Behemoths are ferocious beasts that are considered a rare sight in modern day Vana'diel, though a number of them were once used in the Orcish attack on Tavnazia during the Crystal War. Behemoths typically require a large party to defeat and are capable of attacking from multiple directions. They are known to have an affinity with the thunder element and are most feared for their use of the devastating magic spell Meteor.
All Behemoths are either Notorious Monsters or encountered only in battlefields.
Variants[edit | edit source]
- Elasmoth - Sub-species of Behemoth first encountered in Abyssea.
- Skormoth - Sub-species of Behemoth first encountered in Skirmish (Outer Ra'Kaznar).
Special abilities[edit | edit source]
- Flame Armor: Blaze Spikes effect.
- Howl: Warcry effect.
- Kick Out: Heavy conal damage. Only used when attacking with its tail.
- Shock Wave: Conal damage and Knockback.
- Thunderbolt: Wide-ranged AoE Lightning damage and Stun.
- Wild Horn: Conal damage.
- Accursed Armor: Curse Spikes effect. Temporarily prevents Cure on afflicted characters. (Elasmoth only)
- Amnesic Blast: Single target damage that inflicts Amnesia. Goes through and strips shadows. (Elasmoth only)
- Ecliptic Meteor: Small-ranged heavy AoE damage. Inflicts Paralyze and Bio. (Elasmoth only)
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Behemoth is a beast mentioned in Job 40:15–24. In addition to mythological creatures, it is likened to dinosaurs, especially sauropods, as well as hippos, rhinos, and bison. Metaphorically, the term behemoth denotes "an extremely large or powerful entity".