Braegh is a Rank IV Mark in Final Fantasy XII. The hunt becomes available after felling Judge Bergan at Mt Bur-Omisace. Braegh is fought in at the dead-end in Corridor of Ages area of the Salikawood near the Necrohol of Nabudis; to get to this area the player must defeat King Bomb in the Grand Bower.
Clan Primer Edit
Hunt 19: Rodeo to the Death Edit
- Petitioner: Va'Kansa
- Petitioner's Location: Mosphoran Highwaste
- Saw bill posted for the hunting of the Braegh (Rank IV). The petitioner is Va'Kansa in the Babbling Vale in the Mosphoran Highwaste.
- Hunt accepted. Va'Kansa says he was attacked by the Braegh in the Salikawood on his way to do business on the Phon Coast, and was separated from his traveling companion. The Braegh is to be found in the Salikawood.
- Braegh defeated! Report to Va'Kansa in the Babbling Vale in the Mosphoran Highwaste.
- Hunt reported to Va'Kansa. However, the merchant remains petrified of the Salikawood, and will probably never make the journey to the Phon Coast again.
Bestiary entry Edit
Fearsome Stallion burning bright, in the Jungle of the Night! It is thought this fell Equine was created when Lightning struck a Nightmare, lodging a Lightning Elemental within its Form. Its supple, metallic Hide is a fantastic Material, being at once both Flexible and Hard. Recent incidents involving Attacks upon trading Caravans led one Victim to post a Bill for this Mark.
|Thundara||HP >20% when opponent is close (25%)|
HP <20% when opponent is close (50%)
When opponent is far (50%)
|Bleed||Use all battle (25%)|
|Immobilizega||Use all battle (5%)|
|Berserk||Use all battle (5%)|
|Invert||Use all battle (5%)|
HP <50% when struck with magick; use on closest opponent (100%)
|Rush||HP >20% (50%)|
|Snake Lash||HP >20% (50%)|
|Magick Wall||When HP <50%|
|Magick CT0||When HP <20%|
Braegh is vulnerable to ice magic. Its Invert skill can be reflected. If it uses Invert that is being reflected back onto it, it will be left with less than 999 HP.
The Nihopalaoa + Remedy combo works best, rendering the mark almost inoffensive. Even without this method, one or two melee units equipped with Icebrands (or Tridents) accompanied by Berserk and Haste will kill this mark quickly.
Buffing the party with Reflect may be a good idea. If the player has the Esper Cúchulainn, he can be summoned instead, since he starts with the Reflect status and cause Braegh to cast Invert on itself, leaving it with less than 999 HP.
"Braegh", despite its misleading spelling, is pronounced "buh-rai", and is a portmanteau of the Japanese word for thunder rai, and the Hindi word for evil, burai.