Archives (ギャラリー, Gyararī?, lit. Gallery) is a menu option added to Final Fantasy XV in patches. It is similar to the Datalog from the Lightning Saga, in that it summarizes information on characters and enemies. The DLCs Final Fantasy XV: Episode Prompto, Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ignis, Final Fantasy XV: Episode Ardyn, as well as Final Fantasy XV: Comrades, also have archives. Archive entries carry over to New Game Plus and Chapter Select.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
- Chronicles the Cosmogony entries the player has found.
- Chronicles the location data the player has found.
- Chronicles the journal entries of Oric Gambell the player has found.
- Chronicles the letters the player has found.
- Chronicles the research materials the player has found.
- Chronicles the monoliths the player has found.
- The Ω-Files
- Chronicles the research files on Omega the player has found.
- Datalog entries are exclusive to the Windows and Royal Editions.
- Archive Highlights
- Archive of photos the player can collect.
- Documents Ignis can find from Altissia.
- Information on the various things Ardyn interacts with and discovers
- Character profiles.
- Documents the player can collect.
Etymology[edit | edit source]
An archive is a physical or virtual repository, created to collect, store, and preserve creative works of past eras in their original, unaltered states. The term is also used to describe a collection of materials that contains an expansive body of knowledge.