Rikku and the Al Bhed are acutely aware of the premises behind the Yevon faith and its summoners' pilgrimages. To defend one of their own, the Al Bhed send several machina to hinder Yuna's progress on her journey. However, when Rikku fails her head-on attempt to do so, she joins the party. Now, the team is further mired in the ugly truth behind Spira's very history, and must band together to protect Yuna while overcoming an age-old conflict between the Yevonites and the Al Bhed in order to save their world.
"Oui Are Al Bhed" was the primary theme for this event.
- Dungeon names for this event were completely encoded in the Al Bhed cipher:
- Dra Suuhvmuf: The Moonflow
- Dra Drihtan Bmyehc: The Thunder Plains
- Myga Macalania: Lake Macalania
- Dra Yencreb: The Airship
- Vymmehk +: Falling +
- Lina vun Cythacc ++: Cure for Sadness ++
- Nyjahuic Paycd +++: Ravenous Beast +++
- Tyikrdan uv Yevon: Daughter of Yevon
- Vyedrmacc Vyodr: Faithless Fayth
- Funmt Fedreh Funmtc: World Within Worlds
- The above names would not be encoded this way in the source title; key terms and place names are usually exempt from the cipher, as with the hint outside Baaj Temple or the Al Bheds' dialogue in the opening mission (e.g. Fa vudht dra airship!" [We found the airship!]).