Amh Araeng. From this parched earth the nation of Nabaath Areng once rose. When I journeyed here, long ago, I spoke with a sun-weathered elder. He told me Amh Areang meant "majestic land" in the language of his people. And so it might still be... were it nor for the Light's unrelenting onslaught...
Amh Araeng is a desert located on the southern expanse of Norvrandt in Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers. The land was once ruled by the nation of Nabaath Areng until the Flood of Light consumed most of their land. Geographically, it corresponds to Southern Thanalan in the Source.
Profile[edit | edit source]
It was on the edges of this vast desert, occupying the soutern expanse of Norvrandt, that the Flood of Light was halted. Inhospitable from the beginning, it now lies on the threshold of life and all-consuming radiance.
Official website description
Story[edit | edit source]
Locations[edit | edit source]
Amh Araeng can be accessed from the Crystarium's Amaro stables where they will take players to the northeasten region of the map. Amh Araeng is located south of Lakeland and can be accessed by foot later on in the story.
Aetherytes[edit | edit source]
There are three Aetherytes located within the region, each within the settlements of Mord Souq, The Inn at Journey's Head, and Twine.
Areas[edit | edit source]
- Qasr Sharl - A set of ruins in the northeast of Amh Araeng that serve as a waypoint for traders between Mord Souq and the Crystarium.
- The Fields of Amber - A large area that encompasses most of the eastern half of Amh Araeng.
- The Northern Hills of Amber - Located in the northwest of Amh Araeng.
- The Central Hills of Amber - Located in the west of Amh Araeng.
- The Southern Hills of Amber - Located in the southwest of Amh Araeng.
- Nabaath Areng - The ruins of the nation that once ruled over Amh Araeng, now partially swallowed up by the Empty. It was here that the Oracle of Light held back the Flood, the crystallized remains of which now loom overhead like a wave.
Settlements[edit | edit source]
Mord Souq[edit | edit source]
Meaning "Mord City", this town of trade is run by the Mord. It has numerous market stalls, and buildings home to the merchants and residents. It has one watchtower located behind the Aetheryte known as The Rack.
The Inn at Journey's Head[edit | edit source]
A hospice located in the southern region of The Fields of Amber, situated in a rock formation where its residents take refuge. The settlement is run by a group of carers who make sure those corrupted by light live out their final days in peace.
Twine[edit | edit source]
A mining town located in The Central Hills of Amber, so named for the partnership between the Ronso and Mystel miners who once drove the region's industry - although nowadays, only the Ronso remain in any great number. Talos-powered mining trolley tracks connect the town with Mt. Biran mines in the north and Malikah's Well and Nabaath Areng in the south.
Garik[edit | edit source]
A small Mord village located in The Northern Hills of Amber.
Weather[edit | edit source]
Amh Araeng's climate may exhibit any of the following weather conditions:
- Everlasting Light (at all times prior to completing Malikah's Well, as well as between completing The Crown of the Immaculate and the 5.0 main scenario.)
- Clear Skies
- Dust Storms
- Fair Skies
- Heat Waves
Places of interest[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Duties[edit | edit source]
FATEs[edit | edit source]
Others[edit | edit source]
Enemies[edit | edit source]
Elite Marks[edit | edit source]
Musical themes[edit | edit source]
"Sands of Amber" plays at all times in Amh Araeng while Everlasting Light is in effect. After the night sky is restored, "Sands of Amber" continues to play during daytime, while "Sands of Blood" plays at night.
"Such as it is" plays in the settlements of Mord Souq and Garik, while "No Greater Sorrow" plays in Twine and The Inn at Journey's Head.
"Rencounter" plays during all standard enemy encounters throughout Amh Araeng.