Are you bound by fate?
Bravely Archive, formerly known as Bravely Archive: D's Report, is an Android/iOS free-to-play game developed by Square Enix. Archive was set in a reimagined world of Luxendarc and tells an alternative story where things go a bit differently than they were originally planned. The main protagonist is a new librarian whose mission is to gather memories from sealed crystals and return their knowledge to The Library. During the journey, the player meets new and familiar faces from earlier entries within the Bravely series. The game ended its service on October 23, 2017 in Japan. Despite its end of service in Japan, the game has debuted in Australia and other regions. However, due to maintenance concerns, Square Enix has announced an August 29, 2019 termination of service. It has since been delisted from all app stores.
The game features a "Hold & Swipe" battle system where holding a finger on the character icon revealed its abilities such as attack, magic and defend. Similar to the previous Bravely games, there were a large variety of jobs to choose from, each having unique abilities and skills.
Players can through dungeon-like areas that contain familiar enemies from Bravely Default and Bravely Default: Praying Brage. The objectives of the dungeons varied from clearing all of the enemies within it, defeating the boss or managing to collect all the treasures. Players moved through the dungeon by tapping on the visible platforms, moving from platform to platform until the player reaches the boss, defeats it and subsequently gathers the crystal from the area.
During battle, players were allowed to swipe up, down, left and right to issue attack orders to their party of characters. Swiping upwards induced an upper attack which raised the enemy into the air, allowing players the opportunity to induce twice the damage by swiping downwards, thereby slamming the enemy from the air into the ground. The higher the enemy is lifted, the more damage is done upon slamming them from the air. Prevailing jobs included sword-users, spear-users, dagger-users and stave-users. Some characters also possessed healing abilities. By double-tapping a character's portrait in battle, players were allowed the function of that character's special ability, targeting either a single enemy or multiple enemies. Players could also utilize an auto-battle option during battle.
There was also an option for players to purchase crystals with cash, allowing the ability to redeem a new character for 15 crystals, replenish travel points for 5 crystals or gain additional character slots for 10 crystals. On September 4th, after the game had announced termination; the amount of crystals required for redeeming characters was reduced to 1 crystal, to make up for the closure of the store.
The game currently features 160 obtainable characters.
- Protagonist - Male Keeper assigned to the Anastasis Library by Dahlia.
- Dahlia Mirchstrasse (ダリア・ミルヒシュトラーセ, Daria Miruhishutorāse?) - Librarian tasked with gathering memories from sealed crystals.
- Director Gorges (フランク・ゴルージュ, Furanku Gorūju?) - The director of Anastasis Library.
- Charia Pantanora (チャリア・パンタノーラ, Charia Pantanōra?) - A carefree librarian who enjoys drinking.
- Vivian Olmet (ビビアン・オルメット, Bibian Orumetto?) - A young librarian who looks up to Daria. She has poor people skills and dislikes eggplant.
- Dmitri Dotnova (ドミトリ・ドットノーヴァ, Domitori Dottonōva?) - A Crystal Broker and Ritchie's older brother. He dotes on Ritchie and is described as having a "sister complex".
- Riche Dotnova (リーチェ・ドットノーヴァ, Rīche Dottonōva?) - A Crystal Broker and Dimitri's younger sister.
- Leti Redith (レティ・レディース, Reti Redīsu?) - A librarian at the Anastasis Library who rarely shows up to work. Her true identity is Tiare (ティアーレ, Tiāre?), an alchemist who was once rumored to have created an immortality elixir.
- Katarina (カテリナ, Katerina?) - A young girl who lost her home and family to war. She appears at the Anastasis library with the cryst-fairy Noin.
- Noin (ノイン, Noin?) - A cryst-fairy who travels with Katarina. The twin sister of Ain. Manipulated Katarina to destroy world boundaries, causing irreparable damage to her body.
- Ain (アイン, Ain?) - A cryst-fairy who is the twin sister of Noin. Forms a contact with Katarina after Noin is defeated to save her life.
It was a few hundred years ago that the evil dragon Garganthos tried to end humanity, but was defeated after a long, fierce battle. Garganthos was concealed in a huge crystal, called an "Archive," that controlled and bound the people's fate.
But one day, the Archive slammed into the center of the continent of Luxendarc and the fragments of the Archive scattered across the world.An institution known as the Anastasis Library was founded to collect and study these mysterious crystals. But another group, called the Breakers, emerged to disrupt those efforts...
The producer of Bravley Archive: D's Report is Ishii Ryoutarou who is also known for producing Grimm's Notes and Dia Horizon, also properties of Square Enix. His twitter handle is @ishryot, where he occasionally comments on the production of Bravely Archive. The second producer is Yamanaka Jouji, who is also a producer of Bravely Default: Fairy's Effect.
The soundtrack was composed by Revo, using original tracks from Bravely Default.
- Official English site
- English Google Play Store Purchase Page
- Official Japanese Twitter Page
- Official Facebook Page