Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Eorzean Alliance page!
The Eorzean Alliance is a coalition of multiple city-states of Eorzea in Final Fantasy XIV, united with a common goal of protecting Eorzea from outside threats, such as the Garlean Empire and various beast tribes and their primals.
- 1 Member states
- 2 History
- Limsa Lominsa: The seafaring city state located on the island of Vylbrand. Originally a haven for pirates and other outlaws, after its current leader, Admiral Merlwyb Bloefhiswyn, outlawed piracy, it has since risen into a prominent city state with trade and resources of the sea. Its Grand Company for military affairs is the Maelstrom.
- Gridania: The forested city state is located within the Twelveswood, led by the Seedseer Council, with the Elder Seedseer Kan-E-Senna at its head. Their Grand Company on military affairs is the Order of the Twin Adder.
- Ul'dah: The city state located in the deserts of Thanalan, Ul'dah is a sultanate ruled by its sultana and governed by the Syndicate. The Syndicate is divided into Monetarists and Royalists, that often clash with matters. The current sultana is Nanamo Ul Namo, with Lord Lolorito Nanarito as the head of the Syndicate. Their Grand Company for military affairs is the Immortal Flames, originally led by General Raubahn Aldynn, but as of the events of Stormblood, has since been under the leadership of Pipin Tarupin.
- Ishgard: For centuries, the Holy See of Ishgard, located in the frozen land of Coerthas, wasn't part of the Alliance due to their own struggle against the dragons of Dravania in the Dragonsong War. But after the defeat of Archbishop Thordan VII, Ser Aymeric de Borel took leadership of Ishgard and officially rejoined the Alliance. Its military affairs are led by the Temple Knights, led by Aymeric and his second-in-command, Lucia Junius.
- Ala Mhigo: Originally not part of the Alliance, this city state located in Aldenard, in the wastes of Gyr Abania, profited for its strong warrior culture. Originally led by the mad king Theodoric, it was occupied by the Garlean Empire for twenty years until its liberation. Since then, Lyse Hext brought various Ala Mhigan leaders together to discuss its future, deciding to become a republic, taking model from Ishgard's House of Commons. She also led Ala Mhigo to officially join with Eorzean Alliance. Currently led by Lyse Hext in political affairs and Raubahn Aldynn in military affairs.
- Doma: The Kingdom of Doma located in Far East, in the land of Yanxia, fell under Garlean rule, until the Scions of the Seventh Dawn led a daring campaign for its liberation. With the liberation, it is now under the leadership of Lord Hien Rijin and as a matter of honor, he signed an official alliance with Eorzean Alliance.
The city states, that would form the Alliance, came together the first time in the Autumn War. The mad king Theodoric of Ala Mhigo set his sights to the west of Eorzea and invaded the neighboring Gridania. Gridania called assistance from its neighbors Limsa Lominsa, Ul'dah and Ishgard. They formed an alliance and triumphed over the Ala Mhigan invaders.
After the war, Ishgard declined to join a permanent alliance with its neighbors due to its own conflict, the Dragonsong War. The remaining three city-states allied to protect Eorzea. Sometime after, Ala Mhigo fell under the oppressive rule of the Garlean Empire. This was one of the reasons behind Eorzean Alliance's founding.
Seventh Umbral Calamity
Five years after the Calamity, the city-states of the Alliance were getting back on their feet. In the shadows, the Garlean Empire, manipulated by the Ascians, prepared a new campaign against Eorzea. The Scions of the Seventh Dawn, a group of warriors and scholars dedicated to Eorzea's protection, investigated the strange actions around Eorzea and recruited a new member, the Warrior of Light.
The Garlean Empire's XIVth Imperial Legion, under the leadership of Gaius van Baelsar, acquired the Ultima Weapon, with the intention of subduing the Eorzean beast-tribes' primals. The Alliance came together again, and deployed Operation Archon alongside the Scions. The Warrior of Light challenged Gaius, and destroyed the Ultima Weapon. The Alliance leaders declared the beginning of the Seventh Astral Era.
Despite Empire's defeat, troubles arose throughout Eorzea. Refugees from the land of Doma, led by Yugiri Mistwalker, landed on Eorzea, seeking asylum. The Alliance could not provide them an asylum due to Ala Mhigan refugees and the Scions took them under their care in Mor Dhona. Alphinaud Leveilleur, grandchild of Louisoux Leveilleur, founded a new Grand Company, the Crystal Braves, in his desire to save Eorzea. During this time, Ishgard prepared for a new attack by their longtime enemy, the dragon Nidhogg.
In Ul'dah, a Syndicate member Teledji Adeledji conspired to start a revolution to remove the sultana Nanamo Ul Namo and get the Cartenau Reclamation Bill passed, to gain access to Omega, an ancient weapon. His scheme culminated in the Ul'dah Revolution, where he attempted to have the sultana assassinated and the Scions framed for regicide. By using bribed Crystal Braves, he almost succeeded, until Raubahn killed him. Other Syndicate member, Lolorito Nanarito, used the revolution for his own gains by having Raubahn imprisoned for Teledji's murder. The Scions were scattered, forcing the Warrior of Light and Alphinaud to seek safety from Ishgard.
The Warrior of Light was drawn into the Dragonsong War, and freed Raubahn and order in Ul'dah was restored with the revelation that Nanamo was still alive. After the Warrior defeated the leader of Ishgardian church, Archbishop Thordan VII, Thordan's son, Aymeric de Borel, became the acting leader of Ishgard and formally rejoined Ishgard with the Eorzean Alliance.
Aymeric signed a peace with dragons, but multitude of problems set back this plan. To bring Ishgardian people together, and boost their spirits, he arranged the Grand Melee, where each of the Alliance's grand companies engaged in an exercise combat. Aymeric invited the Warrior to fight for Ishgard, which they accepted. Ishgard won the melee, and the peace with the dragons proceeded.
After Nidhogg's defeat, troubles rose among the Ala Mhigans in Thanalan and Gridania. The leader of Ala Mhigan resistance, the Griffin, commenced a false flag operation in Baelsar's Wall to force the Alliance into military action against the Garlean Empire in Ala Mhigo. He succeeded, although nearly caused an eighth Umbral Calamity.
Eorzean Alliance moved into Gyr Abania, attempting to liberate Ala Mhigo from the Garlean Empire. They tasked the Scions to make contact with Ala Mhigan Resistance to join them. However, Zenos yae Galvus thwarted the Alliance's early attack. To give Alliance a second chance with liberation, the Scions travelled to Far East, to Doma, to liberate it from Garlean lure, to force the Empire into war in two fronts. As a result, the leader of Doma, Hien Rijin, promised Doma's support to the Alliance. The Alliance pushed their forces to Ala Mhigo, and with Doma's support and the Warrior of Light defeating Zenos, Ala Mhigo was liberated.
Under Lyse Hext's leadership, Ala Mhigo became a republic, taking model from Ishgard's House of Commons. Nanamo released Raubahn from his service, so that he can help his homeland. Doma signed an alliance with Eorzean Alliance.
The Ascian Elidibus possessed Zenos's body, and directed the Empire to assault Ala Mhigo. The Alliance attempted to parley with Emperor Varis zos Galvus himself. The parley led nowhere, but thanks to the Warrior of Light, the Empire's assault was stopped and the war came to a stalemate. Many Scions fell due to strange affliction an were called to the First, one of the reflections of the world. The Warrior followed them there.
Following the Scions' victory in the First, where they ensured that the Source won't suffer an Eighth Umbral Calamity, they learned that the Empire was under turmoil, and the stalemate in Ala Mhigo was ongoing. Alisaie Leveilleur, from her experiences in the First, moved to find a way to cure the primal tempering to free Eorzea's beast-tribes from primal influence. As her efforts proved fruit, multiple towers appeared all around the world. As the beast-tribes were freed from tempering, Ascian Fandaniel appeared in Ala Mhigo with Bahamut, intending to recreate the Final Days. The Alliance leaders gathered alongside beast-tribe leaders to form the Grand Company of Eorzea.
The towers could temper anyone who came close to them, and use the tempered to summon Lunar Primals. To answer to Lunar Bahamut, the Scions and Estinien Wyrmblood worked to release the dragon, Tiamat. The Alliance engaged the Telophoroi in Paglth'an and the Warrior defeated the Lunar Bahamut with Tiamat's assistance.
Later, the Alliance and the Scions assaulted the Telophoroi at the Cartenau Flats, and defeated other Lunar Primals. The Alliance attempted to gain assistance from Sharlayan who adamantly refused. The Alliance thus prepared for what was to come.