I couldn't miss the chance to practice my drawing!
A sword said to have been wielded by a hero from the north. A blue jewel is embedded in its broad handle.
Final Fantasy Tactics: The War of the Lions description
- 1 Appearances
- 1.1 Final Fantasy X
- 1.2 Final Fantasy XI
- 1.3 Final Fantasy XIV
- 1.4 Final Fantasy XV
- 1.5 Final Fantasy Tactics
- 1.6 Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
- 1.7 Dissidia Final Fantasy NT
- 1.8 Dissidia Final Fantasy Opera Omnia
- 1.9 Final Fantasy Airborne Brigade
- 1.10 Final Fantasy Record Keeper
- 1.11 Final Fantasy Brave Exvius
- 2 Non-Final Fantasy appearances
- 3 Gallery
- 4 Etymology
- 5 Trivia
Appearances[edit | edit source]
The Balmung is a greatsword used by Dark Knights that are at least level 70. It has a damage of 80, a delay of 480, reduces HP by 5%, increases Accuracy by 5, Attack by 13, and has an additional effect of Dispel. It can only be bought from other players or dropped from Fafnir.
|Balmung||Dark Knight's Arm
DRK Lv. 50
Item Level 90
|Physical Damage: 46||Auto-attack: 45.38||Delay: 2.96|
Critical Hit +37
Balmung is the most powerful weapon for Noctis only when used against daemons despite having the highest strength boost. Like all other weapons in Final Fantasy XV that were designed to be used on daemons, they deal extra damage to them, but reduced damage to all other enemies.
|Balmung||Swords||446||3||Max MP: +11|
Damage reduction with lower MP: -4% damage for every percentage point reduction
|Find: Ch.15: Steyliff Grove maze (Level 29)|
Initially the sword delivers devastating harm, but as the wielder's magical energies decline, so too does the blade's lethality.
Balmung is the second best fell sword, a two-handed weapon usable by Dark Knights. Like all fell swords, its power increases the lower its user's Faith stat is. It has an Attack power of 32, inflicts Stop, and can only be obtained through Melee in the War of the Lions version.
Balmung is a level 90 sword that adds 63 to a character's ATK and +40% to a character's initial Bravery. It can be obtained in the Labyrinth by trading 158,000 gil, an Icebrand, a Delight of Conflict, and Wanderer's Hope x5.
The Balmung is one of Garland's unlockable weapons. It can be obtained either by random chance when redeeming a Treasure token, or by purchasing it from the Shop for 7,200 Gil. Like all other characters' weapons, equipping it offers no advantages or disadvantages.
Non-Final Fantasy appearances[edit | edit source]
Balmung is a greatsword that can be equipped by Ibuki.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Being the weapon of a hero and associated with the Dark Sword series of weapons and the Dark Knight class, appears to draw inspiration of the juxtaposition of powerful yet ruthless Norse Vikings against the chivalrous Francia originated Knight, and to how the Völsunga saga is often fraught with elements of intrigue and human fault.
- Being capable of inflicting the Stop status likely refers to a scene in the Nibelunglied; the wife of Siggurd, Kriemhild, is struck at the waist by Hildebrand, the mentor of Dietrich von Bern, who was disgusted with her ploys for vengeance. Though she claims to feel no pain or harm, Hildebrand drops a ring for Kriemhild to pick up, only for her to fall apart.