Timepiece that releases all allies from Sleep.
Alarm Clock (目覚まし時計, Mezamashi Tokei?), also known as AlmClock, Alarm, Wakeup Bell or Prince's Kiss (王子の口づけ, ōji no kuchiduke?), is a recurring item in the series. It removes the Sleep status, and is usually a rare item.
The Alarm Clock cures a target of Sleep. It can be found in Lunar Ruins (Mech Set prize; 2D only) and Eblan Castle (3D only), and dropped by Floating Eye (2D and 3D), Blood Eye (2D and 3D), Eyewing Moth (2D and 3D), Hellflapper (2D and 3D).
The Alarm Clock can be obtained from various enemies, and is usually a very rare drop.
In the Zodiac versions, it is called Prince's Kiss, but retains the same animation and sound effect of a ticking clock.
A magical bell that rings loudly and violently to wake even the deepest of sleepers. It is very popular among adventurers, especially those who have trouble getting up in the morning.
Wakeup Bell cures the target of sleep. It can be bought from Comrade, Florem, Grandship, Hartschild, Starkfort, Eternia, Adventurer (Norende Village Trader Shop Lv. 4) for 50 pg. It can be found in the Ruins of Centro Keep, Vestment Cave, and Harena Ruins and as a reward for tutorial quests.
When used in compounding:
- Wakeup Bell + Wakeup Bell = Wakeup Bell
- Wakeup Bell + Remedy = Remedy
- Wakeup Bell + Elixir = Elixir
- Wakeup Bell + Megalixir = Megalixir
- Wakeup Bell + Potion, Hi-Potion, or X-Potion = Cure Sleep
- Wakeup Bell + Ether or Turbo Ether = Resist Sleep
- Wakeup Bell + Balsam, Phoenix Down, Antidote, Eye Drops, or Echo Herbs = Smelling Salts
An alarm clock, or simply just alarm is a clock that is designed to wake a person at a specific time. The primary utility of these clocks is to awaken people from their night's sleep or short naps; they are sometimes utilized for other reminders as well.
- In Final Fantasy XIV: Shadowbringers, one of the main story quests requires the player to use a Prince's Kiss medicine to gain resistance to dream powder.