Bandersnatch is an enemy in Final Fantasy XV fought in Malmalam Thicket as the boss of the sidequest of the same name and the Malmalam Mirage hunt. A bandersnatch can also be found in a depression north from Hammerhead in Leide as a regular enemy. It is fought as a Timed Quest in the following days of the month: 3 and 12, where defeating it yields 100 QP.
- Wide-jawed beast that literally fumes with rage when angered. Little beyond that which is apparently observable is known about this curious species. The majority of specimens have been spotted in Cleigne with occasional sightings in Leide.
- Size: 54.29 ft. Weight: 38.38 t
- The bandersnatch is a feral and savage beast feared by all others, but is nevertheless in the habit of bathing itself. Many a bold cameraman has risked his life trying to capture this moment of vulnerability, only to find himself helpless before the bashful terror.
- Size: 54.56 ft. Weight: 38.40 t
- Fabled "pet" of the Witch of the Woods. The Malmalam Thicket is off-limits to hunters, who can thus neither confirm nor deny the beast's existence.
- Size: 54.95 ft. Weight: 38.55 t
|Malmalam Mirage||Old Lestallum||1||Bandersnatch x1||Malmalam Thicket (All Times)||51||13,500 gil, Mega Phoenix||★★★★|
Bandersnatch is big and has a strong tail it can sweep at the party with. It is weak to spears and lightning. When it spins it whips its tail about before charging, and will often follow up with a powerful side bash. The player can point-warp high up to a tree in the place where the bandersnatch is fought in the Malmalam Thicket.
Storm Lance a good weapon against a bandersnatch. Attacking the tail or legs can stun it, especially with powerful warp-strikes. The player can then assault the face with the Armiger when the bandersnatch topples over, or use a cross chain if it becomes available.
If fighting one early on near Leide, the player can do a hit-and-run strategy by warp-striking and then point-warping away from it before it can counterattack. However, the player's party members will likely die fast.
Bandersnatch is a creature mentioned twice by the late author Lewis Carroll; in the poem Jabberwocky in the Alice novel Through The Looking-Glass, and What Alice Found There, and also in the stand-alone poem The Hunting of the Snark (An Agony in 8 Fits).