Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Cycle of Battle page!
Cycle of Battle is a time-limited event where Garland from Final Fantasy can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
Quests[edit | edit source]
Story Cutscenes[edit | edit source]
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- Garland: ......
(Garland opens a Torsion)
- The Emperor: Where are you going?
(The Emperor arrives)
- Garland: Have we anywhere else to go but the battlefield?
- Garland: I care not about the will of the gods. You are the same, no?
- Garland: My desire for war is not unlike yours for dominion.
- Garland: In that sense, we are kin.
(Garland exits into the Torsion)
- The Emperor: A warrior who cares only for the fight...calls me "kin"?
- Ashe: It looks like we managed to drive back the enemy.
- Warrior of Light: They must have been lying in wait to have attacked so suddenly. We can't let our guard down.
- Faris: But there's no way we'd be bested in a place like this!
- Mog: Great job, kupo! I feel so at ease with so many friends on our side!
- Warrior of Light: Indeed. No matter what trials we may face, we can overcome them together.
- ???: Then overcome this!
(Garland arrives from the Torsion and immediately battles the Warrior of Light)
- Warrior of Light: Gck...!
- Faris: Garland!? You've got some brass launching a surprise attack like that!
- Garland: Those who do not tirelessly seek war have no place in this world.
- Ashe: What do you mean?
- Warrior of Light: Are you still devoting yourself to the cycle of war?
- Garland: Of course.
- Garland: It is what I hoped for. If this world was made the same way, then isn't that the answer?
- Faris: What's wrong with this guy?
- Warrior of Light: ......
- Garland: Oh?
- Warrior of Light: We will use the light gathered here to end your cycle!
- Garland: Very well... Then come!
- Ashe: Huff, huff... What a powerful attack...
- Faris: Are you okay, Ashe? You can pull back if you need to.
- Garland: As I expected. You enjoy this, don't you?
- Warrior of Light: Enjoy!?
(Ace and Zidane arrive)
- Ace: Are you guys okay!?
- Zidane: Is that Garland!?
- Garland: Hahaha! Let us continue the battle!
(Y'shtola and Cloud Manikins arrive from Torsions to join Garland)
- Ace: Dark manikins...
- Zidane: We'll take you on!
- Garland: I see... I am not the only one who desires war.
(Garland destroys the Manikins)
- Warrior of Light: What?
- Garland: Our fight is for us. I do not wish for others to get in our way.
- Garland: But I had forgotten. When I dedicated myself to the cycle of war...
- Garland: Strangers like these were a part of the cycle, too.
- Garland: Take my coordinates.
- Mog: Kupo!? You mean you'll work with us!?
- Warrior of Light: What is the meaning of this!?
- Garland: I yearn for battle.
- Garland: It's like he said. We are naught but performers.
- Garland: I wish to stage the grandest of battles upon those gods' stage.
- Zidane: Don't try to lump yourself in with Kuja!
- Garland: It changes nothing. War is the fate from which we cannot escape.
- Garland: That's why...I wish you to summon me to your battles.
- Garland: And come for my life whenever you wish!
- Garland: All war will become mine.
(Garland exits via Torsion)
- Faris: What just happened here? Why did he give us his coordinates?
- Warrior of Light: This is dangerous. I cannot imagine that he truly wishes to cooperate with us.
- Zidane: Yeah. Even going so far as to mention Kuja...
- Ace: And I highly doubt he wants to be our friend.
- Ace: Garland is trapped. The cycle of war is not just his problem.
- Ace: People seek strife... War repeats itself...
- Ashe: So shall we leave him be...?
- Ace: No. That's not what I meant...
- Faris: He means it in a wide sense. Even you should understand, Princess.
- Ashe: Well, when you put it that way...
- Warrior of Light: Everyone shares the fate of fighting. Garland is a mirror that reflects light...
(Garland reenters the Rift)
- Kuja: How tasteless of you. I have no desire to put you upon my stage.
- Garland: Then you must force me down.
- Kuja: ...Do you truly intend to perform?
- Kuja: Then I'll have to find a suitable role for you.
- Garland: My only role is that of war. It shall make for a grand spectacle...
- Firion: I can't believe that...
- Snow: You don't think Garland could've had a change of heart?
- Warrior of Light: I can't imagine so.
- Cecil: Neither can I see him as a friend.
- Warrior of Light: Indeed.
- Firion: But then why would he give us his coordinates?
- Warrior of Light: To put himself in the battle. He wants to make our fight his, too.
- Snow: War is...not normal.
- Cecil: If you're uncertain, it's best not to use his coordinates.
- Warrior of Light: I continued my fight with Garland in hopes of ending the cycle of war.
- Warrior of Light: But there may be some things that cannot be ended with the two of us fighting.
- Warrior of Light: Ace said the same. We're also in a cycle of war.
- Snow: A cycle, huh... You might be right.
- Snow: But we're different from Garland. We don't want to fight. We have to.
- Snow: There are people that need to be stopped, and we just happen to be the only ones who can do it.
- Firion: The reason you take up arms will become your faith.
- Firion: I feel that in you. I will fight beside you until you find acceptance.
- Cecil: I believe your light will reach Garland someday.
- Warrior of Light: Faith... Yes, thank you.
- Warrior of Light: If Garland's actions are heading toward a different end than in the past...
- Warrior of Light: We must keep going forward until that time.
Cycle of Battle Pt. 1[edit | edit source]
Cycle of Battle Pt. 2[edit | edit source]
Cycle of Battle Pt. 3[edit | edit source]
Cycle of Battle Pt. 4[edit | edit source]
Cycle of Battle Pt. 5[edit | edit source]
Cycle of Battle Co-op[edit | edit source]
Cycle of Battle EX[edit | edit source]
Cycle of Battle COSMOS[edit | edit source]
Cycle of Battle CHAOS[edit | edit source]
Musical themes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This is the first character event to feature two EX weapons for its event draw, one of which is always for the featured character, due to the introduction of the Realization mechanic. This is also the first character event to introduce a "CHAOS" difficulty quest.