Ayumi Namae (生江亜由美, Namae Ayumi?) is an artist and designer that works at Square Enix. Her first credit in the Final Fantasy series was for the release of the 2006 main entry Final Fantasy XII, where she worked on art and design, designing outfits for the game such as Ashelia B'nargin Dalmasca's wedding dress in the opening scene and Penelo's dancer outfit. After her work on Final Fantasy XII concluded she moved on to work on Final Fantasy XI Online where she worked on 2D design for new models, as well as the artifact gear for the Corsair, Blue Mage, Scholar, Puppetmaster and Dancer jobs.
As the same time she began work on Final Fantasy XIV Online where she once again provided 2D art and design not only for important NPCs, but also for player character gear and weapons, including the artifact equipment for Job classes, and continued on this role as Lead character concept artist through the game's relaunch as A Realm Reborn and through it's expansions.
Ayumi Namae is credited for designing many of the main characters featured in Final Fantasy XIV, including the Leveilleur twins, Alisaie and Alphinaud, the Senna siblings, Raya-O, Kan-E and A-Ruhn as well as Thordan VII, Yugiri Mistwalker. Krile Mayer Baldesion, Thancred Waters, Y'shtola Rhul, Lyse Hext, Yotsuyu goe Brutus, Ryne, and the various updated looks for the main characters, such as the Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward look for Alisaie and the Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers looks for Y'shtola and Urianger Augurelt. She also designed the game's interpretation of the Viera, defining things such as the facial characteristics.
Work within the series
|Final Fantasy XII||Art Design, 2D Art (Movie Costumes for NPC/PC)|
|Final Fantasy XI Online||2D Art (New Models / NPCs)|
|Final Fantasy XIV Online||Lead Character Concept Artist, 2D Art (PC, NPC, Gear, Weapons, etc.)|
|Final Fantasy XIV Online: A Realm Reborn||Lead Character Concept Artist, 2D Art (PC, NPC, Gear, Weapons, etc.)|
|Final Fantasy XIV Online: Heavensward||Lead Character Concept Artist, 2D Art (PC, NPC, Gear, Weapons, etc.)|
|Final Fantasy XIV Online: Stormblood||Lead Character Concept Artist, 2D Art (PC, NPC, Gear, Weapons, etc.)|
|Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age||Art Design|
|Final Fantasy XIV Online: Shadowbringers||Lead Character Concept Artist, 2D Art (PC, NPC, Gear, Weapons, etc.)|
|Dissidia Final Fantasy NT DLC||Alternate costume design for Vaan|
- finalfantasyxiv (2 February 2019). Art Panel in FFXIV LIVE from the Fan Festival in Paris! Day1 (2/3). Twitch.tv. Archived from the original on 11 May 2021.
- Zhexos (7 February 2019). Special Guest Section in Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XLIX Digest (02/12/2019). FINAL FANTASY XIV Forum. Accessed 11 May 2021. Archived from the original on 20 February 2019.
- Julia Lee (11 May 2020). Final Fantasy 14’s fantastic fashions and how they came to be. Polygon. Accessed May 11, 2021. Archived from the original on 17 May 2020.
- FINAL FANTASY XIV (12 March 2020). The Creation of FINAL FANTASY XIV: Shadowbringers – Episode Three: Shaping The Styles (CC). YouTube.
- FINAL FANTASY XIV (2 February 2019). FINAL FANTASY XIV on Twitter: "The Fan Fest art panel may be over, but fans can check out amazing art from Ayumi Namae at her own Fan Fest gallery. She's worked on a variety of pieces for #FFXIV, from character concept art to seasonal event art and more!". Twitter.