Crabs are small, water-loving monsters of Vana'diel in Final Fantasy XI. They are common creatures, and many adventurers become very familiar with their image quite quickly. Although crabs can come in a variety of shapes and strengths, they all share a few traits; most notably, their shells provide a bit of defense (which they can boost through various means), and their strong pincers can cause more than just a few bruises and cuts, especially against adventurers who don't keep their wits about them.
Crabs are sometimes hunted for their meat, which can be cooked into a number of delicious dishes, and their shells, which are durable and yet fairly easy to work with.
- Big Scissors: Single target damage.
- Bubble Curtain: Shell effect.
- Bubble Shower: AoE Water damage and Strength down.
- Mega Scissors: Cone area of effect TP attack. Resets enmity. Only used by certain Notorious Monsters.
- Metallic Body: Stoneskin effect.
- Scissor Guard: Doubles defense.
- Venom Shower: AoE damage plus Poison and Defense Down. Only used by certain Notorious Monsters.