"Dragonsong" is the main theme of Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward. It was composed by Nobuo Uematsu, arranged by Tsutomu Narita, and sung by Susan Calloway. The lyrics were written by Michael-Christopher Koji Fox and Kazutoyo Maehiro.
It is the 55th track in Heavensward: Final Fantasy XIV Original Soundtrack.
"Contention" and "Misconception" are two other instrumental arrangements. The former was arranged by Kuroda and Soken while the latter was arranged by Ken Ito and Soken.
An orchestral arrangement performed by Distant Worlds Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorus and Susan Calloway is included on this album.
- Children of the land do you hear
- Echoes of truths that once rang clear
- Two souls intertwined
- One true love they did find
- Bringing land and heavens near
- But flames that burned full bright soon fell dark
- Memories dimmed by shadowed hearts
- In the waxing gloom
- Did wane the lovers' moon
- Watching as their worlds drift apart.
- One soul's cry
- A passion welling within
- A final plea to her kin
- Yet this bond of hope
- By treachery was broke
- Scattering her words to the wind
- Swelling overlong
- Seas of blood are a song
- And death an afterthought
- To those who fight for naught
- A throne lying empty
- A reign incomplete
- Alone for eternity
- A pain without cease
- Children of the land answer this
- Why must you turn to empty bliss
- Tell me why break trust
- Why turn the past to dust
- Seeking solace in the abyss
- Tell me why create
- A circle none can break
- Why must you let go
- The life you were bestowed
- This I fear I'll never know
- Never know...