter of introduction from him.
- Chapter 3 - Before the Active Link appears, visit here to see an event with Gippal.
- Chapter 4 - View the CommSphere:
- Phase 1: Will not connect.
- Phase 2: View until the sphere is stolen.
- Chapter 5 - To get an Episode Complete, the player must first defeat the Experiment at any level below its maximum level, and then, after using a repair manual, a second time when all three of its attributes (Defense, Attack, and Special) have reached level 5. To increase these stats, the player has to dig up the corresponding assembly pieces in the Bikanel Desert.
If the Experiment is defeated before it reaches Level 5 in all of its stats, the player must give the Al Bhed a repair manual to fix it. There are only five repair manuals, meaning the Experiment can be fought up to six times. If, after all the repair manuals are used, the Experiment is defeated again before it is upgraded to level 5 in all of its stats, the player misses the Episode Complete for this area. Similarly, if the player has dug up too many assembly pieces before fighting Experiment for the first time, it will already be at level 5, meaning they will miss the chance to fight it at a lower level, making them unable to get an Episode Complete as well.
- Chapter 1 - The player must complete the "Shave The Hypello?" mission without letting any bandits escape.
- Chapter 2 - The player must complete the mission by selling all ten tickets to Tobli's show. It does not matter whether or not a profit is made from the sale.
- Chapter 2 - The player must complete the mission in Macalania Woods.
- Chapter 5 - The player must visit the Moonflow and go on the stage.
If the player lets the bandits steal Tobli's bags or fails to sell all the tickets, they will not get Episode Complete.
- Chapter 1 – The player must find Tromell and speak to him four times at the Macalania Woods.
- Chapter 1 – The player must find the three musicians by walking around the Macalania Woods.
- Chapter 2 – The player must gather three Syndicate uniforms and complete the Leblanc Chateau infiltration.
- Chapter 3 – The party must defeat Garik at Mt. Gagazet.
- Chapter 5 – The player must find Tromell and speak with him twice.
The Tower re-calibration minigame is not required for Episode Complete or 100% game completion.
- Chapter 3 - The player must defeat Garik at Mt. Gagazet.
- Chapter 5 – The player must visit the spring near the exit to Lake Macalania and then the spring near the exit to the Calm Lands.
If the player took O'aka onboard the Celsius and paid off his debt before the Chapter 3 mission in Lake Macalania, they can gain an optional Episode Complete and witness O'aka and Wantz at the Travel Agency, but the Episode Complete is not in replacement of the main one and does not affect the attainment of Mascot.
- Chapter 3 & 5 – The player must find all ten Cactuar Gatekeepers hidden throughout Spira. The quest can be started in Chapter 3, but can only be finished in Chapter 5.
- Chapter 5 - The player must defeat Angra Mainyu.
- Chapter 3 – Visit the Zanarkand Ruins to ensure the CommSphere is installed there.
- Chapter 4 – After the Tobli Hunt mission, the player must view all Zanarkand Ruins CommSphere transmissions to find out what happened to Isaaru.
- Chapter 5 – The player can view a cutscene with Maroda and Isaaru for Episode Complete.
If the player returns after getting Episode Complete in Chapter 5 and enters Via Infinito, Bevelle becomes a hotspot again, but it does not change the Episode Complete result.
- The player must raise either Open Air or Argent to publicity level 5 (400 points) via the Publicity Campaign sidequest. This can be done by pitching to people throughout Spira or losing credits on the attractions. While this sidequest can be started at any time, it is recommended to start it at Chapter 1, as the player can pitch to the same people after each chapter.
- Chapter 5 - After accruing 400 points or more for either Open Air or Argent, the player can visit the Calm Lands for Episode Complete. One does not need to avoid Calm Lands until they have 400 points. The player can continue to acquire points (such as through losing credits) while there, and still get Episode Complete without it having been a "hot spot". The Calm Lands is the only area where it is possible to obtain an Episode Complete without having completed the requirements for it prior to Chapter 5.
The Chocobo Ranch quests and the matchmaking sidequest do not affect Episode Complete.
- Chapter 3 - The player must talk to Lian and Ayde again at the Thunder Plains and choose any of the locations for them to go to next.
- Chapter 3 – The party must defeat Garik at the Mt. Gagazet summit.
- Chapter 5 - The player must find Kimahri and Garik atop Mt. Gagazet.
- Chapter 2 or 3 – The player must complete the monkey matchmaking quest.
- Chapter 4 – The player must see all Zanarkand CommSphere scenes in which Isaaru is pondering what he should do.
- Chapter 5 - The player must visit Zanarkand.
Completing the Zanarkand Episode last triggers the Episode Complete bug, which may delay or prevent the attainment of the Mascot dressphere. The bug remains present in the International and HD Remaster versions of the title, but its effect is negated as the player can gain a Mascot dressphere by completing the Youth League Tournament in the Fiend Arena.
Results[edit | edit source]
Besaid Island[edit | edit source]
Wonder how little Vidina is doing.
Besaid Island highlighted on Celsius locations list
Lulu and Wakka's baby is born and revealed to be a boy, and after time of struggling to find how to be a good parent, Wakka gives him the name Vidina. Meanwhile, Beclem was called back to the Youth League headquarters, and left the island, leaving behind a sphere for Wakka to give him reassurance of his fatherhood, as well as a glimpse of his own blitzball skills.
Kilika Island[edit | edit source]
At last, a happy ending for Dona and Barthello!
Kilika Island highlighted on Celsius locations list
In the woods, a crowd of people try to reach their families located at the temple, but are blocked by guards. With some persuasion from Dona, they allow them to finally pass through, allowing them to reunite with their loved ones. Barthello joins the scene, asking for Dona's forgiveness, and with her indirect responses they make their amends.
Luca[edit | edit source]
Luca's the place to play! Why not have some fun while you've got the chance?
Luca highlighted on Celsius locations list
Yuna whistles over a ledge and quietly reminisces over cherished memories. Shortly after, she spots a moogle floating beside her that only she is able to see. It flees the scene, and as Yuna chases it, she is reminded of her memories of him, knowing full well that said memories will be with her forever.
The chocobos are back on the Highroad and running free!
Mi'ihen Highroad highlighted on Celsius locations list
There are three possible scenarios here that will result in an Episode Complete, all of which involve correctly solving the mystery about why the Highroad's machina are going haywire. The Ragnarok can be obtained by pinning Rikku as the culprit.
Looks like the Youth League have calmed down. Now they're working for a peaceful future!
Mushroom Rock Road highlighted on Celsius locations list
Even with Nooj gone, the Youth League is still in one piece, and their fight with New Yevon is now over with.
Optional[edit | edit source]
After the traumatic experience in the Den of Woe, Paine promises to save Baralai from the control of Shuyin.
Word is, the Machine Faction and Rin are launching a survey of the Farplane.
Djose Temple highlighted on Celsius locations list
After defeating the most powerful Experiment, Paine reflects on how far she has come since joining the Gullwings.
Tobli's made quite a name for himself in Spira as a producer. Yup-yup!
Moonflow highlighted on Celsius locations list
Tobli has had great success with his show after supporting the concert with Yuna. The Gullwings appear on stage this time as well.
Tromell's pretty busy holding Guadosalam together now that he's leader. Hope he takes it easy now and then, too.
Guadosalam highlighted on Celsius locations list
Well, that about wraps up the concert clean-up. Another electrifying day on the Thunder Plains!
Thunder Plains highlighted on Celsius locations list
The lightning rod towers are back to normal, and Cid is finished with his work in the area.
The woods will silently fade away, leaving only memories behind.
Macalania Woods highlighted on Celsius locations list
The woods are dying, and Yuna is feeling sad about it, as her memories from two years ago are quite precious to her.
Optional[edit | edit source]
O'aka and Wantz have returned to the Travel Agency by the lake, and will be working hard to keep it running.
The desert is safe, and the cactuars are doing great!
Bikanel Desert highlighted on Celsius locations list
The desert fiend Angra Mainyu has been defeated, and considering the damage caused by the fiends, the Al Bhed are sure it is nothing compared to the Siege of Home two years ago.
Tobli's making the Calm Lands the recreational spot of choice! Game till you drop, Gullwings!
Calm Lands highlighted on Celsius locations list
The agency battle is over, but thanks to the work of Tobli, everyone can have some fun.
Well, Kimahri and Garik have made peace, and Lian and Ayde are back on the mountain! Things are looking pretty good!
Mt. Gagazet highlighted on Celsius locations list
Lian and Ayde have returned to Mt. Gagazet, but Garik Ronso is still feeling resentment about the Guado. It takes a lecture from Elder Kimahri Ronso to teach him and the rest of the Ronso to grow by working together peacefully.
Zanarkand Ruins[edit | edit source]
The tourists are gone. Those monkeys did a pretty good job protecting the place. Not bad, monkeys!
Zanarkand Ruins highlighted on Celsius locations list
Cid and Isaaru have left the Zanarkand Ruins and the monkeys have taken over. The atmosphere has finally returned to how it was like two years ago with Yuna and her guardians.