Creative Business Unit II (第二開発事業本部, Dai Ni Kaihatsu Jigyō Honbu?) is an internal development division within Square Enix. Formed in 2019 from the merger of Square Enix Business Divisions 6, 7 and 11, Creative Business Unit II is headed by Yu Miyake and focuses, among others in the Dragon Quest and Fortune Street franchises, various arcade titles such as Lord of Vermilion, and the Bravely Default series.
Though this Business Unit develops few games directly in the Final Fantasy series, it has developed related games that feature elements or characters from the series.
[edit | edit source]
- Itadaki Street: Dragon Quest & Final Fantasy 30th Anniversary (as Business Division 6, in association with Tose)
- Lord of Vermilion IV (as Business Division 7, in association with Think Garage)
- Final Fantasy: The 4 Heroes of Light (as Business Division 11, in association with Matrix Software)
- Bravely Default (as Business Division 11, in association with Silicon Studio)
- Bravely Default: Praying Brage (as Business Division 11)
- Bravely Second: End Layer (as Business Division 11, in association with Silicon Studio)
- Bravely Archive: D's Report (as Business Division 11)
- Bravely Default: Fairy's Effect (as Business Division 11, in association with Silicon Studio)
- Bravely Default II (in association with Claytech Works)