Cid is a Hume who resides and owns a laboratory in the Republic of Bastok in Final Fantasy XI. Cid plays a key role in many Bastok quests and missions. He takes a more prominent role in the Chains of Promathia expansion pack and begins to develop his own version of the Jeuno airship. He also helps the adventurer work with Prishe and the others to try to intervene with Bahamut's assault. Cid is rugged and muscular in appearance. Cid is a recurring character in the Final Fantasy series, usually playing a very different role in each game.
In addition, in the on-going storyline centering around Chains of Promathia, Cid takes a prominent role in helping to invent airships, which gives him more of a link to previous Cids of other Final Fantasy worlds.
Cid has one known son by the name of Midras (a.k.a. "Junior" or "Mid"), who currently residences in Adoulin.
Quests & Missions[edit | edit source]
- Starts Quests
- Cid's Secret
- Dark Puppet
- Shoot First, Ask Questions Later
- Involved in Missions
- Bastok Mission 1-2: A Geological Survey
- Bastok Mission 2-1: The Crystal Line
- Bastok Mission 5-1: Darkness Rising
- Bastok Mission 5-2: Xarcabard, Land of Truths
- Bastok Mission 7-1: The Final Image
- Bastok Mission 9-2: Where Two Paths Converge
- Promathia Mission 1-3: The Mothercrystals
- Promathia Mission 3-1: Call of the Wyrmking
- Promathia Mission 3-4: Tending Aged Wounds
- Promathia Mission 5-1: The Enduring Tumult of War
- Promathia Mission 5-2: Desires of Emptiness
- Promathia Mission 5-3: Three Paths
- Promathia Mission 5-3: Tenzen's Path
- Promathia Mission 5-3: Ulmia's Path
- Promathia Mission 5-3: Louverance's Path
- Promathia Mission 6-3: More Questions Than Answers
- Promathia Mission 7-3: Fire in the Eyes of Men
- Promathia Mission 7-4: Calm Before the Storm
- Promathia Mission 8-4: Dawn
- Involved in Quests
- Hyper Active
Other appearances[edit | edit source]
Cid appears in Final Fantasy Trading Card Game as Wind- and Fire-elemental Backup cards.
Cid appears on a Triple Triad card.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Cid is a recurring name in the Final Fantasy series. سيد (sîdi or sayyid), which means "lord" or "master".Cid is derived from the dialectal Arabic word