Boss are encountered inside special enclosures. Engaging any enemy within these areas will start a ten-second countdown, after which the area's exits will be blocked, preventing exit or entry until either all enemies are defeated or the party is wiped out. Players are given one opportunity to teleport inside should they find themselves locked out. This courtesy is not extended to players who respawn while the encounter is still ongoing.
Some dungeons have received what are called Hard versions. Unlike the Hard versions of trials, Hard dungeons are completely different duties from their originals, with new layouts, enemies, and bosses at higher levels. Despite the Hard tag, they typically aren't any more difficult than non-Hard dungeons of the same level.
Roulettes[edit | edit source]
Dungeons are the focus of 5 separate Duty Roulettes:
- The Leveling roulette includes all non-max level dungeons, respective to the level cap of the expansion they were released in, as well the Normal modes of the Bowl of Embers, Navel, and Howling Eye trials. This roulette can be accessed by unlocking two qualifying dungeons.
- The Level 50/60/70 Dungeons roulette includes all 4-player dungeons of the corresponding levels. This roulette can be accessed by unlocking two qualifying dungeons.
- The Level 80 Dungeons roulette includes all level 80 dungeons that are not currently part of the Expert roulette. This roulette can be accessed by completing all qualifying dungeons.
- The Expert roulette includes a group of the highest level dungeons, generally with 2 to 4 dungeons being included depending on their release schedule. This roulette can be accessed by completing all qualifying dungeons.
- The Main Scenario roulette includes the only two 8-player dungeons, Castrum Meridianum and the Praetorium. Cutscenes in these dungeons cannot be skipped, and they have increased experience and tomestone rewards to accommodate players for their resulting long run times. This roulette can be accessed by completing both dungeons.
List of Dungeons[edit | edit source]
A Realm Reborn[edit | edit source]
|Name||Level||Item Level||Final Boss||Unlock||Tomestones||Release|
|Holminster Switch||71||370||Philia||The Lightwardens||5.0|
|Dohn Mheg||73||375||Aenc Thon, Lord of the Lengthsome Gait||The Key to the Castle||5.0|
|The Qitana Ravel||75||380||Eros||The Burden of Knowledge||5.0|
|Malikah's Well||77||385||Storge||A Fresh Start||5.0|
|Mt. Gulg||79||390||Forgiven Obscenity||Extinguishing the Last Light||5.0|
|The Twinning||80||410||The Tycoon||By the Time You Hear This||50 20||5.0|
|Akadaemia Anyder||80||410||Quetzalcoatl||Akadaemia Anyder||50 20||5.0|
|The Grand Cosmos||80||430||Lugus||A Grand Adventure||50 20||5.1|
|Anamnesis Anyder||80||440||Rukshs Dheem||Beneath the Surface||60 30||5.2|
|The Heroes' Gauntlet||80||460||Spectral Berserker||The Converging Light||60 30||5.3|
|Matoya's Relict||80||470||Mother Porxie||Like Master, Like Pupil||80 50||5.4|
|Paglth'an||80||490||Lunar Bahamut||The Flames of War||80 50||5.5|