"Apocalypsis Noctis" is a boss theme in Final Fantasy XV that plays during Astrals' Revelations. It is characterized by powerful Latin chanting. It was composed by Yoko Shimomura and arranged by Yoko Shimomura and Sachiko Miyano.
- 1 Lyrics
- 2 Release appearances
- 3 Arrangement album appearances
- 4 Live performances
- 5 Etymology
- 6 References
- Specie tua tantum carnem adme omnes habet cultum.
- Ego sum qui mittit petras et gubernat omnes vitae.
- Caelum, Terra, aversione.
- Magna, Parvus, reversusque.
- Fortis ductor, praecipio.
- Quod ligabis lucem vocis.
- Cum omnibus lucis plenus, Apocalypse finibus.
- Victum unus qui comedit hic vitae omnia: tenebris.
- Malum incarnatus surgit.
- Adducentes secum mortem.
- Para! Para! Para! Para!
- Fortis Rex, Bellator, in manus gladio.
- Bellum in virtute, victum quod hostibus.
- Magis mortem venit primum.
- Quod est quidam venire.
- Para omnes! Para omnes! Para omnes!
- Nunc est tempus, haec est locus ubi nos obstandum, omne tandem ex nobis unum!
- Through you alone there will be worship.
- I am the one who sends the stone and rules all lives.
- Heaven, earth, aversion.
- Great, small, return.
- Strong leadership and command.
- That binds to the voice of light.
- With all full light, the end of apocalypse.
- That which devoured all life, darkness.
- Evil increases bringing death.
- For! For! For! For!
- The mighty king, warrior, with the sword in his hands.
- Battles in virtue, survives the enemy.
- But death comes first.
- It is certain that it will come!
- To all! To all! To all!
- Now is the time, this is a place where we are established, finally, each of us!
"Apocalypsis Noctis" plays in the battle against Titan. A similar theme, called "Apocalypsis Aquarius", plays in the battle against Leviathan. Leviathan recites a part of the song's lyrics after agreeing to Lady Lunafreya's plea for Leviathan to forge a covenant with Noctis ("Caelum, Terra, aversione. Magna, Parvus, reversusque."). This is subtitled (in English) as "Heaven and Earth, High and Deep, Birth and Return..."
In the Windows and Royal Edition, "Advent of the Apocalypse" plays when Lunafreya summons all the Astrals to pierce through Ardyn's magical barrier. The track is included in the Final Fantasy XV Original Soundtrack Volume 2.
"Apocalypsis Noctis" also plays in the ending credits after the "interlude" at the final camp site.
"Apocalypsis Aquarius" plays at the start of the episode. An arrangement called "Apocalypsis Magnatus" plays during the Friendly Match against Noctis.
"Apocalypsis Noctis" plays as the last theme in the ending credits. It is the final track on the Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XV: Original Soundtrack.
Two versions of the song are available for 3,600 gil, the original and a new arranged version for Dissidia.
Arrangement album appearances
A piano arrangement is included as the fourth track on the album.
"Apocalypsis Noctis" was the final piece performed in the concert, during which composer Yoko Shimomura played the piano.
"Apocalypsis Noctis" is included in the concert album, performed by Distant Worlds Philharmonic Orchestra and Chorus, recorded on 14th and 15th March 2017 in The Dvorak Hall, Rudolfinum, Prague, Czech Republic. "Apocalypsis Noctis" is the 6th track.
Apocalypsis is Latin for "revelation".
Noctis is the name of the main character of Final Fantasy XV of whom the song's lyrics are about. His name being Latin for night, the song's title "Apocalypsis Noctis" can be translated as "revelation of the night".
Aquarius is Latin for "(of) water". Apocalypsis Aquarius plays during the battle against Leviathan, the Goddess of the Seas.
Magnatus is a Latin term referring to an individual of great rank or import. Apocalypsis Magnatus plays while Ignis spars with Noctis, the True King.
The song name draws parallel to the Book of Revelation, also called the Revelation to John, the Apocalypse of John, The Revelation, or simply Revelation or Apocalypse. It is the apocalyptic document in the New Testament canon that occupies a central place in Christian eschatology, which culminates in the Second Coming of Jesus. In Final Fantasy XV Noctis is the True King, a savior archetype, who undergoes the gods' trials, called Revelations, to gain the power to cleanse the world of darkness.