Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Chocolatte page!
Care to shop? I've got the goods! Choco-boco-ching!Chocolatte
Chocolatte is a character in World of Final Fantasy. She is Chocolina originating from Final Fantasy XIII-2, and is one of the four character representatives for the Final Fantasy XIII series, the other three being Lightning, Snow, and Serah (the latter appearing only in the Maxima version). She serves as a shopkeeper of the Chocolatte Mart, located in Nine Wood Hills.
Chocolatte appears in Nine Wood Hills after the twins are saved by Tama from their demise in the murkrift. Enna Kros ponders about Chocolatte's existence in Nine Wood Hills, remarking on the latter's experience with crossing dimensional planes.
- CV: Julie Nathanson / Seiko Ueda
- Age in Grymoire: Immeasurable
- Notes: Wears glasses just for show / Washes from world to world / Chocolatte Mart proprietor / Chocochick / Choco-boco-lina? / Choco-boco-ching!
- Hither and Thither
- A choco-gal with the habit of appearing in the most choco of places at the most choco of times. Has a whole bevy of different greetings for those who stop by her shop, only some of which make sense. It's all about the attitude, and not the content!
- She's also an extremely special case who has managed to retain her identity as she moves from world to world. The real mystery, of course, is deciding who the real Chocolatte is: the woman, or the chocochick on her head. ...What do you mean, it never crossed your mind?
- Choco-stential Crisis
- Chocolatte used to go by the name Chocolina. But when she found herself in a world without Sazh and Dajh, she began to question her own identity. If the people who named her didn't exist here, then wouldn't she, by extension, be unable to know for certain whether she was, in fact, herself?
- The more she considered it, the worse her existential crisis became...until the idea dawned on her to just become a new person. So voilà! New glasses, new name...totally different person, right?! Unfortunately, she has yet to fully convince the person who matters: herself.
- First World of Origin:
- FINAL FANTASY XIII-2
Chocolatte runs the Chocolatte Mart in Nine Wood Hills, located in its North Promenade. Is is the only permanent shop in the game where the player can buy regular items. As the story progresses, the Chocolatte Mart offers more items to sell. Items can be sold to Chocolatte for a quarter of the price when bought.
The player can take on Intervention Quests that center around Chocolatte.
"Prismelody: Chocobo / Wishes", features a medley arrangement of the Chocobo Theme mixed in with "FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 - Wishes -", alluding to Chocolatte's identity as Chocolina from Final Fantasy XIII-2.
The following is a list of quotes uttered by Chocolatte when shopping at the Chocolatte Mart:
- Welcome to the Chocolatte Mart! (Said after any of the introductory lines below.)
- Come on by if you ever need anything.
- Step right up!
- Morning, noon, and brunch, I'm there with a choco-smile!
- ♪ Super Cross Dimensional... Salesgirl.
- So? How's your trip going?
- You can't spell "the cool cat" without Chocolatte!
- The best is yet in store! Might even be in my store.
- I'm here rain or shine, snowstorm or spearstorm!
- Different than usual? Don't be silly! I just decided to settle down.
- Oh. What's up?
- Guess who's got some brand-spanking new choco-stock!
- Have a fantabulous day!
- Choco-boco-bye now!
- Thank you!
Chocolatte is a portmanteau of "Choco"—short for "Chocobo"—and latte, a type of coffee made with espresso and hot steamed milk. Chocolatte is also the pronunciation for "chocolate" in Spanish.
食う / くう / kuu is a rough way to say "eat", whose volitional casual form is 食え / くえ / kue ("let's scoff 'em down!"), leading to Kweh!