Commodore of the Skies is a time-limited event where Aranea from Final Fantasy XV can be added to Mog's group of warriors. This paralogue of the main scenario may include characters not yet recruited by the player.
- 1 Quests
- 1.1 Story Cutscenes
- 1.2 Commodore of the Skies Pt. 1
- 1.3 Commodore of the Skies Pt. 2
- 1.4 Commodore of the Skies Pt. 3
- 1.5 Commodore of the Skies Pt. 4
- 1.6 Commodore of the Skies Pt. 5
- 1.7 Commodore of the Skies Co-op
- 1.8 Commodore of the Skies EX
- 1.9 Commodore of the Skies COSMOS
- 1.10 Commodore of the Skies CHAOS
- 2 Musical themes
- 3 Etymology
- 4 Notes
Quests[edit | edit source]
Story Cutscenes[edit | edit source]
Depending on your progress in the story, characters you have yet to recruit may appear in these events.
- ???: I get it.
- ???: So what do you want me to do about it?
- Spiritus: It is as I said: you are free to do as you please.
- Spiritus: But you must fight.
- Spiritus: That is why I called you.
- ???: Well, isn't that nice... And if I don't, I can't get back?
- Spiritus: Correct. Now be on your way. All is for the sake of this world.
- ???: ...Not like that means much to me.
(Gilgamesh arrives from a Torsion)
- Gilgamesh: A new face? You look lost.
- Gilgamesh: But worry not! I, the great Gilgamesh, will take you under my—
- Gilgamesh: That spear! I've never seen anything like it! Show it to me!
- ???: A fan of weapons, are you?
- ???: It's a magitek spear, forged just for me.
- Gilgamesh: Hmm... How fascinating. I know! We must have a contest!
- ???: A contest?
- Gilgamesh: Didn't Spiritus tell you that you need to fight? I'll get to see you use that spear, so we can hit two birds with one stone!
- ???: Are you sure this is what he meant by "fight"...?
- Gilgamesh: Of course! If you accept my challenge, I'll open the way for you. What do you say?
- ???: Hmm... Have it your way then!
(Aranea strikes Gilgamesh)
- ???: I guess there's no escaping the eccentric. But at least he showed me the way out of there. Now just where am I?
- ???: Hm? Seems like there's a battle going on.
(The party faces a Magitek Armor)
- ???: Is that...the prince?
- ???: They even summoned that kid. Just how selfish can the gods be?
- ???: But...he's not too shabby.
- Noct: Take that!
(Noctis defeats the Magitek Armor)
- ???: He's gotten tougher since coming here.
- ???: Well, if I can do whatever I want as long as I fight...
- Zell: Yeah! Mission complete! Let's head back to the airship.
- ???: Hold it. It's my turn now.
(Aranea attacks Noct with Highwind)
- Noct: Aranea!? You're here, too!?
- Warrior of Light: Something's not right. Be careful.
- Aranea: Good eye!
- Noct: What are you doing!? We're not enemies!
- Aranea: Enough talk. Show me what you got, pretty boy!
(Aranea clashes with Noctis)
- Noct: Gck! What's the matter with you, Aranea!? Don't you remember!?
- Machina: Maybe she's being controlled?
- Noct: I don't want to fight you!
- Aranea: How sweet...
- Aranea: You've gotten stronger.
- Warrior of Light: So you no longer wish to fight...?
- Aranea: I was told by Spiritus that I could do what I wanted as long as I fight.
- Aranea: I was so happy to see you, I couldn't contain my excitement. My bad.
- Noct: You've got to be kidding me...
- Leon: It seems like she isn't being controlled, nor have her memories been tampered with.
- Tifa: Is she a friend of yours, Noct?
- Noct: Aranea used to be a commodore in the imperial army. She's reliable.
- Aranea: You seem pretty close to them. You been here long?
- Noct: I guess you could say that.
- Aranea: In that case, I think I'll stay a while. Things are bound to be more interesting with you guys around.
- Noct: I don't see why not.
- Tifa: Are you sure about this?
- Machina: Are you really okay being summoned to an unknown world and just being told to fight?
- Aranea: Well, there's not much I can do about it now.
- Aranea: Crying about it certainly won't change anything.
- Aranea: So why not embrace it?
- Warrior of Light: You would even fight beside us as an ally?
- Aranea: Well, that god did say I could do whatever I want.
- Aranea: Which means I can fight alongside His Highness if I feel like it.
- Leon: Ha, quite the reinforcements you've brought us, Noct.
- Noct: That's what I've been trying to tell you guys.
- Aranea: Trust me, you won't regret adding this girl to your ranks.
- Onion Knight: So you were from the enemy nation, Aranea? I don't get that feeling when I look at you guys.
- Aranea: Our nations were enemies, and if you're in the army, you've got no choice but to fight.
- Prompto: But she didn't always like the empire's way of doing things, so she helped us out a lot.
- Onion Knight: I see. Even though your countries were enemies, that didn't mean you had to be.
- Prompto: Right. That's why we're so indebted to her.
- Aranea: I did poke my nose where it didn't belong.
- Prompto: Hehe. Well, we certainly weren't complaining.
- Prompto: But that's why I'm happy I got to learn my way around here before you!
- Prompto: If there's anything I can do, let me know!
- Aranea: You've really come a long way from that spineless kid you used to be.
- Onion Knight: Haha! You, spineless?
- Prompto: Used to be! I'm stronger now! Plus, Noct is here—
(The rest of the party faces a Vanguard Magitek Armor)
- Lightning: Pull back!
(They retreat back to the others)
- Galuf: What are you doing here? It's dangerous! Retreat to the airship!
- Onion Knight: We'll help you fight!
(Aranea's party runs ahead)
(Prompto shoots at the Vanguard Magitek Armor)
- Prompto: It's no good!
- Ashe: Its armor is too hard. That's why we decided to retreat...
- Lightning: How do we beat this thing?
- Aranea: Get back! I'll handle this!
- Prompto: What are you going to do, Aranea?
(The party steps back)
- Aranea: I'm going to attack and draw its attention.
- Aranea: Once it stops moving, bring it down!
- Prompto: Got it!
(Aranea and Prompto attack and defeat the Vanguard Magitek Armor)
- Galuf: For a moment, I wasn't sure what would happen.
- Ashe: We were able to bring it down easily thanks to you, Aranea.
- Lightning: You're quite the strategist.
- Aranea: I just happened to be better equipped to fight that enemy. I'm glad no one got hurt.
- Aranea: What's the matter? I thought you outgrew this.
- Prompto: I thought I'd finally be the one helping you, but you're the one who saved us in the end...
- Aranea: Stop sulking. This thing goes both ways.
- Aranea: Maybe next time you'll be the one saving me from an enemy I can't fight.
- Prompto: You're right!
- Aranea: That's better.
- Aranea: You all did well. Why don't we head back and get some rest?
- Galuf: I couldn't have said it better myself.
- Aranea: I appreciate it. Now let's get going!
Commodore of the Skies Pt. 1[edit | edit source]
Commodore of the Skies Pt. 2[edit | edit source]
Commodore of the Skies Pt. 3[edit | edit source]
Commodore of the Skies Pt. 4[edit | edit source]
Commodore of the Skies Pt. 5[edit | edit source]
Commodore of the Skies Co-op[edit | edit source]
Commodore of the Skies EX[edit | edit source]
Commodore of the Skies COSMOS[edit | edit source]
Commodore of the Skies CHAOS[edit | edit source]
Musical themes[edit | edit source]
- "Daemons" plays during all waves except bosses.
- "Invidia" plays during boss waves.
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Commodore refers to a naval rank above a captain, but below a rear admiral. In the United States, the rank was replaced by rear admiral (lower half), whereas it remains in use elsewhere around the world. Derived from French Commandeur, holders of the rank are typically identified as one-star officers.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Commodore of the Skies was the second character event released for the Global version before the Japanese version. Aranea was announced as a Global-first character to celebrate the game's second anniversary.
- As with "Treasure Hunting", this event was rerun alongside the release of another addition to the game—in this case a seasonal co-op event. As before, this event was also truncated so as not to include the three advanced panels or its own co-op. The co-op event also offered boosts to Beatrix and Ignis rather than Noctis and Locke, so Commodore of the Skies was modified to synchronize with the co-op.
Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Dev:Arguments' not found. Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Dev:NavboxBuilder' not found.