Oh, shut up and help me remodel the Bravely Default: Praying Brage page!
Bravely Default: Praying Brage is a free-to-play web browser game in the Bravely series that started its open beta phase on November 1, 2012. The game is set 200 years after the events of Bravely Default. The game will end its service on April 24, 2019.
The game employs a job system similar to Bravely Default. The player begins by pledging allegiance to one of the four Crystal Maidens.
Jobs can be crafted together. For example, Spell Fencer can be obtained by crafting Knight with Black Mage; Red Mage can be obtained by crafting Black Mage with White Mage.
The game is set on the land of Luxendarc (ルクセンダル, Rukusendaru?). There are four floating continents: Island of the Fire Maiden, Ignis (火の巫女島イグニース, Hi no Miko Jima Igunīsu?), Island of the Water Maiden, Odina (水の巫女島オンディーナ, Mizu no Miko Jima Ondīna?), Island of the Wind Maiden, Windan (風の巫女島ウィンダーン, Kaze no Miko Jima Windān?), Island of the Earth Maiden, Petorania (土の巫女島ペトラニア, Tsuchi no Miko Jima Petorania?).
- Edea Lee Oblige (イデア・リー・オブリージュ, Idea Rī Oburīju?) — The ruler of Windan, Edea became the current wind vestal to find her friend and predecessor Agnès Oblige.
- Iglia Ningva Oblige (イグリア・ニングヴァ・オブリージュ, Iguria Ninguva Oburīju?) — The fire vestal and ruler of Ignis.
- Curie Oblige (キューリ・オブリージュ, Kyūri Oburīju?) — The water vestal and ruler of Ondina.
- Lilia DeRosso Oblige (リリア・ド・ロッソ・オブリージュ, Riria Rosso Oburīju?) — The earth vestal and ruler of Petorania. She may have been created by Victor S. Court from the sample of Lord DeRosso's hair that he had received in Bravely Default.
- Roanne Crystallia the 5th (ロアンヌ・クリスタリア5世, Roannu Kurisutaria 5?) — The young archbishop who played a pivotal role in creating Crystalica and encouraged the artificial production of crystals while also implementing the Obelisk system of collecting fragments. She is worshiped as a "Saint of Salvation" and possesses a high level of influence in political matters.
- Ivybeth Blige (アイヴィーベス, Aivībesu?)
- Maya (マイア, Maia?) — Appears in the prologue.
- Celaeno (ケライノー, Kerainō?) — Appears in the prologue.
- Airy (エアリー, Earī?) — Teaches the player about the game.
Set two hundred years after the catastrophe that occurred in Bravely Default, the ocean to the south of Luxendarc was evaporated by the Holy Pillar caused by "the one who brings about apocalypse" (終焉を招く者, Shūen wo maneku mono?). The four Crystals, as well as their temples, were shattered and scattered throughout the Luxendarc in the form of thick thunder clouds which blocked out the sun leading to the "decade of blackening rains and roaring thunder" (黒雨と轟雷の十年, Kuroame to gōrai no Jūnen?). Those who survived abandoned the flatlands.
In the present, the world continues to decay. The lands continue separating from the surface slowly rising into the skies and disintegrating in the upper atmosphere. First it had been the cliffs to the west of Florem, then the northern part of Eisenberg. Over the next hundred years four plains, eight highlands, three oceans and two continents floated into the skies and disintegrated.
Fifty years prior to the game, an organization proclaiming to be of the Crystal Orthodoxy, landed on the rising continent. They gathered the crystal fragments and buried a crystal piece (クリスタル塊, Kurisutarukai?) they had crystallized with the power of prayer within the continent. The continent ceased to rise, coming to a halt above the thunderclouds covering the lands. This place became known as Crystalica (クリスタリカ, Kurisutarika?). The organization traveled by airship to the high lands where people had gathered and brought them to Crystalica, saving them from Luxendarc's end.
Crystalica gave birth to a society revolving around the Crystal Faith. A method for artificially producing crystal, "the law of the crystal" (造晶の法, Zōshō no Hō?) was created and the decline of the crystal power within Crystalica was prevented. The invention of the Anchor Obelisk (アンカーオベリスク, Ankā Oberisuku?) allowed for the efficient collection of crystal fragments from rising continents and the religious organization buried a crystal piece within four other floating continents and appointed four vestals to govern them.
The soundtracks from Bravely Default are used.
The game is developed by NHN Game, the developer behind Piccoto Knights for the PlayStation Vita. The first trailer was released on October 24, 2012.
With regards to connectivity with Bravely Default, participating in the open beta for Praying Brage unlocked a prayer costume for Edea Lee in Bravely Default.