Dissidia Final Fantasy: Secretum - Himitsu - was a special two-time only event, presented in a live recitation of a side-story related to Dissidia Final Fantasy NT, focusing on the warriors Cloud Strife, Squall Leonhart, Tidus, Sephiroth, and an amnesiac young man summoned to the war.
The event was held at Nakano Sun Plaza, Tokyo from December 18th-19th, 2017. The voice actors of their respective characters reprised their roles in the reading.
One day, the light in the world began to fade into darkness. Three Warriors of Light, Cloud Strife, Squall Leonhart, and Tidus, who were present in the vicinity, were sent out to investigate the light and head for the fading point, where they find a young man suffering from amnesia. Confused by his presence, they learn he was summoned by the gods for a purpose beyond conflict, but before they can know more, their situation turns into the unexpected...
Final Fantasy - An original story presented exclusively, unfolding more of the world of 'Dissidia', where warriors of the cycle continue to gather.
|Amnesiac Man||Yūki Ono|
|Cloud Strife||Takahiro Sakurai|
|Squall Leonhart||Hideo Ishikawa|
- The first day of the event took place on December 18th, 2017, exactly 30 years since the original Final Fantasy was released.
- This live event introduced several elements old and new from the Dissidia series that, at the time, weren't in nor revealed to appear in Dissidia Arcade These included the appearance, through presence and mention, of Locke Cole, Rinoa Heartilly and Auron as characters, the Phantom Forest of Final Fantasy VI as a setting and Phoenix as a summon.
- As of 2019, only Locke and Rinoa have been added to the game, Auron has been discussed as a plausible character addition but nothing more, there's no mention about adding a second stage representation from each title and no new summon reveal has happened since the introduction of Bahamut.
- Locke Cole was considered as a playable character in the original Dissidia game, but was rejected in favor of the protagonist of Final Fantasy VI, Terra Branford.
- Locke Cole, along with Desch from Final Fantasy III and Benjamin from Final Fantasy Mystic Quest, was considered by fans as one of the most likely answers to the mystery of who the amnesiac man is. This is because Yūki Ono usually portrays late-adolescent males and because none of the three have ever had Japanese voice actors until this event.
- Locke references the events of this stage play in Dissidia NT when he admits to Rinoa that he has met Squall before.