Bards use their songs to enhance their party's performance. The effect of their songs varies depending on the harp they use.
The bearer of this certificate has expertly harnessed the power of song and is deemed worthy of the title of Master Bard.
- Special ability - Scare
Each use the Bard's 'Scare' command reduces all enemies' levels:
- Enemy level = Enemy level - 3
Multiple uses of 'Scare' can eventually lead to enemies running away instead of attacking in battle. An enemy will only run away if:
- (Lowest character level) - (Enemy level) > 15
If the above condition is met, then the chance that a monster will choose to Run will be:
- %Chance to Run = 100 - Monster Hit%
As an enemy level is decreased there is the potential of reducing its Magic Attack Multiplier. Bosses are immune to 'Scare' and will also never attempt to Run.
- Special ability - Cheer
The Bard's 'Cheer' command gives an additive bonus to physical Base Damage for each party member. Base Damage = Base Damage + (10 * # of Cheers) (for physical attacks only).
- Special ability - Sing
Selecting Sing will cause the Bard to sing a song depending on which harp the user has equipped. The song will always be performed as the first action of each turn.
|NES version||3D versions|
The Bard appears as a character card.
bard was a professional poet, employed by a patron, such as a monarch or nobleman, to commemorate the patron's ancestors and to praise the patron's own activities. Originally a specific class of poet, with the decline of living bardic tradition in the modern period the term "bard" acquired generic meaning of an epic author/singer/narrator, or any poets, especially famous ones. For example, William Shakespeare is known as the Bard or the Bard of Avon.In medieval Gaelic and British culture, a
- Final Fantasy III marks the first appearance of Bards within the series, as well as their Sing ability and the use of instruments as a weapon type.
- Whenever Bards use their Sing ability in the 3D version they chant the first five notes from the "Final Fantasy" theme.
- Unused dialogue for the remake suggests that the Bard job was going to be moved from the Water Crystal to the town of Duster.