- While lacking pigment on the whole, the hide of this subspecies is often flecked with black spots. This is one of several evolutionary offshoots of the common coeurl, born of the breed's ability to thrive amid a variety of harsh conditions.
- Size: 19.94 ft. Weight: 1,880.7 lb.
- A vindictive elder coeurl seen stalking Thommels Glade. At the moment of death, coeurls have been observed to electromagnetically transmit a sort of "psionic death cry" that will summon elder coeurls in the area to reap reprisal, and this specimen has proven particularly vengeful.
- Size: 20.07 ft. Weight: 1,885.8 lb.
- An elder coeurl in common company at Scotham Clough. After the Taelpar Rest Area dropped off the communications grid, a pack was seen to form in the vicinity, possibly in reaction to the presence of some greater menace.
- Size: 20.11 ft. Weight: 1,889.5 lb.
- An elder coeurl accustomed to older underground dwellings. The lack of atmospheric exposure has heightened the sensitivity of its whiskers, boosting the voltage of their charge to levels beyond those of its surface brethren. The sensitive whiskers also serve as a sensor in the dark, alerting the coeurl to the biological currents of nearby foes.
- Size: 20.37 ft. Weight: 2,013.4 lb.
|Old Denizens of the Wood||Taelpar Rest Area||8||Elder Coeurl x3||Thoemmels Glade (Daytime)||63||22,540 gil, Fire Crest||★★★★|
Lvl 63 Enemy
Lvl 93 Enemy
Like their lesser counterparts, elder coeurls are extremely aggressive and capable of causing Instant Death, making them formidable foes even at higher levels. The elder coeurl uses its Instant Death ability when it retreats and lies down while its appendages glow. Elder coeurls use both physical and magical attacks. Their magic attacks are Lightning-based and inflict Shocked. They take most damage from swords and daggers, and all but the LV93 version are weak to Fire.
The player should not attack the creature while it is lying down. The Safety Bit and Ribbon accessories and the Medjay Assassin's Robe attire remove the elder coeurl's ability to inflict Instant Death. Maagho in Altissia also serves a dish that provides that effect as a food buff.
coeurl is a fictional alien race created by science-fiction writer A. E. van Vogt. Coeurls also appear in other fantastical environments, such as the game Dungeons & Dragons (as "Displacer Beasts"). Coeurls are generally described to be feline with longer forelimbs and tentacles.The