Final Fantasy Wiki
Advertisement
Final Fantasy Wiki

Bowline Sash is an accessory in Final Fantasy XII that makes the wearer immune to Confuse, and in the Zodiac versions also provides +2 to Magick Power.

Obtain[]

Original[]

In the original PlayStation 2 versions, the Bowline Sash is sold for 1,000 gil in Old Archades, and is also a rare steal from the Preying Mantis.

Zodiac[]

In the updated Zodiac versions, the Bowline Sash is bought for 1,000 gil from Mt Bur-Omisace, Mosphoran Highwaste (after defeating Judge Bergan), Phon Coast, Balfonheim Port and the "secret shop" in Necrohol of Nabudis.

It is found in a treasure in Barheim Passage's West Annex (90% chance to appear, 50% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is the Bowline Sash without the Diamond Armlet), Phon Coast's The Reseta Strand (75% chance to appear, 50% chance for gil, 50% chance the treasure is the Bowline Sash without the Diamond Armlet), Tchita Uplands' The Lost Way (30% chance to appear, 70% chance for gil, 50% chance the treasure is the Bowline Sash without the Diamond Armlet), Pharos - Second Ascent's Station of Banishment (75% chance to appear, 40% chance for gil, 50% chance the treasure is the Bowline Sash without the Diamond Armlet), and Nabreus Deadlands' Lifeless Strand (75% chance to appear, 50% chance for gil, 50% chance the treasure is the Bowline Sash without the Diamond Armlet), as well as Trial Mode stages 48 and 85 with the Diamond Armlet equipped.

It is still a rare steal from the Preying Mantis, and now also from the Onion Queen in Trial Mode Stage 27.

Use[]

The Bowline Sash makes the wearer immune to Confuse, which makes the afflicted randomly target allies. Confused characters cannot act as a party leader or perform Quickenings. An alternative to Bowline Sash would be to set up gambits for Nu Khai Sand or Esuna, or Ally:Confuse → Attack (such as with a measure for a weapon), but the danger with Confuse is that the afflicted cannot heal themselves. Ribbons also make the Bowline Sash redundant as they protect against all status ailments, but are also available late into the game. Bowline Sash is useful against enemies that use Confuse on someone who has gambits to them heal the others.