Quests[edit | edit source]
Story Cutscenes[edit | edit source]
The Wandering Gambler:
It is recommended that you clear Ch. 5: Palace of Malitia before playing.
- ???: Well, what do we have here?
- ???: Grasslands as far as the eye can see and not a casino or pub in sight. Wish there was at least a beautiful lady to keep me company.
- ???: If only I had my airship.
- Mog: Kupo! I can sense the light coming from that man!
- Terra: Setzer!?
- Setzer: Heh, wasn't expecting to run into you guys here.
- Shadow: Setzer, you too? How long have you been in this world?
- Setzer: What do you mean "this world"?
- Shadow: This moogle knows more about it than I do. He can fill you in.
- Mog: Leave it to me, kupo!
- Setzer: Whew... Sounds like I've gotten myself in a real mess this time.
- Setzer: And you say you want me to help you save the world?
- Hope: That's right.
- Terra: The world will be destroyed if we don't do something. Setzer, please come with us.
- Setzer: Thanks, but no thanks.
- Mog: Kupo!? Why?
- Setzer: No casinos, no pubs... There's nothing to live for here, so why risk my life?
- Mog: Awww, kupo...
- Setzer: I'm a wandering gambler. I do what I want, going wherever the wind takes me.
- Shadow: Hmph. You never change, even if the world does.
- Setzer: Life is a series of gambles. You've gotta go with your gut.
- Setzer: I just want to be the one who rolls the dice.
- Mog: Why do you have to be so difficult, kupo?
- Setzer: Well, good luck with that saving the world thing. Who knows? Maybe we'll meet again one day.
- Terra: Setzer...
- Hope: What a mysterious person. Are you sure we can trust him?
- Shadow: He would no doubt be an excellent addition to our cause.
- Shadow: Perhaps an airship really could tilt things in our favor.
Why We Fight:
- ???: Well, I'm impressed.
- Setzer: I watched you take care of those monsters.
- Mog: You're back, kupo! It's nice to see you again!
- Warrior of Light: Setzer, was it? Have you decided to accept our proposal?
- Setzer: Not quite. I'm just trying to figure something out.
- Hope: What do you mean?
- Setzer: Why do you fight? What are you risking your lives for?
- Setzer: There's not a single town or person in this world. Nothing here's worth fighting for.
- Warrior of Light: We are no different from you—warriors from another world.
- Warrior of Light: Naturally, we all have homes we must return to and dreams yet to be fulfilled. Surely that is worth fighting for.
- Setzer: Chasing after your dreams, huh?
- Yuffie: Exactly! Take me for example. My dream's to one day steal enough treasure to restore glory to my village!
- Vivi: When I get home, I wanna go to the theater and watch plays every day.
- Hope: No matter what happens, I can't let myself give up—for the sake of my friends and for myself as well. I'm using this opportunity to get stronger.
- Warrior of Light: We continue our journey because each of us has something we're looking to accomplish. Is that not enough?
- Setzer: All right, you've got me.
- Setzer: I mean, why not? Consider my life a chip in your pile.
- Terra: Do you mean...!?
- Setzer: What you said reminded me that I still have a dream like no other. I was a fool.
- Setzer: Sitting around isn't gonna solve anything. You know, sometimes you've just gotta roll the dice and hope for the best.
- Yuffie: I didn't even get half of that, but you sounded cool to me!
- Setzer: I'm a gambler. Deception is but one of my many talents. I'll show you just how rewarding my skills can be in battle.
- Warrior of Light: We are counting on you.
- Hope: Yeah, we really appreciate the help.
- Mog: Thanks, everybody, for getting him onboard, kupo!
- Setzer: I can't wait. What could be more exciting than gambling with your own life?
- Hope: It looks like we've sealed all the Torsions in this area.
- Sazh: Then let's fly outta here!
- Vaan: Hey Sazh, let me take a turn at the wheel for once!
- Sazh: Not in a million years, kid.
- Setzer: Hold up, old man.
- Sazh: Old man? You talkin' about me?
- Hope: Who else would he be talking about?
- Setzer: Did you just say "airship"? You have one?
- Sazh: Of course, I do! You're lookin' at the best pilot this world's ever seen.
- Sazh: Wh-what?
- Setzer: I thought you were just some guy in a strange getup from another world, but it looks like we're one and the same after all.
- Sazh: What do you mean "one and the same"?
- Vaan: Wait... Setzer, you're a pilot, too?
- Setzer: Captain of the Blackjack, my own personal airship and true love.
- Sazh: What, you too!?
- Hope: I thought you were a gambler, not a pilot.
- Setzer: Don't get me wrong. I do love gambling—to the point that I even built a casino on my airship.
- Setzer: But that's not my calling. What I want most is to be the fastest thing soaring across the wide blue yonder.
- Vaan: I know what you mean. One day, I want to be the greatest sky pirate there ever was!
- Sazh: There's nothing like flying, right!? Man, I'd love to hear some of your stories!
- Shadow: Looks like they really hit it off.
- Mog: I'm glad we're all friends now, kupo!
- Setzer: I'm sure I'll discover new revelations looking down from the clouds on what I once thought was a barren world.
- Setzer: All right, I've made up my mind. I'm going to become the fastest pilot in this world!
- Setzer: It doesn't matter where you are. If you're going to dream, dream big. Right, old man?
- Sazh: Now that's what I'm talkin' about!
- Vaan: Don't count me out yet! Come on, I challenge you to a race!
- Hope: I wish I had something that I could get excited about.
- Sazh: Hope, you're still young. You've got the rest of your life ahead of you to find something you enjoy.
- Hope: You're right. I'll remember that.
Spoilers end here.
Castles in the Sky Pt. 1[edit | edit source]
Castles in the Sky Pt. 2[edit | edit source]
Castles in the Sky Pt. 3[edit | edit source]
Castles in the Sky Pt. 4[edit | edit source]
Castles in the Sky Pt. 5[edit | edit source]
This section in Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia is empty or needs to be expanded. You can help the Final Fantasy Wiki by expanding it.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.