Enough expository banter!
- Please sign and date your posts by typing four tildes (
~~~~) or five in a talk bubble.
- Put new text under old text. Click here to start a new topic.
- Please read our Conduct guideline. In a nutshell: be polite, assume good faith.
- For general non-wiki discussion on this topic, feel free to discuss on Discord or Discussions.
Isn't this a bit redundant? I mean, given that this is the Final Fantasy wiki, can't we sort of assume that all articles contained within are going to be Final Fantasy-related? I guess I just don't see the point of a category that includes everything. For navigational purposes, we have the [[Final Fantasy:Browse|Browse]] page, after all.... – Seancdaug 21:31, 30 Nov 2005 (UTC)
Can we make "Category:Final Fantasy" be the category for FFI, and then move everything here pertaining to the series to a new category at "Category:Final Fantasy Series". Our articles match this, Final Fantasy being unappended. 184.108.40.206 20:41, December 5, 2011 (UTC)
- I've decided I'm going to do it regardless of the lack of response. It makes sense and makes things easier. 220.127.116.11 15:01, December 7, 2011 (UTC)
Specific appearance abilities and items categories Edit
Do we need things like Category:Crisis Core -Final Fantasy VII- Enemy Abilities, or Category:Final Fantasy V Blue Magic? I seriously think we don't, these categories are made redundant by their lists and rarely updated properly. Also, they're categories for recurring subject pages, where the sole subject of those pages should be them as a recurring subject, not as a single thing. Anyone have a problem with me removing?-- Technobliterator TC 11:43, January 24, 2016 (UTC)
- Well what's the harm with them? FFV Blue Magics category doesn't need updating, it's not like they're adding new Blue Magics to that game anymore. ?_? Having specific categories seems good on the surface at least.Keltainentoukokuu (talk) 14:07, January 24, 2016 (UTC)
- They're very inconsistent. We have categories for things like Final Fantasy VII Abilities, which may or may not include all the abilities from that game, and then don't for, say, Final Fantasy Record Keeper Abilities. It's stupidly hard to maintain and it's just a redundancy. Also, it's important to mention that according to browsing stats, categories are essentially not being used as navigation at all, in favour of links on pages and navboxes. Something like less than a percentage of navigation is done that way.-- Technobliterator TC 16:48, January 24, 2016 (UTC)