Darksteel is a Rank IV Mark from Final Fantasy XII that becomes available upon reaching Archades. It can be found in the Temptation Eluded area of the Sochen Cave Palace. All enemies will be cleared out of this zone when the player enters.
Clan Primer[edit | edit source]
Hunt 20: Shelled Obstruction[edit | edit source]
- Petitioner: Homesick Man
- Petitioner's Location: Archades (armor shop)
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of a darksteel (Rank IV). The petitioner is the homesick man at Vint's Armaments in Archades.
- Hunt accepted. The homesick man tells you that a fiendish creature prevents him from returning to his homeland of Balfonheim. This darksteel is to be found in the Sochen Cave Palace.
- Darksteel defeated! Report to the homesick man at Vint's Armaments in Archades.
- Hunt reported to the homesick man. He was overjoyed at the prospect of being able to return home. However, though the darksteel be no more, there are plenty of other nasties in the Sochen Cave Palace. The petitioner wisely intends to purchase extra arms and armor before making the journey.
Bestiary entry[edit | edit source]
- Being a Variety of Titantoise, so Rare as to be near Extinction, having a great Shell. Its destructive Nature and violent Tendencies toward Man and other Creatures - practically Anything standing in its Way - have earned it a Reputation among Travelers as a Scourge. Thus did an anxious wayfarer post a Bill for this Mark.
Stats[edit | edit source]
AI script[edit | edit source]
|Protect||When not in battle (100%)|
When in battle: HP >50% (5%)
|Darkra||Opponent is far (50%)|
HP <20% (100%)
|Flatten||Opponent is close (5%)|
|Purify||When afflicted with ailment(s) and opponents are far (100%)|
|Stone Gaze||Use all battle (5%)|
|Restore||HP <50% when opponent is far (25%)|
HP <70% when not in battle (25%)
|Power Spin||When opponent is close (25%)|
|Meditate||MP <20% when opponent is far (100%)|
|Magick CT0||When HP <20%|
Battle[edit | edit source]
Darksteel absorbs Dark damage and when in HP Critical, it will start casting Darkga for every attack and its Speed increases. The player can equip Black Masks or Demon Shields as a counter measure. With the Nihopalaoa+Remedy trick, the player can inflict Darksteel with multiple ailments. Inflicting Darksteel with Poison causes it to take approximately 14,000 damage per tick, trivializing the battle. The player can also inflict it with Poison with magick if they don't have the Nihopalaoa, and with the Indigo Pendant, the ailment will always stick. Darksteel will use Purify to heal itself of ailments if the party is too far for it to attack, however, and use Restore to replenish HP. This is may be better to keep an offensive going.
Dispel can be used to remove Darksteel's buffs. There is a method to defeat Darksteel without taking damage by having only one party member and equipping them with a ranged weapon and then attacking while running away from it while Darksteel is too slow to catch up.