Business Division 1 (第1ビジネス・ディビジョン, Dai Ichi Bijinesu Dibijon?) was an internal development division within Square Enix. It was largely made up of the team behind the Final Fantasy XIII series of games and was formed in 2013 after an internal restructuring. It was meant to continue to put out "mainline" games within the Final Fantasy series. In the mid 2010s this unit began development of Final Fantasy VII Remake. In 2019, following another internal restructuring, Business Division 1 was merged with Business Division 3 and Business Division 4 to form Creative Business Unit I, which inherited all projects, including Final Fantasy VII Remake.
Final Fantasy games developed
- Final Fantasy XIII (PC release)
- Final Fantasy XIII-2 (PC release)
- Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII (PC release)
- Mobius Final Fantasy
- Final Fantasy VII Remake (in assosiation with CyberConnect2)
- Recruitment page (archived)