Ahriman are floating demons are often referred to simply as floating eyes, since their head is dominated by their one massive cyclopean eye. Possessing the abilities of both warriors and black mages, ahriman can be dangerous to attackers.
The eye's lens can be recovered from a defeated ahriman. The primary use of the lenses is to make Prism Powder, a powder that can render its user essentially invisible. A number of residents of Vana'diel are also looking for these lenses. Tears can also be collected from a defeated ahriman—although their use is generally limited to its inclusion in a cure for blindness. The last notable spoil is the Ahriman Wing, which is used exclusively by expert alchemists.
Species[edit | edit source]
- Bat Eye
- Deadly Iris
- Deep Eye
- Doom Lens
- Evil Eye
- Floating Eye
- Menacing Eye
- Morbid Eye
Notorious Monsters[edit | edit source]
- All-Seeing Onyx Eye
- Angra Mainyu
- Arch Ahriman
- Bat Eye
- Blurry Eye
- Enhanced Ahriman
- Gloom Eye
- Shadow Eye
- Vanguard Eye
Special attacks[edit | edit source]
- Airy Shield: Ranged attack immunity.
- Binding Wave: AoE Bind.
- Blindeye: Single target Blind.
- Eyes On Me: Single target Dark damage.
- Hypnosis: Gaze Attack Sleep.
- Level 5 Petrify: AoE Petrify to anyone whose level is a multiple of 5.
- Magic Barrier: Magic immunity.
- Mind Break: Cone attack Max MP down.