Final Fantasy Wiki
Advertisement

The Bagrisk is an enemy from Final Fantasy VII fought in the Cosmo Area on a small dirt patch near the beaches far northwest of Cosmo Canyon, and in the fourth round of the Battle Square during the time Tiny Bronco is available. When fought in the Battle Square its stats are enhanced with double the regular HP and its Attack and Magic Attack are increased by 25%.

Stats[]

Formations[]

# Formation
120 Row 1: Bagrisk A, Bagrisk B
Row 2: Bagrisk C
123 Bagrisk A, Bagrisk B, Bagrisk C (Back Attack)

Locations[]

Cosmo Area
Dirt 120, 123 (Back Attack)
Battle Square (with Tiny Bronco available)
Group A - Battle 4 120

Battle[]

Stone Strike.

Bagrisk is not a particularly difficult enemy to defeat. It uses its Tail attack twice in one turn and has the powerful Quake2 spell, and its Stone Strike always inflicts Petrify on one character, though it normally uses it only once per battle.

Bagrisks are the only source of infinite Vagyrisk Claw items. Due to the way steal mechanics work, the higher the level the player is before they attempt to steal the claws, the harder they become to steal, and after a certain level Vagyrisk Claws become impossible to steal. The steal chance is best at level 11, with a 54.86% chance of stealing a Soft, a 4.23% chance of stealing a Vagyrisk Claw, and a 40.91% chance of stealing nothing. It is impossible to steal the claw while wearing the Sneak Glove, or at levels greater than 77, because one of the two Softs the Bagrisks carry will be stolen first. However, a finite supply of Vagyrisk Claws can be obtained from the optional boss CMD.Grand Horn, in case the player were wanting to collect every item in the game for completion's sake. Otherwise, there is no special benefit in trying to procure the Vagyrisk Claw, as it is just a normal consumable item.

Strategy[]

It is recommended to bring along a Jem Ring to prevent Petrify, or bring plenty of Softs.

Manipulating Bagrisks into using Stone Strike against their allies can defeat them in a group. Any multi-target spells, such as Magic Materia with All, or E.Skills like Beta or Aqualung, defeat groups of them easily.

AI script[]

AI: Setup {

1/3 Chance: Count = 1
2/3 Chance: Count = 0
SpclChance = 16
TempVar:StoneStrike = 1

} AI: Main {

If (Count == 0) Then
{
If (At Least One Opponent doesn't have Petrify) Then
{
Choose Random Opponent without Petrify
Use <Tail> on Target
}
If (Rnd(1..SpclChance) == 1) Then
{
Choose Random Opponent without Petrify
Use <Tail> on Target
}
Count = 1
} Else If (Count == 1) Then {
If (At Least One Opponent doesn't have Petrify) Then
{
If ((Bagrisk's MP >= 28) AND (Rnd(1..SpclChance) == 1)) Then
{
Choose Random Opponent without Petrify
Use Quake2 on Target
} Else {
Choose Random Opponent without Petrify
Use <Tail> on Target
}
}
Count = 2
} Else {
If (At Least One Opponent doesn't have Petrify Status) Then
{
If ((Rnd(1..SpclChance) == 1) AND (TempVar:StoneStrike == 1)) Then
{
Choose Random Opponent without Petrify Status
Use Stone Strike on Target
TempVar:StoneStrike = 0
} Else {
Choose Random Opponent without Petrify Status
Use <Tail> on Target
}
}
Count = 0
}

} AI: Counter - General {

If (Bagrisk's HP <= 25% of Bagrisk's Max HP) Then
{
SpclChance = 3
} Else If (Bagrisk's HP <= 50% of Bagrisk's Max HP) Then {
SpclChance = 6
} Else If (Bagrisk's HP <= 75% of Bagrisk's Max HP) Then {
SpclChance = 9
} Else {
SpclChance = 16
}

}

Etymology[]

The Basilisk is a fictional beast that appeared in medieval bestiaries, it is said that a single gaze to their eyes would kill or petrify the observer. It was supposed to appear when a chicken's egg was hatched by a snake or a frog (hence their reptilian appearance).

Advertisement