Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Cecil (World of Final Fantasy) page!
Cecil is a minor character in World of Final Fantasy Maxima. He is a Grymoirian incarnation of Cecil Harvey originating from Final Fantasy IV, and is one of the two character representatives of that game, the other being Rydia.
Cecil appears only after the game's main storyline, specifically in the events of two Intervention Quests.
- CV: Yuri Lowenthal / Shiduma Hodoshima [sic] Shizuma
- Age in Grymoire: 20
- Notes: Paladin / On a quest to save someone dear to him / Hails from the legendary land of Baron
- Search for the Night Queen
- Cecil is a traveller who possesses a noble aura and is highly attuned to the energy of the moon. He is on a quest to find a desert flower called the Night Queen, which he needs to cure his comrade of sunstroke. Though usually calm and collected, Cecil becomes agitated and reckless when a person named Rosa is involved. His care and concern for Rosa leads him to rush back to her after finding the Night Queen, but the sunstroke victim she has been caring for may have actually preferred for him to take his time...
- Exemplary Paladin
- Cecil also appears in Zack's episode. Called upon by Edgar to return an earlier favor, Cecil suddenly finds himself in a fierce battle against a rampaging Zack. That a lesser swordsman than Cecil may have been instantly slain by Zack in his maddened state is a testament to Edgar's situational awareness, but that is small consolation for Cecil himself. However, being the noble exemplar that he is, Cecil will no doubt continue to assist Edgar in the future, and do so gladly.
- First World of Origin:
- FINAL FANTASY IV
The player can take on an Intervention Quest that centers around Cecil.
Cecil also appears in the following Intervention Quest.
Completing the Intervention Quest Bloom in the Moonlight unlocks Cecil's Champion Jewel, which can be bought at The Girl's Tearoom for two Arma Gems. Equipping this Mirajewel on Lann makes him take on the appearance of Cecil, and inherits the abilities Guard and SOS Regen.
An arrangement of "Battle 2" plays when Lann is equipped with Cecil's Champion Jewel. The player may also select this theme as the background music for battles from the Config section of the main menu, labeled as "Champion Theme: Cecil".
"Cecil" is a unisex name, derived from the elements caecus, meaning blind, and sextus, meaning sixth. Caecilius (Latin), Seissylt (Welsh), and Sextilius (Latin) are original forms of Cecil. In the medieval period, Cecil was sometimes used as an English form of the Latin Caecilius. The third century Saint Caecilius converted Saint Cyprian, who subsequently adopted Caecilius as an additional name. The name Cecilia is the female form of Cecil.