The Chocobo is a species of enemy in Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift. They come in many different variants, most with their own special abilities.
Their Chocobo Wiles skillset contains a variety of offensive and supportive skills, which be used by the moogle job Chocobo Knight, which can ride chocobos. To do this, a chocobo must be in critical health and unaffected by any buffs (such as Berserk) or debuffs. The Chocobo Knight is required to move to a tile adjacent to the wounded chocobo and select the Mount command.
The different breeds of chocobo appear in different regions at different parts of the year, but each breed can also appear randomly in the mission "Seeding the Harvest".
- Chocobo (yellow)
A bird-like creature with a pleasant temperament. Its choco cure can mend the wounds of its allies.
- Can be found in Targ Wood during Greenfire, which is the month following Skyfrost, or in Goug during Ashleaf and Skyfrost, which are the months following Silversun and Blackfrost, respectively.
- Red Chocobo
The red-plumed chocobo rains destruction from the skies with its choco meteor.
- Can be found in Kthili Sands during the month of Ashleaf, which is the month following Silversun.
- Black Chocobo
The black-plumed chocobo is the only variety capable of flight.
- Can be found in the Galerria Deep during the month of Coppersun, which is the month following Rosefire, or in Rupie Mountains during the month of Greenfire.
- Green Chocobo
The green-plumbed chocobo removes ailments from its allies using choco esuna.
- Can be found in Zedlei Forest during the month of Greenfire, the month following Skyfrost, or the month of Goldsun which follows after Coppersun.
- Brown Chocobo
The brown-plumed chocobo protects the flock with its choco guard.
- Can be found in Aldanna Range during the 1st of Greenfire, which is the month following Skyfrost.
- White Chocobo
The white-plumed chocobo restores magickal power with its choco recharge.
- Can be found in the Rupie Mountains during Greenfire, which is the month following Skyfrost.
|Chocobo||4||3||5||50||Water, Lightning, Holy||—||—||—|
|Red Chocobo||4||3||5||55||Water, Lightning, Holy||—||—||—|
|Black Chocobo||4||1*||5||55||Water, Lightning, Holy||—||—||—|
|Green Chocobo||6||3||5||60||Water, Lightning, Holy||—||—||—|
|Brown Chocobo||4||3||5||60||Water, Lightning, Holy||—||—||—|
|White Chocobo||5||3||5||60||Water, Lightning, Holy||—||—||—|
*The black chocobo is a flying unit, so its Jump stat is irrelevant.
The color of the chocobo's plumage hints at its powers.
|Choco Cure||8||Adjacent tiles||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Choco Esuna||8||Adjacent tiles||No||No||No||Yes||No||No|
|Deals Fire damage to one enemy, ignoring Defense rating.|
|Deals heavy area damage.|
|Deal damage to one foe.|
|Choco Guard||10||Adjacent tiles||No||No||No||No||Yes||No|
|Bestows Regen and increases Defense and Magick Resistance.|
|Choco Barrier||8||Adjacent tiles||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Bestows Protect and Shell.|
食う / くう / kuu is a rough way to say "eat", whose volitional casual form is 食え / くえ / kue ("let's scoff 'em down!"), leading to Kweh!