This... is for the fallen!Auron
Bushido (秘伝, Hiden?, lit. Secret Arts) is Auron's Overdrive in Final Fantasy X. The power of each technique is determined by inputting a button sequence within a time limit; if the sequence is unsuccessful, Auron will perform the standard move, but a successful input will add attack power and status effects to the move.
The faster the button sequence is entered, the more damage the Overdrive will deal. To obtain the four Overdrives, ten "Jecht spheres" need to be collected all over Spira.
- 1 List of Bushido skills
- 2 Other appearances
- 3 Non-Final Fantasy guest appearances
- 4 Gallery
- 5 Etymology
List of Bushido skills
Enter commands for lethal sword attack!Description
|Dragon Fang||Auron jumps into the air before plunging his blade into the ground, erupting explosions onto the opposition. Inflicts damage on all enemies. If button sequence input is successful, it delays the enemies' turn.||None||5|
|( in the International Version)|
|Shooting Star||Auron dashes onto the enemy, and performs a swift powerful blow onto the opponent. Inflicts heavy damage on one enemy. If button sequence input is successful, the enemy is ejected from the battlefield.||Defeat the Spherimorph||5|
|( in the International Version)|
|Banishing Blade||Auron takes a sip from his jug, and readies the latent powers of his sword, before unleashing them in a swing. Inflicts heavy damage on one enemy. If button sequence input is successful, he will enchant his blade upon spraying it with alcohol, causing Full Break on the opponent. The successful Banishing Blade input, alongside the Frag Grenade (whether by using or mixing), are the only two attacks in the game that have 100% chance of inflicting Armor Break.||Find and watch three Jecht Spheres||6|
|Tornado||Auron creates a tornado before launching it onto the opposition. Inflicts heavy damage on all enemies. If button sequence input is successful, enemies are damaged more heavily upon Auron igniting the tornado with his jug of alcohol. (Enemies are damaged twice in the International/PAL/HD versions.)||Find and watch ten Jecht Spheres||7|
Jecht sphere locations
- Jecht's Sphere 1: The first Jecht sphere is received at Macalania Woods after defeating the Spherimorph, unlocking all other Jecht spheres. It shows Braska's party leaving Bevelle. Jecht is carefree and wants a parade, and has purchased the movie sphere to show to Tidus after the pilgrimage. Another scene shows Jecht posing with the Macalania Travel Agency's sign. The last part is set at the pool in Macalania Woods where Jecht left it, and shows Jecht attempting to record a message to Tidus, showing he has matured and accepted he is not returning to his Zanarkand.
- Jecht's Sphere 2: Found in the Macalania Woods, in South area. Braska visits Jecht in prison and invites him to join the pilgrimage as a guardian.
- Jecht's Sphere 3: Found to the right of the temple at Besaid Village. Braska asks Auron to bring Yuna to Besaid after the pilgrimage.
- Jecht's Sphere 4: Found on the S.S. Liki on the route between Kilika and Besaid in the captain's room. Braska, Jecht and Auron discuss Zanarkand.
- Jecht's Sphere 5: Found in the hallway outside the Aurochs' locker room in Luca. Jecht, Braska and Auron talk about a blitzball match, as Jecht wonders about Tidus.
- Jecht's Sphere 6: Found on the Mi'ihen Highroad, in Oldroad, South. Jecht is eager to fight the Chocobo Eater (mirroring Tidus earlier). The outcome of the battle is unknown, though Jecht says that battling the Chocobo Eater is the right thing to do; Auron said that Jecht saying those words never ended well for him or Braska.
- Jecht's Sphere 7: Found at the Moonflow, South Wharf. Auron berates Jecht after he attacked a shoopuf. Jecht vows to quit drinking.
- Jecht's Sphere 8: Found at the Thunder Plains, near the right tower in the center of the South area. Auron films Braska and Jecht on the plains. Jecht is struck by lightning.
- What counts for the 9th and 10th Jecht's spheres
- Auron's Sphere: Found at the Mushroom Rock Road, on the cliff edge near the main lift. Auron says farewell to Wen Kinoc shortly before leaving with Braska.
- Braska's Sphere: Found on Mt. Gagazet on a side road on Mountain Trail. Braska's final message to Yuna. This one is collected as part of the storyline, making it Sphere #3 when viewed in that manner.
Auron uses his Bushido Overdrive skills when summoned as a Legend. In addition, players can obtain some of his Bushido skills to use in battle.
- Ability Cards
- Legend Cards
Auron uses his Bushido Overdrives as his unique Soul Breaks. They can be obtained from several rare katanas native to Final Fantasy X.
Non-Final Fantasy guest appearances
Bushido is Auron's Limit in Kingdom Hearts II. Appropriately titled Overdrive, Auron attacks the enemies around Sora using Shooting Star and Banishing Blade, and finishes with Spiral, which resembles Tornado (minus the flames). Dragon Fang is the only Final Fantasy X Overdrive ability he does not borrow. Banishing Blade appears to based more on Dragon Fang in both its appearance and execution.
Auron is depicted as performing Banishing Blade in his art.
Bushidō, literally "the way of the warrior", is a Japanese word for the way of the samurai life, loosely analogous to the concept of chivalry. It originates from the samurai moral code stressing frugality, loyalty, martial arts mastery, and honor unto death.
Samurai is Auron's primary character class.