The Burn is a dungeon in Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood, released in patch 4.4 as part of the Main Scenario.
En route to Garlemald, Alphinaud made a final linkpearl call to Thancred before falling silent. During the one-sided and distorted communication, he is said to have spoken the words “The Burn”—the name of the vast wasteland on the western edge of Othard. Once a verdant region teeming with flora and fauna, repeated summonings saw it bled of aether and reduced to a barren desert. But even in an unforgiving environment such as this, life has endured. In a fierce struggle for what little aether yet remains, the Burn’s beastly denizens have grown uncommonly savage, and you and your comrades must contend with their dangerous ilk as you scour its white sands for Alphinaud’s trail.in game description
- Arrive in the Scorpions Den
- Clear the Scorpions Den
- Arrive in the Gamma Segregate
- Clear the Gamma Segregate
- Arrive in the Aspersory
- Defeat the mist dragon
The Bleached Shelf
The Adventurer is separated from the rest of the search party due to the storm and has to travel on foot until the storm passes. The party finds numerous enemies and falling boulders on their trek through the charred cliffside.
Further down the ridgeline a path opens up and the party slides down into a cavern and through a waterfall of sand known as Whitelick Falls.
The Scorpions Den
The party arrives in The Scorpions Den and faces off against the deadly scorpion: Hedetet
- Crystal Needle- Tankbuster.
- Hailfire-A single party member will be targeted with a red marker, and then they will have a line AoE fired at them.
- Rockpillar-If any AoE attacks from the boss hits the rock they will explode.
- Shardfall-Arena wide AoE, players need to hide behind the crystals to avoid damage.
- Dissonance-Raid wide AoE, the only safe spot is directly under the boss.
- Shardstrike-Circular AoE's that target all party members.
After defeating Hedetet the party finds a tunnel of Allagan design stumbling on Allagan defensive constructs.
A rocky tunnel where a pack of Cobylns dwell.
The Gamma Segregate
Arriving in the Gamma Segregate is a box like area where a Defective Drone blocks the path forward.
- Aetherochemical Flame- Arena wide magic attack.
- Aetherochemical Residue- The boss will target a random player and leave a puddle that gives players heavy.
- Full Throttle- The boss will leave the stage and come back with smaller similar drones and rush across the platform. The only safe zone is in the lane straight in front of the malfunctioning one.
- Aetherochemical Coil- Tank buster.
Near the end of the fight the boss will summon rockbiters that appear outside the arena and dash in. And the boss will summon a Allagan Dreadnaught that needs to be taken by the tank.
Leaving the ruins the party arrives in The Blacklands, and comes across the corpse of The First Worm. Defeating worms and other creatures of the desert, the party traverses the sands and comes across the Aspersory.
The Mist Dragon defends this domain, a boss that first appeared in Final Fantasy IV. This boss will attack players with Ice abilities and disappear into the mist to throw off players.
- Frost Breath-A player will be marked with a blue marker and will be the boss will turn to breath ice at them leaving ice puddles and affecting players caught in it with frostbite.
- Rime Wreath-Arena Wide damage.
- Fog Plume-A random player will be marked with a red marker, and a star marked AoE will appear, and form lines that players will have to avoid.
- Vaporize-The boss goes to the center of the arena and turns into mist.
- Cold Fog- After the boss turns into mist he will cast a growing AoE, and three dragon heads will need to be defeated for the AoE to stop growing.
- Deep Fog- A deep fog will cover the arena and the boss will disappear, he will fly across the arena twice freezing any player in his path.
- Touchdown- After the fog leaves, the boss will target a random player and place a proximity marker, players will need to move from it or take massive damage.
- Charred Luminaire
- Desert Desman
- Dancing Marionette
- Charred Dreadnaught
- Charred Drone
- Charred Droid
- Charred Paladin
- Charred Coblyn
- Charred Doblyn
- Defective Drone
- Repurposed Dreadnaught
- Veiled Gigaworm
- Gigaworm Stalker
- Worm Stalker
- Mist Dragon
The dungeon's musical theme 'A Land Long Dead' is a remix of 'Penitus', the theme for the Praetorium, alluding to the true nature of the character 'Shadowhunter' that was met by Alphinaud in this area.