Final Fantasy Wiki
Advertisement
Final Fantasy Wiki

Argyle Armlet is an accessory in Final Fantasy XII that makes the wearer immune to Blind. In the Zodiac versions, the armlet also gives +1 to Strength and halves Dark damage to the wearer. Wearing multiple pieces of equipment that all give the same elemental resistance does not stack, but certain different types do: Halve + Absorb = Absorbs half, meaning equipping Argyle Armlet with Demon Shield, Black Mask or Gendarme makes the wearer absorb half of the Dark damage inflicted upon them.

Obtain[]

Original[]

In the original PlayStation 2 versions, the Argyle Armlet can be bought for 600 gil from Dyce in Nam-Yensa Sandsea and Tomb of Raithwall, and from the salesmoogle in Eruyt Village. It is found in a treasure in Nam-Yensa Sandsea's Withering Shores (nearest to the entrance to the cave; 65% chance to appear, 50% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Argyle Armlet without the Diamond Armlet Map 25 Nam Yensa Sandsea) and Ozmone Plain's Field of Fallen Wings (before the exit to the Switchback; 60% chance to appear, 40% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Argyle Armlet without the Diamond Armlet Map 29 Ozmone Plain). It is a rare poach from Danbania and Bull Danbania.

Zodiac[]

In the updated Zodiac versions, the Argyle Armlet can be bought for 600 gil from Barheim Passage, Dreadnought Leviathan, Dalmasca Westersand (after Ondore's estate), Dyce in Nam-Yensa Sandsea, Mosphoran Highwaste (after defeating Judge Bergan) and from the "secret shop" in Necrohol of Nabudis. It is found in a treasure in Dalmasca Estersand's Sand-Swept Naze (55% chance to appear, 50% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Argyle Armlet without the Diamond Armlet), Golmore Jungle's The Greenswathe (80% chance to appear, 35% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Argyle Armlet without the Diamond Armlet), Tchita Uplands' Oliphzak Rise (35% chance to appear, 70% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Argyle Armlet without the Diamond Armlet), and Pharos - First Ascent's Wellspring Labyrinth (75% chance to appear, 40% chance for gil, 50% chance the item treasure is Argyle Armlet without the Diamond Armlet), as well as the Trial Mode stages 9 and 31 with the Diamond Armlet equipped.

It is the common steal from Avenger in Trial Mode Stage 72, and remains the rare poach from Danbania and Bull Danbania.

Use[]

The Argyle Armlet makes the wearer immune to Blind, an ailment that halves accuracy with physical attacks. It is useful for physical attackers against enemies that use Blind a lot, but less so for mages and healers. An alternative would be to wear the Goggle Mask, or set up gambits for Eye Drops, Blindna, or Esunaga. Ribbons also make the Argyle Armlet redundant as they protect against all status ailments, but are also available much later into the game.

In the Zodiac version, the accessory also halves Dark damage, which is perhaps the more useful property; though equipment that absorb Dark also exist, Argyle Armlet is available from early on. Against Zodiark, it is best to not have everyone absorb Dark, so having a character with Half:Dark equipment, such as the Argyle Armlet, is useful; if everyone absorbs Dark, Zodiark will use Darkja twice as often to pick the party off with Instant Death, for which there is no protection.

Advertisement