A young man who appears in the tales from another world, where he hailed from the village of Lix and was involved in the war of the Crystals. His father's last wish was for Bartz to travel the world, and thus he roams, from one land to the next with his chocobo, Boko. In the course of this wandering, he sees a meteorite fall from the sky and strike Tycoon. Following its path, he meets the princess Lenna, and Galuf, an old man who has lost his memories. This is how his true adventure begins. Using the skills that his father, Dorgann, passed on to him, he defeated many strong foes...though he cannot defeat his childhood fear of heights so easily.
Bartz is a 3-6★ Rare Summon, whose job is listed as Adventurer, and whose role is Physical Damage, although he has some Support abilities as well. He originally could awaken only up to 5★, but received a new form for the Final Fantasy V exploration event The Big Bridge (which originally ran in November 2016). His Trust Master reward is the passive ability Doublehand, which increases the equipped unit's equipment ATK by 50% and acuracy +25% when single wielding a one-handed weapon.
His awakening materials are the following:
- 4★: Beast Meat x25, Esper Cryst x15, Seed of Life x10, Earth's Core x5, Sacred Crystal x5
- 5★: Seed of Life x20, Earth's Core x10, Sacred Crystal x10, Spiritsand x5, Holy Crystal x5
- 6★: Prismatic Horn x20, Fairies' Writ x10, Rainbow Bloom x10, Calamity Gem x5, Divine Crystal x5
Bartz's stats at his highest levels are as follows (with no passive abilities taken into account), along with the maximum amount of stat points that can be increased through pot-enhancements:
|HP Stroll* Passive||52|
- Ability Awakening
Bartz has three traits that can be enhanced: Boko's Pendant, Life Giver, and Wind Shear.
- Boko's Pendant, unenhanced, normally increases all of Bartz's stats by 10%. Boko's Pendant+1 has an added effect of auto-buffing his ATK and MAG by 20% during battle. Boko's Pendant+2 will allow Bartz to refresh MP (5%) per turn. Its awakening materials are Support Crysts.
- By default, Live Giver allows Bartz to recover a KO'd ally to full HP/MP while instantly knocking himself out. Life Giver+1 will also increase the target's wind resistance (70%) for three turns. Life Giver+2 will add the effect of granting the Auto-revive status to the revived unit. Its awakening materials are Support Crysts.
- Wind Shear+1 will raise its original damage power (5.4x) to (7x). Wind Shear+2 will change it to target all enemies. It requires Power Crysts to be awakened.
- Limit Burst
Bartz's Limit Burst receives three different names, depending on his rarity: Pursuing Winds (探求の風, Tankyū no Kaze?, lit. Wind's Quest), Drogan's Blade (ドルガンの秘剣, Dorugan no Hiken?, lit. Dorgann's Secret Sword), and Brave Blade (ブレイブブレイド, Bureibu Bureido?). A damage-type ability, it deals physical damage to one enemy. Depending on his rarity, it may deal two (3★), four (4★), six (5★) or seven (6★) hits to the enemy.
Its damage modifier will depend on Bartz's LB level:
He can equip accessories.
- Bartz's Limit Burst "Drogan's Blade" (although mispelled) refers to his late father, Dorgann Klauser, and to the recurring weapon, Dorgann's Blade.
- When awakened, Bartz (and the rest of the Final Fantasy V playable cast) bears colored borders in his sprites that alludes to the element that represents him, that being Wind/green.